Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments
Call Doctor
Book Appointment
Dr. Jaisom Chopra  - Vascular Surgeon, Delhi

Dr. Jaisom Chopra

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, FRCS - General Surgery (Vascular)

Vascular Surgeon, Delhi

41 Years Experience  ·  550 at clinic
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Dr. Jaisom Chopra MBBS, MS - General Surgery, FRCS - General Surgery (Vascu... Vascular Surgeon, Delhi
41 Years Experience  ·  550 at clinic
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care....more
I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care.
More about Dr. Jaisom Chopra
Dr. Jaisom Chopra is a renowned Vascular Surgeon in Karol Bagh, Delhi. He has helped numerous patients in his 41 years of experience as a Vascular Surgeon. He has completed MBBS, MS - General Surgery, FRCS - General Surgery (Vascular) . You can meet Dr. Jaisom Chopra personally at Apollo Spectra Hospital - Karol Bagh in Karol Bagh, Delhi. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Jaisom Chopra on

Find numerous Vascular Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Vascular Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on We will help you find the best Vascular Surgeons online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh - 1977
MS - General Surgery - Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh - 1981
FRCS - General Surgery (Vascular) - Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSE), U.K - 1985
Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaisom Chopra

Apollo Spectra Hospital - Karol Bagh

No.66A/2, New Rohtak Road, Block-23 B, Block-2/C, Karol BaghDelhi Get Directions
  4.3  (900 ratings)
550 at clinic
View All

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Jaisom Chopra

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Hello doctor I want know the vain and capillary in legs and how it clots because my father suffering by this problem and he doesn't know the what is thi but he thought ki this is soraysis and I don't think that so, because the right leg is daily swell in night much bigger than normal swelling and he doing one operation but this is not successful and pain and skin and swelling is as it is. And when medicine is continued then it's ok but if only 3 to 4 days gap is so more swell the leg. I want to see the both legs comparison and the vain means the what happens actually in legs vain. Please doctor told me the test or treatment for this problem.

Physiotherapist, Delhi
1. He must be suffering from varicose veins 2. Wear tailor made compression stockings 3. Use pillow under legs while sleeping 4. Start with the Physiotherapy treatment 5. Learn exercise from Physiotherapist 6. Do hot fermentation twice a day 7. Apply volini cream before sleeping 8. Take calcium vitamin D 3 and Methylcobalmine supplement for one month minimum 9. Also take Omega 3 supplement for one month minimum.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have varicose veins in both of my legs. My weight is 57 kg & height is 4.11.i also have regular pain in my back & legs. Pl suggest something about my pain & also about how to cure varicose veins.

Ayurveda, Bangalore
I have varicose veins in both of my legs. My weight is 57 kg & height is 4.11.i also have regular pain in my back & l...
Hi, please follow these tips: - wear varicose veins stockings while moving about to prevent further dilatation of the veins. - go for color doppler study of the affected limb to know the severity of the disease. - do not stand and work for long hours - consult a vascular surgeon and get yourself examined thoroughly. - perform leg raising exercises regularly. - keep your foot end elevated while sleeping.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have varicose veins problem from past 13 years. I used to wear stockings regularly. But my legs pains a lot. I can't sit on the floor. There is a swelling in my legs. Want to ask for the exercise and what type of medicines I should take.

Homeopath, Murshidabad
Dear lybrate user, try biochemic calcarea fluoricum 6x tablets to get rid of your problem. Take 4 tablets, thrice daily, with a cup of lukewarm water.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 26 years of age male, and I used to masturbate regularly suffering from varicose veins to left leg only since last 5 years, the veins are bulging day by day and using the stockings and couldn't see the any kind of improvement and can you please tell me how can I cure it.

General Physician, Nashik
Earlier stages of varicose veins are treated by wearing stockings, sleeping with legs elevated and sclerotherapy (injection of sclerosing agents in the veins ). Advanced stages are treated by destruction of defective valves in the veins or surgical removal of veins. In cases where there are no symptoms except bad cosmetic experience, no treatment is offered. You must get yourself evaluated by getting a Doppler ultrasound of veins done which would reveal the exact status of your veins.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Varicose Veins

Homeopath, Chandigarh
For Varicose Veins-
Try horse chest nut, an herbal extract that's been shown in studies to strengthen veins and reduce swelling. This is also available in topical creams.
2 people found this helpful

I'm 30 yes old male suffering from disease called deep vein thrombosis what is remedy.

