Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jai Shankar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jai ShankarYour feedback matters!
The first step is to attempt to relieve any underlying performance pressure on the male. If premature ejaculation occurs when intercourse is attempted, the couple should be instructed not to attempt intercourse until the ejaculatory problem is treated. In the meantime, the male may use manual stimulation, oral sex, or other means to satisfy the female partner.
If the male always experiences ejaculation with initial sexual excitement or early foreplay, this is a serious problem and probably indicates lifelong premature ejaculation (the history should reveal this). Such cases will most likely call for treatment in conjunction with a mental health care professional. These more difficult cases should be screened out.
Next, the couple should be instructed in sex therapy techniques, such as the stop-start or squeeze-pause technique popularized by Masters and Johnson.
In this technique, the female partner slowly begins stimulation of the male but stops as soon as he senses a feeling of excessive excitement that may lead to ejaculatory inevitability. She then administers firm compression to the penis just behind the glans, pressing mainly on the underside. This compression should be uncomfortable but not painful. Once the male has the feeling that ejaculation is no longer imminent, the female resumes stimulation.
The process should be repeated and practiced at least 10 or more times. Over time, most males find that this technique helps decrease the impending inevitable need to ejaculate.
After practicing this technique for a while, the couple can move to another phase of the process. In this phase, the partners sit facing each other, with the woman’s legs crossing on top of the male’s legs. She stimulates him by manipulating his penis first close to and then with friction against her vulval area. Each time he senses excessive excitement, she applies the squeeze and stops all stimulation until he calms down enough for the process to be repeated.
Finally, coitus may be attempted, with the female partner in the superior position so that she may withdraw immediately and again apply a squeeze to remove the male partner’s urge to climax.
Most couples find this technique to be highly successful. It can also help the female partner to be more aroused and can shorten her time to climax because it constitutes a form of extended foreplay in many cases.
Hi my wife gave a birth to baby on 20 days back only its a normal delivery. My question is when can we start the sex after the delivery.
Newly married trying to conceive from 4 months . My penis is only 4 inch when erect can my wife get pregnant ?
Dear Doctor. My sister is pregnant and carrying 7th month. She has been suffering from breathing problem since 5th month. Only she feels relief when inhale huge amount of air. She is not able not to breath normally and she can't stand for long time. Actually she is carrying second baby. She didn't feel these kind of difficulties on her first 1st baby. What are the causes for these difficulties doctor and how to get rid of it. Pls help her.
Hi, I'm 26 years old. I want to be pregnant. But there are some issues. I don't know which. but my test reports are fine and my husband reports are also fine.
My cousin is having PCOS and irregular periods she has been trying to conceive for 2 years. From last january, she is having induced periods. Last month doctor gave her tab siphene 50 mg for 5 days from 2 nd day of periods along with metformin 500. She told that she had all symptoms of ovulation like sore breast and clear cervical mucus and she got her periods naturally. This month she didn't take tab siphene and she told that she don't think she ovulated. Her last periods was on june 27. This month she is going to take cap susten without waiting for 10 days and without taking a pregnancy test. Is it safe to take cap susten if she is pregnant?
The word weight loss brings an image of starving, eating just enough to survive, and reduce weight. However, that is not the case always. There are some foods that can actually help burn fat, the more you eat of these on a regular basis, the lesser the chances of you growing fat. The good old coconut, which has formed a regular part of our diet for ages is one such wonderful item. Listed below are some benefits that show how coconut helps in weight loss.
- Good Fiber: Foods usually contain two types of fibers soluble and insoluble. The soluble usually contains sugar and starch. These are digested to provide calories. The non-soluble on the other hand is not digested and only provides roughage. Coconut contains an astounding 61% of non-soluble fiber, which is completely devoid of calories and therefore, no contribution whatsoever to weight loss.
- Instant Energy Source: For athletes and sports people, coconut provides an instant source of energy with lesser number of calories. This energy can help them curb hunger for prolonged period of time. People who eat coconut regularly can go without food for longer hours without experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Lowered Glycemic Index: The glycemic index is an indication of how fast sugar is released into the bloodstream, leading to higher sugar level. Sugar has a glycemic index of about 80 and coconut is about 35. Therefore, it reduces the pace at which sugar is released into the body and does not promote formation of fat. Coconut is also easy on the pancreas, not pushing it to pump insulin into the system.
- Reduced appetite: By improving insulin secretion and promoting blood glucose usage, the cravings to have something sweet to boost energy is reduced. The super nutritious coconut is digested to right away produce energy and consume it, thereby improving endurance.
- Good fat source: The coconut is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids which are good for health. Unlike the long chain fatty acids, which contribute to weight gain, the medium ones are good for heart and do not add to weight in a big way.
- Easy on the stomach: Coconut also improves digestion in general and improves absorption of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) from other food substances, thereby improving overall nutrition. The good fiber, good fat and good sugar all add to the immense benefits of coconut. Not just whole coconut, even coconut oil and coconut milk are being used more now.
Not just weight loss, coconut is also very healthy for the heart, skin, and hair. It has no trans-fat, no gluten, is nontoxic and hypoallergenic and boosts immunity. Eat coconut in any form and enjoy the various benefits.