Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J SharmaYour feedback matters!
Sex, which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or post-menopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex.
One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Treatment: Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience:
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water-based lubricant is highly recommendable. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy: It is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat: It is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
- Other therapies: One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever.
Related Tip: "Pain During Intercourse? Here Are The Causes"
Sir/Madam. I am 32 years female. Trying to get conceived from past one and half years. 6 month back I have diagnosed with prolactin level of 155 ng ml with TSH level of 4. After taking medicine prolactin level decreased to 1 ng ml but the TSH level is 3.9. And I am still taking the thyroxine tablet 25 mg to reduce the level. My nd my husband's pre natal check up report says everything is normal. My friends says it is too late to have baby at this age. What should I do further. What might be the problem?
Hey is it OK if a girl has 3 mensuration periods in one month if no Then what are the remedies for it?
My wife is 8 weeks pregnant and child didn't get heartbeat, found in sonography. Doctor is asking for abortion. Need suggestion. Should we go for abortion or we can wait for another 2 weeks.
HI doctor Im 23 years old and in oct 2015 I have undergone for abort as6 months fetus has expired in the womb and now I have checked my pregnancy with urine test so its positive so I haveconsulteddoctor doctor suggested me to take endogest 100mgtabletsit safe to take this tablet.
My wife is pregnant and we have consulted a Doc. As per advise we have done the ultrasound and the report says that missed abortion and the reason being cardiac activity absent. The doc has advised for abortion. Need a suggestion that whether should go for abortion or should go for 2nd opinion.
Now I am 9th week pregnant. My white discharge is changed to lite brown colour. Is this safe or not. Causing any problem.
The colon is a part of the digestive system of your body, which extracts the vitamins, nutrients, water and salt from the indigestible food. This helps in getting rid of solid waste from your body. Now, you may wonder why colon cleansing is necessary. It is required when there is some disorder in the normal colon function, such as when the colon absorbs the toxins in place of removing them from your body, you may experience colon problems. These results in syndromes like gaining weight, fatigue, lack of energy, constipation, bloating and many more.
Cleaning the colon in a natural way is one of the earliest processes by which you can get a normal colon. This process is also called autointoxication. There are some ways by which you can go for natural colon cleansing.
- One of the easiest and best ways for colon cleansing is drinking plenty of water. Regular intake of water will keep your body hydrated and the body organs functioning. It will also help your body to get rid of various toxins.
- Intake of apple juice is yet another process of colon cleansing. Apple juice normalises your bowel movements and keeps your liver fit. It keeps the digestive system functioning as well. One glass of raw apple juice followed by one glass of water half an hour later works best for colon cleansing.
- Lemon juice with a high amount of vitamin C is excellent for the digestive system. A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and honey keeps your liver, colon and the entire digestive system fit and fine.
- Stay away from fried and processed food for a couple of days. It is better if you drink fresh vegetable juice for a number of times in a day. Green and leafy vegetables remove toxins from your body. They have high amount of minerals and enzymes which provides energy to your body.
- Yogurt is your best companion when it comes to colon cleansing. It contains some bacteria, which are good for your body and helps accelerate the digestion process. It is one of the best way by which you can cure every stomach and digestion-related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
My friend is five months pregnant, suffering from mod to severe morning sickness. She is taking some tablet morning and eveigin, prescribed by her doctor. What else can be done.
I had unprotected sex two days before, but sperms not Eject and I'm afraid that my partner may be pregnant. Soo please tell me wat to do to avoid pregnancy.
जब भी खाएं, हमेशा संतुलित खाएं नहीं तो पोषण पर सीधा असर पडे़गा। आपकी जानकारी के लिये बता दें कि हर खाना पेट में जा कर कार्बोहाइड्रेट, फैट और शुगर में बदल जाता है। ऐसे में तासीर से कोई खास फर्क नहीं पड़ता।
हां, बहुत ज्यादा ठंडा या गर्म खाना खाने से जरूर बचना चाहिए क्योंकि हमारा खून गर्म होता है। इसलिये सही तापमान को बनाए रखने के लिये हमारे शरीर को दोगुनी महनत करनी पड़ती है, नहीं तो वह कभी ठीक से काम नहीं कर पाएगा।
हमारा नॉर्मल बॉडी टम्परेचर 37 °C होता है इसलिये अगर आप एक साथ आइसक्रीम और हॉट कॉफी पी लेंगे तो पेट को उसे पचाने में ज्यादा महनत करनी पड़ेगी। इसलिये हमेशा सामान्य तापमान का भोजन ही खाएं। अगर आप फूड कॉम्बिनेशन ठीक नहीं रखेगें तो आपकी स्किन हमेशा ड्राई बनी रहेगी, हमेशा कफ, पेट में गैस और अपच रहेगा और फेंफड़ों में कफ का जमाव हो जाएगा।
अधिक जानकारी के लिए ssohm सर्च करे!
I am married since 4 years and we never used any contraceptive method or any family planning. Last year in March I had become pregnant and it was diagnosed as Ectopic pregnancy. And I had to drop this pregnancy. Now my husband has come down and we are planning to have a baby. I would like to have some tips and advises as we are planning for a baby also would like to know if any specific diet plans to be planned. Also note my last Menstrual date was 6th April. Advise what will be best time for conception and what all precautionary methods to be followed.
EIF seen in left ventricle of the babies heart. She said it is a light marker. I am 31 year old, 5 month pregnant. What is this EIF and how it effects my child.
Hello Doc, last night after intercourse I realized that condom was torn though semens was in condom but I feel that some semens would have gone inside. In such scenarios I normally buy ipill but lately when I heard about the side effects hence hesitant to prescribe this time. Is it advisable to take ipill once every month is there any alternative, need your advise on this.
Is one drop of sperm will cause a woman to get pregnant. And after sex she had peed. Is there any methods through which I can check that she is pregnant or not? Sex had happened some 15 days ago.
Oral sex is a form of sexual activity, which involves the arousal of one's genitalia by his/her partner using the mouth (tongue, lips and throat). It is also called Cunnilingus (performed on a female) and fellatio (performed on a male). It is done before intercourse and during foreplay for sexual arousal. It is safe as compared to vaginal or anal sex, the rate of getting a STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or HIV is comparatively lower.
Oral sex can spice up your life and can also make your partner reach orgasm. It is also a safe way of getting sexual pleasure without getting pregnant. But necessary precautions must be taken in order to have safe oral sex.
Some of these necessary precautions are:
- You can get throat cancer from oral sex: Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a cancerous virus found in the body of infected people. This virus can be transmitted to the person with whom you are engaging in oral sex. Studies show that people who engage with more than 6 sexual partners at once are more prone to get oral cancer. It is advisable to get your partner tested for HPV virus before engaging in oral sex.
- Oral sex also causes stress: Oral sex is generally related to hygiene, therefore the partner can be self conscious and worried about his/her genital hygiene. If oral sex is performed on a daily basis, some people prefer to wax their pubic hair often. This is harmful because it can cause red bumps and burning sensation occurs. It is advisable to trim your pubic hair and wash it properly before engaging in oral sex.
- A condom should be worn by the male during oral sex so that there is no risk of male fluid entering the woman's body.
- A latex, which is made into a thin sheet called dental dam can be used on the vagina or anus. This creates a thin barrier between the mouth and the genitalia. Hence, chances of getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases are greatly reduced.
Oral sex can be pleasurable and fun, but the risks of getting sexually transmitted diseases like herpes, gonorrhea and crabs is not altogether misplaced. So it is advisable to use proper protection and to maintain hygiene before engaging in oral sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.