Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jasmine Nanda
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jasmine NandaYour feedback matters!
While we all believe that green leafy vegetables are to be included as part of our regime, not all of us know in detail the amount of goodness that is packed in these. The first thing that comes to mind at the thought of leafy green vegetable is the tender, green, luscious looking spinach. However, not all of us know the amount of goodness and nutrition it stores within in. Spinach, though appears to be delicate and light, puts up a strong fight against inflammatory problems, stress-related problems, cardiovascular issues, bone diseases, and various types of cancers.
- Minerals and vitamins: Fresh green spinach is loaded with a multitude of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and K. Major minerals contained in spinach include manganese, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, and selenium.
- Anti-cancer benefits: The antioxidant properties in spinach come from carotenoids and flavonoids, and it is loaded with about a dozen flavonoid compounds, thereby getting a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. Spinach helps in reducing inflammation in the stomach lining and other areas, thereby reducing chances of intestinal cancer. It also provides significant protection against prostate cancer. The incidence of skin papilloma is also reduced with increased consumption of spinach.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: The good amounts of vitamin C, E, A, zinc, manganese, selenium are beneficial for reducing stress and thereby reduce incidence of heart attacks and high blood pressure. Spinach also is rich in protein and contains some peptides (small protein units) which inhibits angiotensin-converting enzyme, which is responsible for increasing blood pressure. This is another way how spinach helps lower blood pressure.
- Eyes: Lutein and zeaxanthin are two carotenoids, which protects the eyes against cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Bones: The bacteria in the stomach convert vitamin K1 in spinach to vitamin K2. While vitamin K1 supports the bones by reducing the number of osteoclasts (cells that break down bones), vitamin K2 activates osteocalcin, which promotes bone formation. The high levels of calcium and magnesium only make it even better for the bones.
- Digestive system: With the good fiber content it has, there is reduced instance of constipation. The anti-inflammatory property helps keep the stomach lining healthy and less prone to ulcers. It also helps flush out toxins and keeps the body alkaline, which helps beat stress.
- Skin: The various minerals and vitamins in spinach reduces chances of skin infections and also adds to the glow of the skin. The itchiness and dryness of the skin also is reduced with regular use of spinach.
So the next time you are thinking, which is one thing you should pick up when you go to the market, think spinach.
My wife had C-section delivery before 2 months. And so we wanna know that after how many months should we have sex.
Hello! I am a 22 year female. I am facing menstrual irregularities ever since i attained menarche. Moreover, I also have a problem of PCOD. I have tried getting treated for the same but in vain. Now, I haven't had my menstrual cycle since 6 months and since a month i notice a dark to light brown colored vaginal discharge on daily basis. I am already very overweight. Please help me out with the problem of mine.
Hi doctors. If my girlfriends normal mens date is 16th Of every month she has a 30 day cycle right? She consumed a I pill on 23rd of August And then had withdrawal bleeding on the 29th of August that lasted for 2 days. The blood was more then spotting and less then a normal period and Dark in colour. Then on the 8th of September she had bleeding for 4 days. This bleeding was like a normal period. The blood was dark at the start and lightened as it went on for 4 days. She also had cramps like normal period and flow also was the same as a normal period. So now it's the 7th of October and she has been getting pimples on her face and cramps too. Will she get her periods on the 8th or 16th? Or is she pregnant? She has shown no signs so far of pregnancy. Please help me.
Doctor my 16th day follicular study reports shows that the left ovary- no progress, right ovary- 22. 1*23. 2mm, et 11. 2 mm, and there is no free fluid. Can you pls explain about my report doctor and also I have some questions, kindly pls answer to this also. When is my ovulation day? can I conceive this month? pls help me doctor am ttc for nearly 1 year.
I had done sex with my GF last month she got pregnant I had given her pills after she got menstruation on 10 august and this month still now 14 she not hd her date so is there any serious.
I have done unprotected physical relation with my boyfriend on my 8th day from MC started. Then I took pill (unwanted 72) .Now on 15th day of MC I bleed and also bleed today (16 th day of MC) .I am feeling same pain when I feel in periods. What is this problem? Am I getting my periods very early? Is it matter of concern? please help me.
I am female 42 years old, having normal periods .but, this month facing repeat periods within 20 days again. Is it normal. This month I go through with sexual relation several times.
I had sex 2 days (took I pills after that) before and today I got my regular period. I am I going to be pregnant or not.
My gf suffer from intense pain during period and it occurs more than 1 time in a month so what to do and yes she is of 20 yrs.
Hi I am 28 years old. on 2014 sep I delivered a baby, again when we should try for 2nd one. Please suggest
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.