MBBS, MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Hyderabad
If you have been diagnosed to have dvt (deep venous thrombosis), you need to be treated actively by a surgeon or physician, you should be taking anticoagulants regularly for life time or until the condition settles. You should tell your treating doctor as to the nature of work you are doing so that doctor may advice you accordingly, meanwhile take plenty of oral fluids. As this is a serious condition immediate consultation is mandatory.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What can I do to overcome the problems caused from my Varicose Veins and venous stasis in lower legs, mainly the ankles and around it (pressure areas)?

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB (Vascular & Endovascular Surgery)
Vascular Surgeon, Delhi
Keep your limb elevated while lying down on bed. Wrap a Crepe bandage starting from foot up to knee region. If problem does not resolve, get a Venous Doppler test and consult with a Vascular Surgeon.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Atherosclerosis- Know More About It

Cardiologist, Guwahati
Atherosclerosis- Know More About It

Deadlines to meet, personal commitments to attend, quick and unhealthy bites on the go, and hardly any time for your health. All these results in many lifestyle conditions, heart problems being predominant among them. Thousands of people in the India suffer a heart attack in a year. Don’t you think knowing the reasons behind heart problems is important to avoid suffering from one? Read on to know about Atherosclerosis, a condition that eventually leads to a block in an artery.

What is Atherosclerosis?
When the arteries start narrowing as a result of the plaque buildup, it is known as Atherosclerosis. It is also referred to as arteriosclerosis, which means that the arteries become very hard.

The blood vessels that are responsible for carrying oxygen and the necessary nutrients from the heart to the entire body are the arteries. As you grow older, the cholesterol and the fat starts getting deposited in the arteries, which lead to the formation of plaque.

Arteries are lined by the cell layer which is known as the endothelium. Atherosclerosis starts to develop when there is damage caused to the endothelium. This leads to the lipoproteins of low density getting accumulated in the wall of the artery. These lipoproteins are known as atheroma.

The pieces of the plaque may break off, and the flow of blood through the arteries is restricted due to the blood clot. Atherosclerosis may cause stroke, heart attacks, heart failure, and peripheral vascular disease if it is not treated properly. This disease can occur in any artery that is located in any of the body parts, which include the kidneys, the legs, or the heart.

What exactly happens?
Atherosclerosis starts when the arteries located in part of a person’s body become hard and narrow due to the buildup of excess fat in the artery walls. These damages lead to the development of plaque. The plaque starts creating a bump on the wall of the artery.

As the disease starts to progress, the bump starts to get bigger. This leads to a blockage. This process goes on throughout the patient’s body, placing his heart at a great risk. This may also lead to stroke or other serious health problems.

Once the disease starts progressing, it may lead to the rupture of the plaque lining. This causes the LDL cholesterol and the other unwanted substances to spill out in the blood stream. This leads to the blood clot, and the blood clot, in turn, may travel to any other body part, blocking the flow of blood to the nearest organ. The plaque can either stay in the wall of the artery, or it may start growing in the path of the flow of blood.

Prevalent causes-
This disease progresses very slowly, and it may start developing in a person from his/her childhood. In adults, atherosclerosis is generally caused due to a high blood pressure, smoking, resistance to insulin, diabetes, obesity, or inflammation due to other diseases or lupus.

Maintaining a proper diet and exercising regularly can help to keep atherosclerosis in check.

1833 people found this helpful

Good morning doctor, I am , age 47 & three months, worked in industrial waste water treatment plant , i was affected lungs t. B. Fro 1994-1996, att treament jipmer medical college, affected by psoriyasis from 1993 still not cured, take medicine allopathy, ayurvedic, siddha, homeopathy in various occassions but not cured, vericose veins in both legs has bundle of vein, lasik r/f ablation surgerry in 2013, next surgery foam schlerotheraphy in 2014 but has itch full of body by psoriasis especially in both legs & head, please tell me real correct treatment advice is it curable or not. Which food advice I will take 22 yrs problem, I am unmarried, by this problem I postponed my marriage dession, give me correct solution

M B B S, M. D (Internal Medicine)
General Physician, Nellore
You have mixed up all systems of medicine. It is like asking someone who knows how to ride a bicycle to run an airplane, drive a train, drive a bus and captain a ship all together at once. Every system of medicine has its own rationale and checks and balances. When you go across the systems, there is no way for anyone to tell which medicine is working and which is not and which is interfering with another medicine which might be working. My suggestion is go to a dermatologist, stick to one system and follow up with the same doctor instead of doctor shopping. Now, costly but experimental monoclonal antibodies are available as medicines if you can afford them.
2 people found this helpful
View All Feed