Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagdish RaiYour feedback matters!
Hair loss has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self-esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss has long-term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside which prevents them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with the body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of the mind-body structure. Hair is considered as a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the ayurvedic treatments recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall.
1. Dietary modifications - It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of excessive alcohol, meat, coffee, tea, and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated by indulging in intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts, and milk.
2. Yoga and meditation - Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
3. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil - Bhringaraja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful in hair fall.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I use to do head bath twice a week still I didn't get rid of dandruff. I also used a lot of shampoos. How to get rid of dandruff?
I am 26 years old and I am facing hair fall. Everyday it used to fall 10 hairs after or during bath.
I am 22 year old guy. I have suddenly started having hair loss . I had very thick and heavy hair and now they are too thin and light .I am afraid. Why am I having hair loss? I would like to tell that I have bumps on my body and some on my scalp too and it itches as well .Thank you.
Male or female, it affects us all at some point of time in our lives. Stress, pollution, improper diet, high blood sugar, and hormonal imbalance are the main reasons behind acne.
Amongst the external intake related causes caffeine, dairy products, fried food, sweets and cola are the foods to be avoided. Also smoking, as cigarette smoke alters skin lipids and also causes relative deficiency of antioxidants contributing to the onset and/or exacerbation of acne. Alcohol consumptions on the other hand both directly and indirectly causes acne. Heavy drinking or binge drinking does more harm than light drinking.
However, certain foods when included in daily diet, help curb acne.
1. Lots of water - One reasons of acne is when the toxins in our body start reflecting on our skins. It is advisable to drink at least eight glasses of water to flush out the toxins, ensure smooth digestion, regulate acidity and ensure that your skin glows from within.
2. Cool cucumbers - Cucumbers have high water content, along with cooling properties. It has antioxidants, vitamin c and silica which are all good for the skin. Cucumbers are also known to fight inflammation causing enzymes.
3. Nourishing carrots - Carrots are rich in beta carotene and vitamin a. They help cure acne by eliminating the oils and proteins which cause them. Broccoli and green leafy vegetable also serve the same purpose.
4. Saviour berries - Berries have high content of anti-oxidants which prevent the skin from damage within, thus preventing acne and inflammation.
5. Anti-oxidant green tea - Also a rich source of anti-oxidants, green tea is known to balance the blood sugar, which in turn protects the skin from acne.
6. Yummy yogurts - Even though dairy products are known to be bad for acne, yoghurt happens to be very good for prevention of acne. Keep in mind that it is fresh and not too fermented.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.