Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jai Shankar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jai ShankarYour feedback matters!
Tea is known for many beneficial properties that it contains. Whether it is black tea, green tea, white tea or any other kind of tea, there are numerous health, home and cosmetic benefits attached to tea. Tea bags once used do not necessarily need be thrown in the trash once they have been dunked and seeped into the boiling water and milk, if you are using any. There are a number of uses which one can derive easily from these tea bags so that one can get glowing skin and varied other health benefits. Read on to know more about the hidden benefits of these tea bags!
- Tea bags for your eyes: The number of antioxidants present in tea makes it ideal when it comes to banishing those under eye bags and dark circles. You could freeze these tea bags in the freezer after you use them and then press them onto your eyes for a few minutes the next day. This will help in visibly lightening the area and clearing the bags that may have formed under the eyes due to long hours spent working and other factors like stress.
- Tea bags for food flavouring: You can use these tea bags to flavor various dishes as well. That’s right this can be used as a robust condiment with pasta, grains and chicken. You can use these tea bags in the water which will be used to boil grains and pasta so that the flavor can get infused in these ingredients. You can use flavored tea bags like chamomile and cinnamon to make a difference to the dish that you are preparing.
- Tea bags in the garden: Whether you have a large garden, a small patch or a few pots that grow herbs and other smaller flowers and vegetables, you can easily use tea bags in the water that you use for watering these plants. This will help in preventing the onset of any kind of fungal infection as far as the plants go. You can also use these bags as ingredients for your comps bins so that you have natural fertilizer containing the rich goodness of tea as well.
- Tea bags to deal with odours: Tea bags can be placed in muslin bags and hung from various rods and placed in corners, to act as a deodourising agent. You can also place these tea bags inside the refrigerator so that you eliminate the various scents and odors that are not too pleasant.
- Tea bags for cleaning: You can also use these tea bags to clean your rugs and carpets. These can be frozen before they are opened and the dried tea leaves can be spread over the various stains before being brushed away. The stains will also lighten gradually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Exercising on a regular basis offers a number of benefits, it not just keeps you fit, but also helps you in leading a stress free life. Exercise not only helps you tone up and slim down, it can also make your sex life so much wild. Try any of the moves during your next workout for a more intense orgasm. If toning, losing body fat, keeping fit and maintaining good self-esteem are not good reasons enough, then add your sex life to the list of motivators for doing regular exercise.
- Flexibility Leads to More Options: Since the main areas of the body used for sex are the shoulders, hips and entire back, it makes complete sense to have a flexible body. If these areas are tight, sex will not be comfortable and one will be a little limited in the positions.
- Regular Physical Activity Can Lead to Enhanced Arousal: During exercise,endorphins are released, and the same release happens during sex. The more frequently one can trigger the endorphin release through sex or exercise, easier it is to be sexually aroused.
- Better Intercourse for Women in Forties: Latest statistics have shown that there is significant connection between observed between strenuous exercise and orgasm experiences for women in their forties. The strenuous exercise includes sprints and challenging weight training sessions.
- Reduce risk of Erectile Dysfunction: Men who were moderately active by having a brisk walk of half an hour a day for four days a week are about two-thirds less likely to have sexual dysfunction than their sedentary counterparts. So get up from the couch or desk and get active.
- Strengthens the Cardiovascular System: Aerobic exercise increases circulation, can reduce stress, reinvigorates the body, and can fill us with renewed energy for the bedroom. It improves blood circulation which leaves one more primed for sexual activity.
Specific type of exercises can improve one's strength, flexibility and stamina in bed. Kegel or Pelvic floor exercises are done to strengthen the muscle, which contracts during orgasm. Women who strengthen the pelvic area by doing pelvic floor exercises report more consistent orgasms and for men it can lead to stronger and more long-lasting erections. A couple of good exercises like abdominal crunches and alternate arm leg raises strengthen abdomen, pelvis, middle and lower back. Alternate raising of arm and leg raise after bending on all fours facing down with knees bent are good for your abdomen and shoulders. Any sexual position where you have to support yourself using your arms requires strength in your upper body. Key exercises to help strengthen are push ups, which work the chest and triceps, or using free weights to do various upper body sets, such as biceps curls, triceps push backs, and shoulder press.
Keeping fit and healthy improves one's confidence, sexiness, desire, and the performance in the bedroom is great. Wanting to have sex and being able to satisfy one's partner then leads to other benefits, such as positive emotional connection,higher self-esteem and therefore relationship well-being.
Hello, mujhe already 2,3 days se kavi kavi period ka pain ho raha ha but bleeding nahi ho rahi ha me chhti hun kal tak me bleeding start ho jaye kon si medicine lu.
Hello doctor. I am unmarried. My LMP was dec 31st 2014. I have 35 days cycle. I had intercourse on january 23rd 2015.So for safety i took mifepristone 200 mg(advised in pharmacy & friends). Till now i have not got my periods. Its almost 2 months now. But my UpT test done on march 3rd 2015 is negative.I am very anxious and stressed. Please tell me what should i do ?
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated.
Some of the most common reasons of menstrual disorders are as follows:
1. Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
2. Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, vitamin E supplements etc.
3. Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
4. Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
5. Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife facing menstrual problem since past 3 years we were treating her with several doctor but negative result please advise how to stop her heavy flow.
I had 8 miscariages in a row.Every time 5.5weeks done.Iam very frustrating now and i hate my self.After 6years old marriage ihave no baby.Plz tell me can i become mom or not.Plz tell me i am middle class family,i can't afford expensive treatment.
Hello doctor I had protected intercourse on 25th of march nd I took unwanted 72 within 48 hours. But until now no withdrawal bleeding happened. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Vitamin and trace element deficiencies
Fat soluble vitamins
Vitamin a (retinol)
• Found in dairy produce, eggs, fish oils, and liver.
• Deficiency causes night blindness, xerophthalmia, keratomalacia (corneal thickening) and follicular hyperkeratosis.
Vitamin d (cholecalciferol)
• Found in fish liver oils, dairy produce, and undergoes metabolism at the kidneys and the skin using uv light.
Vitamin e (alpha-tocopherol)
• Widely distributed, green vegetables, and vegetable oils.
• Deficiency causes hemolytic anemia (premature infants) and gross ataxia.
Vitamin k (k 1 = phylloquinine k 2 = menaquinone)
• Widely distributed but particularly in green vegetables. Synthesized by intestinal bacteria.
• Deficiency causes coagulation defects seen as easy bruising and hemorrhage.
Water soluble vitamins
Vitamin b 1 (thiamine)
• Found in cereals, peas, beans, yeast, and whole-wheat fl our. It is an essential factor in carbohydrate metabolism and transketolation reactions.
Vitamin b 2 (ribofl avin)
• Found in whole-wheat flour, meat, fish, and dairy produce. It is a coenzyme in reversible electron carriage in oxidation–reduction reactions.
• Deficiency gives angular stomatitis (fissuring and inflammation at the corners of the mouth), inflamed oral mucous membranes, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and peripheral neuropatmhy. Drugs (e. G, isoniazid, hydralazine, penicillamine) and is also seen in alcoholism and pregnancy.
Vitamin b 12 (cyanocobalamin)
• Causes of a deficiency are numerous and include partial or total gastrectomy, crohn’s disease, ileal resection, jejunal diverticulae, blind loop syndrome, and tapeworm.
Vitamin b 9 (folic acid)
• Deficiency can be caused by poor diet, malabsorption states, coeliac disease, crohn’s disease, gastrectomy, drugs (e. G, methotrexate, phenytoin), excessive utilization (E.G, leukemia, malignancy, inflammatory disease).
• Consequences of deficiency include megaloblastic anemia, and glossitis.
Vitamin c (ascorbic acid)
• Deficiency results in hypochromic and microcytic anemia, wilson’s disease, impaired bone mineralization, menks’ kinky hair syndrome (growth failure, mental defi ciency, bone lesions, brittle hair, anemia).
• Usually caused by copper malabsorption.
Zinc deficiency causes achondromatosis enterpathica (infants develop growth retardation, hair loss, severe diarrhea, candida and bacterial infections), impaired wound healing, skin ulcers, alopecia, night blindness, confusion, apathy, and depression.
Vitamin b 3 (niacin)
• Found in fish, liver, nuts, and whole-wheat flour.
• Deficiency causes pellagra): dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia.
Vitamin b 6 (pyridoxine)
• Widespread distribution, also synthesized from tryptophan.
• Deficiency causes peripheral neuropathy, convulsions, and sideroblastic anemia. Deficiency may be provoked by a number of commonly used.