Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jai ShankarYour feedback matters!
Today is 3rd day from missed period of my wife. We are trying for baby. She has back pain, white discharge and increased temperature up to 100.7.Can she take parcemotol to reduce temperature (fever)
I take i-pill first time in after sex and 5 day after bleeding occur and stop bleeding after started white discharge in vaginal 2-3 days am worried about this please help me what is it? Am pregnant or not .please tell me.
Reason for nausea or vomiting in pcos. My pregnancy report is negative. Is it necessary to visit doctor?
I have hormonal disorders so I take aldactone n decadrone and tell is it good to take it for long time.
I am 21 weeks pregnant. Ultrasound shows normal. My problem is I am not gaining weight even one kg. My doctor is not concerning about this problem. Is that ok to not gaining weight at this week? Please suggest me.
I undergone IUI this cycle. All mine and my husbands report are normal. Today is 7 days post ovulation. Am taking Gestofit 300 mg twice daily. Today having egg white discharge. Is it normal.
I am 26 year old and I have extreme fibroids and PCOD problems .y symptoms are very high and I am struggling to lead the daily life with these diseases .please tell me some solution or I should opt for surgical treatments ? If yes which treatment is the best and reliable ?
I am 20 and half years old F. I wanted to ask how safe is it to use emergency contraceptives like i-pill. Is it safe if taken at 4 month intervals? On scale of 1 to 10, how harmful can it be if taken in 4 month interval in average case?
Today, there is no disease that cannot be cured. Be it related to any part of the body, medications and doctors can come to your rescue immediately. Similarly, low sex drive is also curable. It is a medical condition, caused due to various factors and can be treated under the proper guidance of a doctor. The condition is known as Inhibited Sexual Desire (ISD). A person suffering from ISD exhibits only one symptom: low sexual desire. A person suffering from ISD refuses to engage in sexual activities with anyone. It has been observed that they neither start nor respond to anyone’s sexual move or overtures. It is a common problem faced by the new age couples in the metro cities.
ISD can be of two different types: primary and secondary. If the patient has never developed sexual desire in his or her lifetime, the condition is primary. The secondary condition occurs when a person began a relationship with the opposite sex partner with normal drive but later gave up the interest towards sexual activities.
Sometimes, patients also develop situational ISD due to stress ad strains in a relationship. The patient may have sexual desire towards others and be disinterested with his or her partner. Whatever may be the condition, medical guidance by a trained and experienced doctor is a must. Here’s how your doctor can help you in gaining back your interest in sexual activities:
1. Counseling: A doctor can treat ISD by counseling. It has been found that many couples first need marriage counselling to improve their relationship first. The training will help couples in learning how to express their love and affection towards each other and respect each other’s emotions and feelings. The couples should also know how to vent their anger and resolve problems and differences in their conjugal life. The sexual counselling helps couple to learn how to carry out their sexual activities in an interesting manner. The doctor then may prescribe you (in case of males) some drugs to activate your sex life.
2. Hormone Therapy: A woman’s sex drive depends on the influence of sex hormones, especially estrogen. Doctor may give small doses of estrogen to the woman patient by prescribing vaginal cream or any skin patch to increase blood flow to her private part, increasing its sensitivity.
3. Lifestyle Changes: A doctor can help you by advising certain lifestyle changes that are adversely impacting your sex life. The doctor is able to find out the activities or events in your daily life—by interacting with you—that are responsible for sexual aversion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I'm pregnant and I'm awaiting my 45th day scan. I feel pain in my left side of the lower abdomen. Please advise.
Nuts were rediculed till a few years back by the diet-conscious population because they are high in fats. However, now they are being embraced by the very same people because of their heart healthy, anti diabetes and weight loss properties.
Recent research has transformed mindsets. Extensive studies published in reputed journals prove that nuts not only promote heart health and fight diabetes, but they also aid in weight-loss. Nuts are nutritional nuggets containing phytochemicals and unsaturated fats, which are a type of fat that promotes heart-health. They also contain high levels of Vitamin E, folic acid, magnesium, copper and antioxidants.
Promoters of weight loss
Nuts are some of the most filling food items available in your kitchen cabinets. The high fibre and protein in nuts makes you feel full faster. This means you will never binge eat on nuts, you will not reach for the pizza in the fridge and therefore, not pile on the kilos. Because of this, nuts are a dieter’s dream.
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition says that dieters stick with their diet plan longer if nuts are included in it. In fact they don’t feel they are on a diet, if they’re allowed to eat nuts while dieting. Other prestigious studies suggest that women who eat nuts tend to be slimmer than women who don’t. Nuts like peanuts can increase your metabolic rate. So you burn up more calories and lose weight.
Nuts also stabilize your blood sugar as they are low glycemic index foods. This means they are digested more slowly and release sugar gradually into the bloodstream, as compared to food items such as rice that is a high glycemic index food. Low glycemic index food products also provide long-term energy and decrease cravings.
Nuts contain calories, but these calories come along with awesome health benefits. Since, one ounce of nuts contains 160- 200 calories, it’s important to remember not to binge on other fatty foods like ghee along with nuts. Balance is important while having these nutrient-dense foods. If you don’t do this, you will end up putting on weight instead of losing it.
Apart from portion control, nutritionists suggest that you do the following:
- Eat nuts along with other food items, like mix and match nuts with fruits, sprinkle nuts on soups, cheese or breads and eat them with salads.
- Eat small portions and avoid eating handful of nuts at a go.
