Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jagmeet Kaur
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Jagmeet KaurYour feedback matters!
How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
I have been receiving radiating pain starting from brain to my teeth and nasal passages, I am a teacher by profession and would like to receive a valid consultation.
Please suggest for neurosurgery patient (age 53). Diagnosis: left thalamic bleed with IVH; hydrocephalus?aspirations; Right hemiparesis; upper GI bleeding; Hypertension. Presently he lost a memory, but so many people told to me, slowly he will back the memory, please give me suggestions.
Doctor sir. is there any medicine for tremor of hand. My father right hand shakes more frequently now a days,
My father is suffering from Parkinson's disease from last 4 years is there any permanent cure for this disease his right hand and right leg shaking too much please guide me.
I am feeling numbness in right part of my body specially in right arm and leg. This happened two days before also on the same side and reached left hand too. please help, its kind of weird feeling, with a bit of sensation in both the palms.
A neurological disorder is characterized by sudden recurrent episodes of sensory disturbance, loss of consciousness, and convulsions associated with abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
- It helps improve strength, mobility, and increases the range of motion and sphere of movement.
- It helps improve sensory awareness, response, balance, and coordination.
- It helps to improve quality of movement and physical performance.
The Goals of Physiotherapy
- To develop strength enough to support one’s head upright
- To have balance and motor control to maintain their trunk at midline
- To use many different muscle groups
- To assist necessary motion in their trunk and extremities
- The physiotherapists write short-term goals for each of the items on the problem list that need to be covered to help the patient achieve the long-term goals
- To understand what the patient is good at and does well
- To focus on what he or she capable of doing rather than on what they can’t do
- To educate and provide awareness with a view to prevent injury. For example, advice on special swimming equipment to prevent drowning if he/she gets seizures in the pool
Physiotherapy treatment for a healed fracture consists of strengthening muscles that have got weak from being immobilized and stretching muscles that are stiff owing to being in the cast for a long period of time.
Physical exercise improves fitness, energy, and mood and even relieves stress. Improving overall health and wellbeing in this way can help reduce seizures. It can also help people feel more in control of their health. It also helps release ‘feel good’ hormones into the brain, helps keep the muscles active, reduces fat levels in the body, and increases oxygen flow to the brain. It can also increase the bone density. A research showed that regular sessions of aerobic exercise (for example running, walking, swimming, cycling) for 60 minutes, twice a week, for 15 weeks resulted in a significant reduction in the number of seizures they had.
Drink water, diluted fruit juice, or squash while exercising to help replace the fluids and body. Do not exercise straight after a meal.
Team sports or group activities such as walking or gardening groups can also be a good way of increasing self-confidence. Making new friends may help with any feelings of isolation. Most sports, including contact sports like football, hockey, basketball and rugby, have not shown to increase the chance of someone having a seizure, but contact sports come with an increased risk of head injuries, which could affect people with a history of epilepsy. Protective sports headgear helps to reduce this risk.