Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jasdeep Kaur MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old have been suffering from severe jock itch for past 1 year 1 have tried soft lotion bt there was no change. And its has been spread to my butts also. There is severe itching and scares also. Which I could not get proper sleep. Plzz help me.
Is the eggs effects more acne? I m going to gym and my coach said me to take 4 eggs daily but when I take eggs many acnes have made on my face. What should I do?
Exposing your skin to harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun can have devastating effects on your skin,including wrinkles, sunburn and even skin cancer. So, using a sunscreen every time you step outdoors and using it correctly is of vital importance to have healthy skin. However, most people have different misconceptions about sunscreen usage. Read on to find the real facts behind these widespread sunscreen myths:
1. You don’t need to apply sunscreen if your makeup contains SPF: If any of your makeup products like foundation or powder contains SPF, do not assume that it can replace your sunscreen. Makeup containing SPF cannot protect your skin entirely as cosmetics are generally applied lightly,and mostly doesn’t cover places like T-zones, earlobes or hairline. To fully shield your skin from the sunrays, it’s necessary to apply sunscreen or moisturizer with at least SPF 30 before putting makeup on. It is advisable to apply the sunscreen half an hour before stepping out for maximum benefit.
2. Putting sunscreen on your skin once is enough to protect you throughout the day: Most people apply sunscreen only once before heading out of the house, and don’t reapply it again throughout the entire day.Contrary to popular belief, this does not provide protection for the entire day as most sunscreens lose their effect with time. To ensure that your skin remains protected you need to reapply sunscreen once every 2 hours, and once every 40-80 minutes if you are engaging in activities like swimming and exercising.
3. Waterproof sunscreens won’t wash off: Even if your sunscreen is waterproof, you need to reapply it at regular intervals if you are pursuing water sports like swimming or are the kind who washes their face frequently. When a sunscreen is typified as waterproof, it actually means that the composition of the sunscreen makes it suitable for functioning for a maximum of 1 hour and 20 minutes under water. Moreover, sunscreens containing a ‘water-resistant’ label can bear water immersion up to at most 40 minutes. So, irrespective of whatever the label of the sunscreen mentions, you need to reapply sunscreen every hour to protect your skin effectively.
4. You do not need to apply sunscreen in winters or you are when indoors: Winter skin is relatively more sensitive than summer skin which is tanned. If one is in hilly areas or snow covered regions there is reflection of UV light from the snow that causes more skin damage. Also glass can allow UV rays to pass through and indoor lighting can also be a source of UV exposure, therefore you should apply sunscreen even when you are indoors.
Dear sir, I am 30 year old and hair of my beard is not growth in full face. Please give me homeopathic prescription.
Hello .I'm 25 years old female. Around my right nipple I have a small bump. Something like pimple from last one year .also on the same nipple I have another bump.
I have very dark scratch nail marks on my face since childhood. It looks bad on my face. What should I do?
When I drink Achlchol my face and back get red and get many pimples for some 3 to 5 hrs and then it get normal what should I do to avoid this problem please tell me the solution not to avoid alcohol.Please tell.
My hair became thinning from 2 year Now im. Using a remedy like vitamin e capsule and castro oil. And coconut oil. Mic on my scalp. Is it help full or have any problems for using this? Or suggest me a good option for avoid this issue.
It is natural to get overwhelmed and bewildered while walking down the aisle containing a dizzying variety of hair brushes. Most get confused when it comes to choosing the right one. It is a fact that the right type of hair brush can help a lot in keeping up the natural texture of the hair as well as the look you are willing to achieve. Here is a brief guide that can help you get hold of the hair brush you had been longing for.
How important is the bristles type of the hair brush?
When it comes to the bristles of the hair brush, some are synthetic while some are natural or a combination of both these variants. The natural bristles are acquired from boars, and they can help in the cleaning of the scalp and the hair. They are easy and trouble free on the scalp and cause minimal breakage. Many people are of the opinion that the hair brush with natural bristles lasts longer than the synthetic ones.
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to natural brushes, then you can go for the synthetic ones made from nylon. This type of hair brushes functions by sliding through the fine hair. Hence, people with thick hair should put in considerable research properly before opting for synthetic bristles. Also, you must make sure that the bristles don’t melt under excessive heat.
What are the different types of hair brushes?
There are several types of hair brushes available and here are some of them:
- Vent brush: This type of brush is efficient for taming frizziness and detangling your hair. It is absolutely a must-have for short to medium length hair and can also be used as a tool for blow-drying. The vent brushes allow faster drying. They can also add volume to the hair.
- Round metal brush: A go-to brush for big bouncy hair, round metal brush, can be your best choice if you are looking to add volume while blow drying. There is an extensive range of shapes and sizes available, and you should choose one as per your needs and brush features. With the advent of newer technologies, you can also get a ceramic and ionic brush.
- Paddle brush: This one is also available in various shapes and sizes. You can go for the smaller ones that you may carry on the go while the large ones are best pieces to style at home. They are typically available in square or round shape, and they can smooth and detangle rough, frizzy hair effortlessly. If you have medium length fine hair, they can be a great aid while blow drying.
With this information, it will be easier for you to prioritize your needs and settle for the best hair brush within your budget. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
I have lot of tanning on my face and pigmentation how to get a clear and glowing face naturally at home.
I never used to keep oil on hair. I am losing my hair now. And dandruff is increasing. If I keep oil. My face becomes oily.
Lybrate | Dr. T K Banerjee speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY