Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jasleen Kaur MalhotraYour feedback matters!
My periods are 1 day late from its due date but I am having cramping and feeling wet in my vagina .am I pregnant or its late for some other reason.
I am pregnant. My nauseous tendency has increased from 13weeks and now I am in 15weeks and it has increased. Is is due to the reason the baby is moving?
I have pcos problem for more than a year. Sometimes I get periods regularly and sometimes it takes a couple of months or more. What should I do? Is there any way to treat through diet?
Metabolic syndrome: Causes and symptoms
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be,
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men