Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J SharmaYour feedback matters!
While having sex my wife's periods started, and we did not knew that, please tell me if there's any chance of infection as we didn't use any precautions.
Its personal actually I do not have much feelings while there I was in a relationship with my husband what is d reasons what should ido I am not able to share wid anyone. Pls guide nd anxious to conceive e.
In first 2 months of pregnancy if there is too much vomiting and not possible to eat any food what could be a solution in ayurveda or natural medicine?
I am 30 years old lady. I want to conceive. Now its time my muscular days, So whats the proper date for my planning.
Mera period date aaj ka Tha but Mai abhi tak period nai hui hu Mai 2ko sex ki aur 4ko unwanted 72 subah Mai liya Maine 7ko test bhi Kiya result negative aaya do you please help me that Mai kab period houngi ya kab Mai sure ho sakti hu ki I'm not pregnant.
Hi, I am about 22 weeks pregnant still not felling baby movement.in my previous ultrasound done on 16 weeks found the placenta anterior. I am so worried now, wt should I do. Pls.
I am 20 years old female, recently I met my boyfriend and we were in oral sex (not sex) I gave him a blowjob and he cummed in my hands and his fingers were wet due to his cum, later he inserted his fingers in my vagina (the fingers with his cum) we had this session on 21st September, and my period date is on 28th September. * Will I get Pregnant? * Will I get my periods on 28th September if I'm pregnant?
Dear Dr. My sister whose age is 27 years, in her head there is a small ball which is soft like a balloon filed with water, but there is no any pain, the ball is minimum 2 to 3 years old, shes body is too slim, please suggest me what to do ?
Taking many times ipill since last 4 to 5 years will it affect me getting pregnant and I will get pregnant or not?
I am 30 years with PCOS, currently on metformin 1500 and folic acid. I am not overweight and the cervical mucus is regular however periods are yet to regularize, am I ovulating? Can I conceive naturally?
Nothing in the world can be more precious and valuable than holding and cuddling your baby for the first time. For most, pregnancy and parenthood gives a new dimension to their lives. It completes their family. People wait with bated breath for the beautiful phase to unfold. However, of late, infertility has been on the rise. As per a survey, 1 in every 1000, suffers from infertility issues. Infertility in males, as well as females, can be triggered by factors such as stress (personal or professional), unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, obesity, medical complications.
Medical assistance and treatments are available, but some of the treatments are way too expensive or have harmful and undesirable side effects. In this regard, homeopathy comes as a much-needed blessing. It is natural and has negligible or no side effects. Furthermore, most of the homeopathic medications are affordable, leaving you with only a small pinch in the pocket.
The first step in homeopathic treatment is identifying the root cause of infertility. In males, infertility can be due to
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Low semen count.
- Sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Small testes or testicular injury.
- Abnormal or premature ejaculation.
- Obstruction in Vas deferens (Ejaculatory duct).
- Varicocele, Prostatitis.
Female infertility may be due to
- Thyroid problems.
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), Endometriosis.
- Hormonal imbalance and irregular periods.
- Uterine fibroid.
- STD's like gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Blocked fallopian tube.
- Uterine (cervix) abnormality.
Certain lifestyle habits and environmental factors also contribute towards male and female infertility.
Homeopathy to treat male infertility:
Some of the homeopathic medicines work wonders to improve male infertility.
- Caladium Seguinum: Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation can be effectively treated with Caladium Seguinum (American Arum). In some men, erectile dysfunction results in pruritus (severe itching) in the genital organs. Caladium is the best bet to deal with pruritus.
- Agnus Castus (Chaste Tree): Agnus Castus is used to treat both male and female infertility. Men with erectile dysfunction, low libido, and low sperm count benefit immensely from this medicine. This medicine is a blessing for women with menstrual problems (irregular periods, heavy or scanty periods).
- Lycopodium Clavatum (Wolf's Foot): Men with serious erectile dysfunction (due to stress, anxiety) benefit from this medicine.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is helpful for men with a high libido but premature ejaculation.
- Conium: Conium is used to treat low libido and weak erections in men.
Homeopathy to treat female infertility:
- Pulsatilla: This homeopathic medicine comes as a relief for females who have infertility due to PCOD and irregular periods.
- Sepia: Infertility resulting from menstrual problems (scanty and short periods) can be successfully treated with Sepia. It is also helpful in case of women with hypoactive sexual desire.
- Natrum Carb: This homeopathic medicine is used to treat women who are unable to retain the sperm.