- The nuts that are really good are walnuts, almonds, Macadamia nuts, pecans and cashews. So try to include more of these. Also, if you are allergic to peanuts, stay away from them.
- Avoid sweet or flavoured varieties of nuts. These contain extra doses of salt and sugar and can end up making you fat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My wife is having white discharge problem from 2 years. I have taken her to many doctors but non work. Can anyone suggest me anything.
Hi doctor Me and my wife want to enjoy sex without condom. But she dosent want to get pregnant. Suggest us. And tell me briefly plz.
Being fit is a matter of striking the right balance between one’s diet as well as exercise. There are many kinds of problems that we all face when we do not strike a balance between the two. A flat stomach is a sought after feature in one’s figure. One usually ends up losing a flat stomach when you have weight gain due to pregnancy and the onset of age.
Losing your virginity can be a big experience and can be exciting as well as nerve-wrecking at the same time. Its significance is different for everyone and there are no wrong or right ways to lose your virginity. Making your first time a memorable experience is easy if you know and remember these 4 things:
1. Relax - You might be conscious about your body or nervous about pain or pleasing your partner, but you need not be. It is natural to feel insecure and nervous, but communicating your reservations with your partner will clear the air between both of you, helping you level your expectations and relax. Your first time is about exploring each other's body and pleasuring each other as well as an understanding partner will help you relax and forget your insecurities.
2. It might hurt a bit - If you are a woman, intercourse for the first time might hurt a bit if your vagina is not well lubricated before you have sex. Also, you might feel some pain and/or bleed if your hymen tears, but it will not be excruciating pain. Worrying about the pain is a lot scarier than the actual pain. Some women may not experience any pain at all. However, you should make sure you are well lubricated. Foreplay is a great way to get ready for intercourse and if it is still painful you could use additional lubricants to minimize discomfort and pain.
3. Go slow - If you are a man, help your partner be comfortable by going slow in accordance to their wish. Going too fast may hurt your partner if they are not comfortable and make your first time a traumatic experience. Try to gauge your partner's reactions and proceed in a way pleasurable to both of you. Penetrating too soon might cause you to ejaculate too quickly before your partner has climaxed. Indulge in foreplay so that both of you are ready. If your partner ejaculates too fast or is unable to hold his erection, do not feel rejected or angry, support him and help him get aroused again, as it is just an effect of nervousness and excitement.
4. Use protection - There is no truth in the saying that you cannot get an STD on your first time. It is completely possible and the only way to prevent that is to use condoms or not have penetrative sex. Women can get pregnant during unprotected sex and unless you plan to become pregnant, panicking about being pregnant for days after your first time will ruin your first time and peace of mind. Use birth control and/or condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancy after your first time, and both your partner and you will be able to enjoy losing your virginity without any worries.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido
I have antiverted and antiflexed uterus. Size bulky. Endometrial-echo-complex is distortrd and illdefined and measured 4-5 mmin thinkness. Ahypoechoic mass with low level echoos, measuring approx. 36mmx31 mm is size inthe anteror wall of uterus. Overies (both) are normal size and echotexture. I am 64 years old women please Suggest what I should do.
Are you thinking of undergoing an ayurvedic panchakarma treatment for its various health benefits? in panchakarma treatment, five procedures are undertaken for eliminating the vitalized doshas from the body. The five procedures are nasyam (medicines injected through nose), vaman (medicated emesis) virechan (medicated purgation) anuvasan vasti (medicated oil enema) niruha vasti (medicated dexoction enema). Among these five types vasti is considered to be the primary panchakarma treatment and it refers to medicated enema (injecting medicines through anus). As the medicine reaches the bowels directly without any enzymatic actions, this therapy is very effective.
Types of vasti
Vasti is carried out along with other ayurvedic treatments in many cases. Vasti has a great healing capability and is considered to be the half treatment for many diseases. The treatment is primarily used for flushing out loosened doshas from the body via the intestinal tract. In ayurveda, there are several types of vasti or medicated enemas. Here is a list of the most common vastis in ayurveda along with their various benefits:
Uro vasti: urobasti is a herbal oil treatment therapy, which is used as a part of panchakarma therapy for the treatment of muscular chest pain, cardiac problems. Problems such as pain in the sternum, intense anxiety, chest pain and many others are cured by this form of vasti. It also helps in restoring normal skin elasticity.
Kati vasti: this is a type of vasti in which heat gets applied to a specific part of the back. It is done by retaining warm and medicated oils. A dam, made of herbal dough, gets built in the area which is affected in the back and oil is poured. The oil is left there, which rejuvenates the back muscles and ligaments by easing the pain, swelling and tension. This therapy helps in getting relief from acute and chronic back pain, lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, osteoporosis and a prolapsed disc. Sciatica pain is relieved and pain in intervertebral disc prolapsed is reduced as well. The nerves get stimulated, easing pain and numbness. This vasti is also prescribed for treating rheumatoid arthritis, lumbosacral strain and disc bulge.
Sneha vasti or oil enema: in sneha vasti, only medicated oils or ghrithams are used unlike in other vastis, where a combination of various ingredients with predominant decoctions are used.
Vasti treatment accounts for being the most effective ayurvedic panchakarma treatment. It helps in alleviating constipation, distention, chronic fever, sexual disorders, kidney stones, common cold, neck pain, cervical pain, migraine, backache, slipdisc, fibromyalgia. There are more than 80 disorders which are related to vata, many of which are treated with vasti therapy. These may include sciatica, rheumatism, arthritis and gout.