Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Jaspreet Singh GillYour feedback matters!
Sir, i am feeling numbness in one side of my lower lip from nearly one year. Its started when I had a tooth infection. I am also feeling a small lump like thing on pressing it. Please tell me what it might be? thanking you sir.
I am 30 years old a boy and I am suffering from cavity in my tooth and it pain any time. Now what I do.
Dear doctor ,from last 12 days my mouth remains more watered than normal level. How can I care it with home made remedies.
Hi, I have sensitivity problem in my teeth. Everytime I take some cold thing or sweet, my tooth aches. Can you please suggest me what treatment should I go for? Should I go for scaling as I have never gone for it till yet. Thanks in advance.
Hello Doctor, I am unable to control saliva from mouth while sleeping, please advice to reduce this. than.
My teeth gums are paining. I can't eat food even with less spicy. Gums burn when I eat spicy food. Pls help what to do.
Hai I am 26 years old, in an accident I lost my teeth, I heard that we can regenerate teeth using stemcells of wisdom tooth, is it possible, if it is possible how much the cost will be per tooth.
Hello, I have a problem with my mouth that is when I close my mouth for some time It smells very bad. Is it normal. If not then what should I do for it?
I have canker sore .I can not eat properly nor can I speak well. Its too painful. I want to know how to get rid of these. Please help.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.