Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Jasneet KangYour feedback matters!
you have been feeling sleeplessness for last two days and also experiencing pain near the eyes. Please suggest remedy.
My sister suffering headache. She used migraine tablet and not got relief. We consult eye specialist. Doctor said that she have eyesight. We are shocked. She is reading newspaper and textbooks which have small letters. Need your kind assistance. Am really disappointed on that moment. She suggested to wear glasses.
I want to get rid of spectacles. My left eye has no. 3.25, and right eye no. 2.50. please help me as fast.
I am loosing my eye power and my specs power is getting high, so what I have to do to regain my eye power?
I have some irritation in my eyes while studying, even I use my specs regularly. What should I do to get rid of that?
Iam a 19 years boy and iam getting pain in my eyes and neck pain at nt I have habit of chatting at nights and some time I feal like my eyes are coming out and how I reduce or control the pain of my eyes and neck what care should I need to take.
I am having irritation and itching for 2 days in left eye. Is it due to pollution or infection? What should i do? Any home remedies? Or i should consult a doctor?
My eye is red due to sunlight. We walk continue in afternoon then my eye is red. This is very major problem .pkesae take me solution of this problem. Please take drop for eye.
My mother has been suffering from herpes she got from her forehead which turned to neuralgia n has effected her eye which might lead to glaucoma. We have tried going to different doctors but all in vain please advice is Botox a good therapy.
My 5 year kid got heavy redness in his left eye. The eye was swollen and tears were coming slightly. The doctor suggested microscopic scraping citing holy color entering in the eyes. He was normal all these days post holy. Not sure whether the diagnosis is correct. Should we go for the treatment suggested as it looks rather painful from what he described
I met an NIN researcher who says not to take vit-c supplements. He says it is not natural. I have read many blogs and medical websites like mayoclinic and heard from the Doctors believing in taking vit-c supplements for strong muscles. Isn't vit-c 1000 mg or 500 mg good for health to the one who workout in the gym. Please clear this doubt! What is the replacement to vit c supplement.
I am planning for Lasik eye surgery. Yesterday I went to a doctor and he said that epi lasik surgery is best for me as I have thin cornea. Is epi lasik safe? One more thing, If I have -2 eye number then doctor will be correcting this particular number only or he does not require my number at the time of surgery since it will be corrected automatically whatever no. I have.
Hello everybody, I am Dr Charu Tyagi. Today I will talk about Computer vision syndrome.
Computer has become part and parcel of our life. We are spending lot many hours on the screens. The screens are associated with some eye problems. Patients who have eye pain, redness, watery eyes, blury vision, headache often associated with long hours on computer. They are classified as Computer Vision Syndrome. So, we would like you to be spending time but have a mix and match activity when you are working on computers. Take time for breaks and look at distances.
People who have tendency to stare, who do not blink well, (we are suppose to blink 16-18 times in a minute), and who are in the AC atmosphere are more prone to Computer Vision Syndrome. Not wearing glasses is one of the important factors for headache and strain.
- People are adviced to blink 16-18 times in a minute.
- Maintain a good posture
- When feel tired, do palming
- Wash eyes
- Have proper hydration
- Follow the rule 20-20-20, which means that after every 20 minutes look at 20 feet or more and blink 20 times.
- Have your computer set 15 degrees and below your eye level. No bright light should be behind the computer
- Maximum contrast and minimum brightness in the computer setting
- Have anti-glare on your computer and anti-glare on your glasses.
- Proper lighting should be there above for proper vision and to avoid strain.
- Do not rub your eyes frequently as keyboards are the source of infection.
- Do not over wear your contact lenses as they can cause dryness in your eyes.
- Avoid kajal and soorma which are not very good for your eyes.
If you see that your symptoms are not improving then you need to see an eye specialist for the complete eye examination.
I am suffering from sty problem. Some etching is there, after lumps on my eyelids. This problem frequently coming and last 3 month I was facing issues. Kindly suggest me and who will I contact? Skin doctor or eye specialist or general medicine.
8 years ago I hv beaten my head to a wall. My forehead is swelled. N it reds come into my eyes. It aoutmaticlly that sawool gone. An some time I hv pain in my head. I fell chaker n pain in left side ful head to neck. What should I do. Till now I hv not taken any treatment.
Hello some time I fell weakness and my head pain very badly n eyes also pain very badly. Heart bit gone very fast. I can't run.
The most common vision problems are shortsightedness and farsightedness. Shortsightedness is when a person sees close objects clearly while distant objects appear blurry. It is more common than farsightedness and affects about 70% of the Asian population.
When there is a refractive issue, the prescription usually has a plus/minus with it and also a number. A ‘minus’ symbol is used to represent shortsightedness; the greater the number of the glasses, the higher the shortsightedness. High myopia is a more severe form of shortsightedness where the power is -6.0 or higher.
As mentioned, the person will be able to see nearby objects but will have difficulty seeing far off objects.
- Difficulty reading signs and boards
- Straining to reduce the strain on the eye
- Tired and fatigue due to this eye strain, especially when in constant move like playing sports or travelling
How it happens?
Vision can be explained by a physical process where light passes through a lens and falls on the retina in the posterior portion of the eye where it forms an image. This is then sent to the brain where it is read and interpreted as a particular object. When the lens becomes elongated, the image that is formed is distorted in that it is formed in front of the retina and not on the retina. Though it gradually settles down with adulthood, in most cases, it progresses and requires corrective lenses. The corrective lenses ensure the image falls on the retina and visual perception is improved.
- Corrective glasses are the most commonly used measure for nearsightedness. The lenses could be used either as spectacles or as contact lenses.
- Laser surgery can also be used to correct the problem. A thin layer of the cornea is removed and the image formation is corrected.
- Artificial intraocular lenses are also being used to treat this condition. They work like contact lenses and may need periodic replacement.
- The most common technique, especially for high myopia is the use of surgery to correct the problem. This is a one-time correction and is a more durable solution than the earlier mentioned options.
- Appropriate calculations are done to identify the lens to be used so that proper vision is restored.
- Though not common, retinal detachment and variable postoperative refractive error can occur during the surgery.
- It is very important to set realistic expectations with the patient in terms of what to expect before, during, and after surgery. If only one eye is going for repair, the chances of mismatch in vision could be present in the early stages. Being clear about what to expect will help in successful correction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.