Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Janak Janeja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Janak JanejaYour feedback matters!
Causes & symptoms of acidity
Acidity is the cause of surplus secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Our stomach secretes an acid, which is necessary for the digestive process. This acid, in turn, produces various digestive enzymes, like pepsin, which help in the breaking complex food particles into elements that can be easily digested by the body. When there secretion of acid is more than necessary, it results in the feeling of immense heartburn, along with a sensation of inflammation in the throat. This condition has been given the name of acidity. Its other symptoms include formation of ulcers and dyspepsia. Consumption of alcohol, highly spicy food and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaid's) also trigger acid formation and result in acidity. Nonetheless, it can be cured at home using various procedures. Read on to know about some home remedies for curing acidity.
Home remedies for acidity
If you are suffering from acidity, try to suck on a piece of clove. It will bring immediate relief. For people who are prone to acidity, intake of milk or other dairy products will prove to be helpful.
Regular consumption of fresh mint juice can also help you get rid of acidity.
Add two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons honey to a glass of water. Drink this concoction after meals, as it reduces the chances of acidity.
Boil cumin seeds in a glass of water. Let it cool down and supplement your meals with it.
Banana, cucumber and watermelon have been found to be helpful in treating acidity naturally.
If you are have acidity problem, avoid taking tea, coffee and other aerated drinks. Instead, go for herbal tea, containing spearmint (pudina) and liquorice (mulethi).
The simplest of all remedies is to have a glass of warm water every day, early in the morning. Water is believed to neutralize acidity.
Drink coconut water 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help bring relief from acidity.
If you are looking for an immediate relief, have a bowl of yoghurt. It is one of the most effective home remedies for acidity.
If you constantly suffer from acidity, suck on 10 grams jaggery everyday, after meals. It will help you avoid acid formation.
Have a glass of cabbage juice everyday, in order to avoid acid formation and the resultant acidity.
If you want instant relief from acidity, take a glass of water with a teaspoon of soda in it.
Irregularity in the menstrual cycle is one of the most common issues to be fixed since the hormones responsible for the menstrual cycle is affected by several factors and systems of the body. According to a report published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism in 2011, it came to the fore that frequent missing of periods over an extended period is a common problem affecting over 5 percent of women at any given time. But what’s more important is that most women suffer from irregular periods all through the reproductive span of their life.
LH (Luteinizing Hormone) and FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) produced by pituitary gland stimulate the ovaries to produce estrogen and progesterone and will cause the release of the egg. When there are fluctuations in LH, FSH, estrogen, and progesterone, the menstruation cycle gets irregular. For successful treatment of irregular periods, it is crucial to determine the cause. A few predominant causes of irregular periods are:
- High levels of stress: When you are stressed out for a long time, your body learns to save energy by stopping ovulation. If you experience a traumatic event or you undergo excessive day to day stress, it can suddenly cause the adrenals to work hard which can interrupt the production of estrogen, thyroid hormones, and other reproductive hormones. Restrictive eating and over-exercising can also lead to hypothalamic amenorrhea, a condition wherein the menstruation stops for several months altogether.
- Poor diet: If your daily diet lacks antioxidants, vitamins, protein, and minerals, then there could be an adverse effect on the thyroid levels and the adrenal glands. Fried and processed foods along with sugary items can raise the adrenal fatigue and cortisol which, in turn, hinders the functionality of other necessary hormones. If you are suffering from irregular periods, you should take foods rich in antioxidants, proteins, and antioxidants.
- Extreme loss of weight: When the body mass index or BMI reaches below 18, you will start missing your periods due to low body fat. Body fat is crucial for creating estrogen, and lack of this hormone also causes issues such as anorexia and bulimia. But it is important to note here that not all women suffering from irregular periods are underweight.
- Thyroid disorders: The fluctuations of thyroid hormones often cause an irregularity of periods. According to some experts, thyroid problems are one of the leading causes of irregular menstruation. Both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism can cause symptoms like alterations in cortisol and estrogen levels.
- Food allergies: If you are sensitive to gluten or have celiac disease which has remained undiagnosed, it can cast an impact on the hormone levels. As these conditions may cause nutrient deficiencies, it can affect the gut health and add stress to the adrenal glands. As a result, all these together disrupt the secretion of sex hormones and cause irregular menstruation.
Several treatments are available to treat the causes that would slowly bring back your menstruation cycle to normal.
