Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jamil Ahmad
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jamil AhmadYour feedback matters!
I have very intense dust allergic problem, even by cleaning my book shelf I got cold and running nose, could you suggest any remedial measure?
I have suffering high fever what should I do? I also take some paracetamol medicine but fever will not stop.
I want to know burning sensation in urine. What is the cause of this. And I want to increase my sperm count. Which medicine is best for this. My age is 20. Thanks.
Skin allergies causing dermatitis are very common and can be caused by allergic reactions to food substances like peanuts or eggs. However, it is more common when there is physical contact with some allergens, for example, nickel (used in belts and artificial jewellery; rubber in watch straps or wristbands). The person would usually develop an itch and rash, which could be localised or generalised.
Ayurveda believes in a two fold management of allergic dermatitis. While the first one is aimed at improved skin care routine, the second one is aimed at using natural remedies for managing dermatitis (rash and eczema).
- Avoid soap or use a mild soap, as it removes the acidic layers of the skin, which are essential for preventing infections.
- Use cold plain water in summer or take a warm bath during the winter season.
- Use a smooth, soft towel, and avoid rubbing.
- For dry skin, apply oil on your skin for an hour before taking bath. Alternately, add olive oil or neem oil to your bath water.
- Do not take frequent, long, or hot baths.
- Avoid stepping out during extreme weather.
- Keep away from blankets and woollens.
- Ensure your diet does not contain usual allergy-producing stuff like peanuts, eggs, milk, cheese, fish, etc.
- Avoid artificial jewellery, rubber footwear, fur, and synthetic fabrics which can increase the rash and eczema.
- Overall, get enough physical and mental rest, avoid taking the stress, and sleep well and eat well.
- Avoid scratching the affected skin.
- Preferably wear cotton and avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes.
In addition to the above overall skin care measures, the affected area needs to be given additional care and treatment to relieve the symptoms.
- With its soothing properties, honey is proven to be very effective in treating many skin conditions. It can be diluted with water and applied on the affected area.
- This provides relief from the itching, which is very common with blisters. This is especially useful in the area under the eyes.
- Crushing a cup of oatmeal and adding it to the bath water helps in cleansing the skin and removes the dead skin. It also provides relief against irritation, soothes the skin, and provides relief from the itching.
- The juice of the tender leaves of tephrossia purpurea (sarapunkha) and terminal catapa (jangali badam) can be applied to the affected skin, which provides great relief. Twice a day, after meals, tries panchanimbaadi choornam.
- A paste of sesame oil, juice of arka and turmeric can be applied on the affected part.
- Mix two teaspoonful of pancha tikta ghrita guggul in warm milk and have it on an empty stomach. This mixture is an effective remedy for eczema.
- Kadirarista mixed with water in equal proportions can be consumed twice daily after meals.
- The next time you are faced with allergic skin reactions, try these measures and see the benefits for yourself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.