Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. J SharmaYour feedback matters!
Is it true that when we stand our body move back and forth. This is what I am feeling. When I stand my body moves back and forth. Is it a concern or just normal. What should I do or any medicines should I take.
Taking into account the hectic lifestyle we lead, most of us end up suffering from aches and pains. But that does not mean we have to continue to suffer from them. There are plenty of easy exercises that one can follow in order to keep themselves healthy and problem free!
In order to avoid aches and pains, the first thing that a person needs to do is
- Practise hamstring stretches regularly: What this entails is that he or she needs to lie on the back, raise a leg and hold the back of it with both hands. While it may be called the hamstring stretch and one would probably normally think that the beneficial impact of doing it would be limited to the hamstring, it works quite a bit of special magic which has an ability to ease the pain in the lower back. Now, for an exercise which is so simple, is it not worth it?
- Side Stretch: Talking about stretches, another form of a stretch happens to be the side stretch. Even this is rather simple and all that needs to be done is to lie on one’s side and pull the ankle of the leg which is not in contact with the ground towards the back. While this is being done, the ankle of the lower leg should apply pressure on the thigh.
- Straight leg raise: It may seem that most of the exercises which reduce pain are stretches! However, this is not really the case as there is a place for exercises such as the straight leg raise and the like. What exactly is the straight leg raise? Well, it can be done when a person is either in a sitting position or is lying on his or her back. The toes are to be kept pointed upwards and the leg is to be raised. It is to be kept in mind that the challenge of the straight leg raise is that the knee should not be bent, at all.
- The cat and camel exercise: The terms cat and camel generally refer to members of the animal kingdom. However, jointly, in terms of exercises, the cat and camel is an exercise well worth remembering as it can save the individual quite a lot of pain. All that needs to be done is to alternatively arch one’s back towards the floor and the ceiling while resting on one’s hands and knees.
While our way of living may come with certain side-effects, but it would not be right to say that we are helpless. We need to take charge and make little changes to enjoy a healthy and happy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have got tail bone pain because of sitting whole day in office and riding bike 50kms avg per day. How do I solve it?
Will ejaculation cause right hip pain? I am suffering from this problem. I am also having lower leg pain. Will ejaculation cause these problems? I am suffering from neck pain since 1 year. I consulted neurologist. He suggested for MRI. It says that no significant abnormality detected. But it says that minimal posterior disc protrusion noted at c5-6 .is this problem of disc causing my right hip and lower leg pain or ejaculation causing it. I am also feeling pain in my penis. I am21 years old. I am also having upper back pain So doctor please kindly answer me as per my question ? And solution to it, as I am using medicines I am still struggling. Please help me Thanks to doctor.
My vitamin B12 level is 232. It's range is 211-900. But my Dr. Says it should be above at least above 250. I have also few symptoms of B12 deficiency like numbness and tingling. Which medicine should I take? It should contain only vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)? Or It should contain vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) and folic acid? Does folic acid component required in vitamin B12 medicine?
He is suffering from poly villonodular synovitis pvns in his left knee from last two and half years. Please suggest what is the best treatment for it?
I am 20 years male. I am suffering from joint pain. Can you tell me the treatment to get rid from it?
I am a 60 year old woman and suffering from frequent backpain. What should i do to be free from backpain
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune condition wherein the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks the linings of the joint. This condition affects both sides of the body including the eyes, hands and legs. Unlike the depreciating damage of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis causes a distressful swelling that consequently leads to bone deformity and even erosion. As such, it is one of the more important characteristics of the condition which distinguishes it from other forms of arthritis. It often leads to debilitating disabilities.
Risk factors and complications
Factors such as obesity, smoking, age (affects mostly after the age of 40) and many environmental factors increase the risk of Rheumatoid arthritis. In severe cases, rheumatoid arthritis can lead to a plethora of other conditions such as:
Blood and imaging tests will first be carried out. Based on such diagnosis, you may be advised medications such as steroids or Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). Now in case of severe pain, one would have to take to surgery. Varying surgeries work on different joints of the body and some of these include:
- Arthroplasty: This procedure replaces all or a part of the joint for instance, the knee or the hip.
- Arthroscopy: A procedure which helps pull out inflamed tissue or debris from the required joint with the help of light, small instruments.
- Cervical spinal fusion: Pressure on the median nerve is eased with this procedure.
- Hands and foot surgeries: These procedures help correct dysfunctional joints of the hands, fingers, legs and toes.
- Synovectomy: Synovectomy helps remove more intricate tissues which are inflamed or otherwise.
What to consider before you opt for one?
Although these various surgeries often restore almost-normal movements in the patient, they can only do so in two or possibly three joints. And of course, it goes without saying that you should consult with an orthopaedist orthopaedic surgeon) experienced in arthritis and joint surgeries before opting for such.
I am 39 years old. I had rheumatoid arthritis 2 years ago. With prompt medication and proper exercises it subsided. But I have put on weight rapidly with b12, injections in just 2 months. I have put on 12 kgs in 2 months. And am not able to shed off that exrra weight. My periods are regular. I am putting on lot of weight. If I exercise I dont gain weight but at the same time am not losing weight. I have also noticed I am getting acne now at this age. What should I do?
My brother have pain in left shoulder and we think that the main cause for this pain would be overlifting of weights. What will be the actual cause?
I am 27 year old I have ankle and heel pain. From past 8 months I am traveling in bmtc bus and walk at least 3 km per day. Please suggest how get rid of this pain.
My age is 20 and I am having shoulder bone pain and stiffness from 2 months. Whenever I move my both shoulder there is sound frequently coming. What should I do?
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.