I am 25 year old married man my wife is pregnant for last four month should I sex with her or not? Please advise.
I'm 5th month pregnant. Now I'm suffering from too much elergy at vaginal area. Tell me solution and reason.
I am 23 years female with poly ovarian cyst n irregular periods. Trying for pregnancy past 2 years but no result. Its very stressful. N my husband is healthy. Can anyone suggest me any Home remedy or any Ayurveda medicine. Please suggested thank you in advance.
Hii I am 28 week pregnant .i am feeling fever, cold,dryness of throat, sneezing. Today is my 3 rd day of flu. I show it to my doctor, she give me injection n medicine. Still I feel temperature of 98.6 to 99. I feel tension is it affect to my baby, pls guide me soon Thank you.
Menstruation is a physically painful affair for many women. Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. In some cases, this situation can continue for the whole week, making it difficult to get any work done. This pain is also known as dysmenorrhea.
Most common cause of primary dysmenorrhoea in about 50% of females is the hard contractions of uterine muscles to dislodge the endometrium at secretory phase of the cycle. The secondary dysmenorrhoea may be due to fibroids, endometriosis, infections, ovarian cyst or adenomyosis etc.
Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
- Pulsatilla: Made from windflower, this is one of the oldest forms of homeopathic medication. Pulsatilla is suited to sensitive women and can be used to treat both irregular and painful menses. It also helps deal with over sensitivity and mood changes. Pulsatilla is most useful when taken between periods.
- Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
- Magnesium phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with Magnesium Phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
- Nux vomica: Nux Vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux Vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
- Cimicifuga: Cimicifuga is very effective when it comes to treating painful muscular cramps. Women who need cimicifuga will find that as the flow increases, so do the cramps. These women also suffer from headaches, severe abdominal pain and shooting pains in the thighs. Along with pain, it also helps treat nervousness that may be a result of the menstrual discomfort.
- Chamomilla: Every woman deals with her pain in a different way. For some women, passive movement like driving a car can help alleviate pain. In such cases, the use of chamomilla can be very beneficial. It also helps with clotted bleeding and bleeding between periods.
Management of Dysmenorrhoea:
- Try to remain as active as you can.
- Hot water bottle fomentation can be done.
- Avoid excessive salt and fluids during those days.
- It is seen that eating an apple in those days helps to combat dysmenorrhoea.
Homeopathy has a promising role to play in treating dysmenorrhea. The medicines are known to reduce the severity of the pain as well as to treat the cause. Every patient with dysmenorrhea, experience different individual symptoms, which are carefully assessed while selecting the right set of medicines.
In order to prescribe the homeopathic remedies, the doctor has to take the detailed history of the patient and also keep in mind the primary or secondary causes as the case may be. Thus constitutionally and symptomatically selected homeopathic medicines will help the patient to get relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Spirometry is a common medical test that is conducted in order to detect whether your lungs are working properly. This is done by detecting the amount of air you can inhale and exhale along with the time taken to complete both of these procedures. Spirometry is useful to diagnose any underlying medical condition like asthma, Chronic Obtrusive Pulmonary Disease, persistent coughing or problem during breathing. If you are receiving treatment for chronic lung disorder, spirometry is also useful to check whether or not your lungs are responding to the specific kind of treatment.
Procedure: The process of spirometry involves the use a mouthpiece and a tube adjoined with a machine which displays the recorded results. Before the onset of the procedure, which generally takes place in a hospital, you will be prescribed by the doctor to wear comfortable clothing which will not restrict your normal breathing process and will be asked to have a light meal before the procedure. The procedure will be conducted while you are sitting.
Spirometry takes an estimated amount of 15 minutes to get over with. The nurse will put a clip on your nose in order to close your nostrils. After that, you have to take a deep breath and then breathe out as hard as possible on the tube for a few seconds. You have to make sure that there's no air leakage during this procedure by putting your lips tightly over the tube. In order to arrive at a stable result, you have to conduct the test three times at least. If the results are hugely diverse, then you have to take the test again. The highest result among the three tests is usually denoted as the ultimate test result.
Risks: Spirometry is generally a low-risk inducing procedure. But in some cases, it might cause loss of breath, moments after the procedure. Also, spirometry should not be conducted if the patient has recently had a heart attack or surgery of the eye, abdomen or chest. If you are suffering from vomiting tendencies and you have regular instances of blood in your cough, you should also avoid spirometry.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!