Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hello, we are couple had regular intercourse and did not missed middle 6-10 days of intercourse. My wife has to get her period on 23 march, 2016 and she did not had her period and after 7 days she has a bleeding. We are confused that is it a sign of period or other. We had hopes this time she is late for 7 days and we thought she is pregnant but all of sudden she had bleeding, please help us with this query.
Sir/mam there is a flow of white liquid sometimes and at d same time it causes weakness in body please tel me what to do I had physical relationship with my bf is this is becaUSE of THAT.
I have a fibroid in uterus. It is a hypoechoic mass of 38x40 mm in size. Any treatment of it except surgery.
Sir my wife is 31 years old. She was prevented by couper-t as on 20 jul 2013. Mansurance was continued for six months, since mar 2014 it is totally not seen of monopose. All test of pragnancy, thyroied comes nill. Orrally she healdy but what is the reason for not continuesion of monthly period? we wish to remove it at the earliest and hope for another child. Please be informed to us shortly.
I haven't had a period since 23rd -28th of Jan and spotting on 10th and 11th of march now bleeding bright red blood:(got pains as well bad back pain. I had a miscarriage on 7th November 2015 so last year.
Menorrhagia is a medical condition in which a woman experiences excessive blood loss during menstruation. Though for some women, heavy bleeding might be normal, but Menorrhagia refers to such a condition in which a woman encounters anomalous bleeding. Generally, menstrual bleeding continues for a maximum period of seven days, however, in case of Menorrhagia, the bleeding continues for more than seven days.
Different causes are responsible for Menorrhagia. Some of the causes are mentioned below:
- In case of some women, miscarriage during pregnancy can lead to the development of Menorrhagia.
- Hormonal imbalance (especially Estrogen and Progesterone) can cause Menorrhagia.
- Any fibroid growth in the uterus region can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Birth control procedures like birth control shot, vaginal ring or intake of birth control pills can sometimes lead to a condition of Menorrhagia.
- For some women, anovulation (unable to ovulate at least once in a month) may result in Menorrhagia.
- Disorder related to platelet count can also cause Menorrhagia.
- Uterus cancer can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Maladies, related to kidney, liver or thyroid can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Sometimes, hereditary bleeding complications like Willebrand's disease (drop in the blood's clotting protein) can also cause Menorrhagia.
- At times, pelvic inflammatory diseases such as a fallopian tube infection can cause Menorrhagia.
The most common symptoms of Menorrhagia are as follows:
- Constant necessity to replace sanitary pads
- Unbearable menstrual cramps
- You may often notice passage of blood clots with regular bleeding
- Sometimes, the person may become anemic
- Body fatigue and drowsiness
Treatment for Menorrhagia: Menorrhagia is easily curable. Many treatment methods are available such as intake of iron tablets to prevent anemia, painkillers like Ibuprofen to control menstrual cramps and hormone therapy to cease excess bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.