- Aletris Farinosa: This medicine is used to treat infertility triggered by heavy periods.
Though effective, these medicines should not be used without medical prescription and recommendation. Self-medication will do more harm than good. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Is it ok to travel with 1 month old baby in flight? Delivery was normal. Flight journey is around 3 hrs. Please help.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu nirman karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
- Virechana: Virachana therapy is defined as the medicated purgation therapy, which cleanses the Pitta and purifies blood, by clearing the toxins from the body. The treatment concentrates on the toxins that are accumulated in the liver and gall bladder. The gastro-intestinal tract is also cleansed by Virachana therapy. This treatment is usually administered for three days, but its duration may vary from case to case.
- Uttarbasti: In this procedure the patient is injected with specially prepared Ayurvedic sterile Oil or Ghrut transvaginally. In case of female infertility, the procedure is done before the period of ovulation i.e. 5, 6, 7th day of menses, in each cycle, for 3 to 6 consecutive cycles. In this procedure, a sterile Ayurvedic oil or Ghrut is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina under all aseptic precautions. No any type of anesthesia is required for this procedure. This is completely painless treatment. It is useful in infertility, spontaneous abortions, recurrent abortions, fibroids, tubal blockages, DUB, etc. Uttar basti per urethra is useful in benign prostate enlargement (BPH), urinary incontinence, urethral stricture, recurrent urinary tract infections (UTI), bladder atony, dribbling maturation, cystitis, male infertility, low sperm count, impotence, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old and trying to conceive for the first time. I have hypo thyroid problem, yet with consultation of my endocrinologist my TSH has come down to 0.8 With the help of ovulation kit, I found that I usually ovulate on 10-12 day of the month. Is it normal? Also to keep a check on my weight, I am doing zumba/yoga for 1 hour per day. Will it affect anyways in the process of conceiving. Also suggest me the foods which is recommended or should be avoided during this time.
Hai, my sister she was 7 months pregnant in th month when we went for check up we have seen that her sugar levels was raised ,for confirmation glucose tolerance test was advised ,in this it was confirmed .so doctor advised to consult dietician and dietician .so my question will there is chance to control sugar level would baby have any problem, would birth will be healthy generally it is gestational diabetes ,aftr giving birth diabetes will control in mom.
Hello I had sex with my gf 8 days before after sex I had given unwanted 72 but during sex I used protection but at last removed but I did not ejaculated inside. After 48 hrs she taken another unwanted 72 but today is 5 day from her periods date she did not got periods yet. Is this due to two tablets. Or she is pregnant. Please help me.
I'm having lower abdominal pain after having romance and oral sex. I want to complete my orgasm but m virgin and I wanna stay like this till my marriage. So I am not having proper sex. Just oral. My partner did not insist me fr sex, bt I think he is missing some point in completing my ejaculation. Can you suggest what should we do.
The procedure of breast reduction surgery-
Breast reduction surgeries can be conducted in an outpatient facility. You may have to stay for one night at a hospital as well. While performing this surgery, a patient is given general anaesthesia, which will make the patient asleep during the process.
Breast reduction surgery requires about two to five hours to be completed successfully. During the process, the surgeon will create a cut around the nipple and then on the breast. The cut is made in the shape of a keyhole. Extra skin, tissue and fat will be removed from the breast through the keyhole-shaped incision. Drainage tubes are also utilized for removal of excess skin and fat. After the removal is complete, and enough skin has been removed, the breasts are stitched. They are then wrapped in a special gauze. Sometimes, a surgical bra is required to be worn by the patient during the surgery.
Recovery from breast reduction surgery-
After a breast reduction surgery is performed, the patient must take a minimal one week off from any kind of work or school. Some women require two weeks or more to recover. However, this varies from patient to patient, but not more than three weeks are required for recovery. It is important to see the surgeon if you come across any problem.
You will be having follow up appointments with your surgeon, where the bandages and stitches on the breasts are removed.
As a part of the recovery process, a woman must abstain from all kinds of physical activities for one month following the surgery. After the surgery, it is likely for a patient to feel tired and experience breast pain. However, this is normal and you can have oral pain killers prescribed by your surgeon to get relief and ease. Heavy lifting should be strictly restricted.
Some women experience emotional reactions such as depression after the surgery. This too is normal, but you should talk to your surgeon about it.
Breast reduction surgery is an efficient cosmetic surgery, which enables women to reduce their breast size and volume. The results of such a surgery are quite satisfactory.