Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I am told that I am having leukoplakia under the right hand side of my tongue and for the last 2 years 6 months and ulcer is observed near the white patch which has increased a little. I am a smoker. So I like to know that is it cancer and will it be cured automatically if I can quit smoking?
My wife is pregnant 6 months she got a wisdom teeth can it be removed or by taking medicine the pain will cure.
I am suffering from dry mouth and bitterness and not interested to take dinner since a fortnight. Please advise me for cure.
Last week I had sex with my girlfriend without safety (condom) and suddenly Tiny paper cut on outer part of foreskin (thought be herpes but I haven't got any infection on my mouth or lips as it happens with herpes, no tingling, itchiness on the cut as well) the cut has healed 80-90%. What it could be?
Why teeth crowding in anterior position? And how we can take care of oral cavity? What are the steps to prepare complete denture?
I have pain in my teeth. At the last one. Because there is a new teeth coming at the corner called jaadh. So will you please tell me what tablet do I take. For relaxing it.
My teeth is hurting me what to do to stop the pain please help I have afraid to go to doc. Thank You.
Hi, I am 29 years old. I have mouth smell problem while talking. There is some small cavity in my upper inner teeth. I do regularly brush with Colgate total.
If you have diabetes, make sure you take care of your mouth. People with diabetes are at risk for mouth infections, especially periodontal (gum) disease. Periodontal disease can damage the gum and bone that hold your teeth in place and may lead to painful chewing problems.
The good news is you can keep your teeth and gums healthy. By controlling your blood glucose, brushing and flossing every day, and visiting a dentist regularly, you can help prevent serious problems in your mouth
Hi I had a severe tooth ache, if I am eating or drinking water and if it touch near the jaw, its terribly paining
Due to the consumption of tobacco my lower frontal teeth have gaps after scaling from doctors. The teeth have stains also. I consulted recently with a dentist and she advised scaling and then orthodontics treatment to close the gaps. But due to the fear of more gaps I can't do scaling. Is there any other way out to brighten the teeth and close the gaps?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"