Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jain SharmaYour feedback matters!
Summer is a time when we like to step out in style. And, style does not merely mean getting the latest pieces from the runway for your wardrobe. It also means having a well groomed appearance that is free of any signs of neglect. The skin is the first area that draws the attention of people and should be maintained well, especially during harsh summer months, which are also filled with holidays and outings with near and dear ones. One way of taking care of your skin is with laser resurfacing. Let us find out more.
- Definition: Laser resurfacing uses beams of lasers to reduce the appearance of fine lines on the facial skin. It is also a good method for treating skin irregularities that may come about due to the process of aging or the ravages of too much sun exposure as well as stressful lifestyles where late hours have become the norm. With the technique used in this process, pulsating beams of light are trained on the irregular portions of the facial skin so as to remove the skin, one layer at a time. This method is also known as lasabrasion or laser peeling.
- Candidates: To find out if you are a good candidate for this kind of a procedure, you will need to take a good hard look at yourself. If you notice the advent of fine lines and wrinkles that are marring your features and making your skin look uneven even as the sagging is beginning to show up in some parts, then you may want to consider this treatment. You can also have a check up done at a dermatologist's office to ensure that you are a good candidate for this treatment. If you have acne or very dark hued skin, then you cannot qualify for this treatment. Also, this procedure cannot fix stretch marks.
- Types of Lasers: There are two kinds of lasers that are used in this treatment. The first is carbon dioxide or CO2 lasers and the second is Erbium lasers. While CO2 lasers can deal with wrinkles, warts, and scars with short pulsed light concentrations, Erbium laser resurfacing can remove the surface level and deeper lines and wrinkles with minimal burning as far as the surrounding tissue goes. This is a good method in case you have darker skin and the side effects are very mild. The side effects of the Erbium laser resurfacing method consist of swelling and bruising while the recovery time is about two to three weeks.
So get ready to shine with sparkling skin that is not marred with any lines and scars, this Summer!
My left hand middle finger skin is attacked by fungal infection skin is leaving from body everyday skin is leaving please cure me.
Skin is the body's most expansive organ, but a few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality. For example, should you splurge on an expensive moisturizer or not? Here's the truth behind three common beauty myths.
- You need sunscreen only when you're outdoors on a sunny day: Sunscreen should be applied everyday whether you're indoors or outdoors. It is a misconception that we are safe from the sun's UV rays when we're indoors. However, UV rays are of two types. While the UVB rays that causes sunburn are blocked by walls, we are still vulnerable to the UVA rays indoors. UVA rays are responsible for skin ageing and skin cancer. Similarly, on cloudy days, we are safe from UVB rays but still need protection from UVA rays. Ideally, your sunscreen should have a minimum SPF of 20-30. If you don't like applying makeup over sunscreen, pick makeup products that are enriched with SPF. You need to moisturize and tone your skin everyday.
- No two people have the same skin requirements: While it may work for a person with dry skin to moisturize their skin every day, this may be detrimental for someone with oily skin. If you have oily skin, look for a lotion instead of creams, but if your skin is dry, you definitely need a cream based moisturizer. Similarly, a toner is great for oily skin but can disturb the PH balance of dry skin. Also take a look at the climate before you moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your face regularly in a humid area can lead to breakouts, while using a toner in dry weather can make the skin rough.
- Makeup causes acne: Makeup aficionados can breathe a sigh of relief; wearing makeup for extended durations does not lead to acne. The way you use your makeup and the type of product you use are the villains here. Contrary to popular belief, foundation is designed not to be absorbed into skin pores but to form a layer over the skin. Using expired products is also one of the main causes of acne. The other reason makeup is thought to trigger acne is because, if you go to sleep with makeup on, you may wake up with a breakout. This is because not washing your face, clogs your skin pores with the day's grime and dirt.