Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.S. Seecatt
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J.S. SeecattYour feedback matters!
I am sleeping just 3-4 hours a day from last 8 months. Also after the sleep I not feeling relax. What should I do?
Home care in viral fever
Take a bath: soaking in a tub of lukewarm or cool water may help you feel better.
Control the heat: lower the room temperature via thermostat or by opening a window. Keep a warm blanket close by in case you have chills. Use the blanket instead of difficult-to-remove items of clothing to self-regulate the temperature.
Drink lots of liquids: water or clear liquid is best the anti-oxidants found in most fruits might also help, and if there's vomiting or diarrhea, a drink with electrolytes might help. Herbal teas and ingredients that aid fever reduction include catnip, echinacea, elder flower, eyebright, feverfew, honey, lemon balm, lemon peel, lemon verbena, lemongrass, peppermint, pleurisy root, purpurea leaf, sage, stevia leaf, and yarrow.
Lemon socks: squeeze out the juice of one lemon into a cup of hot (but not scalding) water. Soak a pair of thin cotton socks in this lemon water, squeeze out the excess liquid, and put on the socks. Pull a pair of thick woolen knee socks over the lemon water-soaked socks so that you don't get your sheets wet. Keep the two pairs of socks on all night.
Hot and cold socks: first, prepare one basin of hot water and one basin of ice cold water. Next, soak a pair of thin ankle socks in the cold water. While you're doing this, soak your feet in the hot water for a minute. Then, towel off the excess water and put on the socks that were soaked in cold water. Wear another pair of socks over the wet socks to protect your sheets. Keep the socks on for several hours.
Damp washcloth: soak a washcloth or face towel in lukewarm water, squeeze out the excess water, and for 10 minutes, pat the cloth or towel gently from your elbows down to your hands and from your knees down to your feet. This works by pulling the heat away from your core and from your head, where excessive heat can harm your organs, on to your limbs where it is then released through the pores.
Lemon: slice a lemon (or other citrus fruit) in half and rub one half all over the soles of your feet. You may also use socks to keep slices of lemon against the soles of the feet overnight.
Garlic: crush, puree, or slice up a clove of raw garlic and eat it. You can mix it with honey to make it more palatable.
Garlic and olive oil: crush 2 garlic cloves and mix them with 2 spoons of olive oil. Warm the mixture up a bit before applying it to the soles of your feet before covering with a plastic wrap overnight.
Vinegar: add half a cup of vinegar to your bathwater and soak in it for at least 10 minutes.
Potato and vinegar: soak a few slices of potato in vinegar for 10 minutes then place them on your forehead topped by washcloth or small towel.
Raisins: in half a cup of water, soak a handful (about 25) raisins. After a while, crush the raisins with a spoon to mix them with the water. Then add the juice of half a lime, strain, and drink this concoction twice a day.
Herbal teas: lots of herbs can be steeped to make teas that are beneficial against numerous medical conditions, including viral fever.
Immunization influenza children adult vaccine
Antibiotic is for bacteria not viral avoid over intake abusing lead to resistant
Avoid abusing of antipyretic
Sir /ma'am from past few days red red patches are coming on my thighs on side of my private part. How to solve this problem?
My penis is small in size my age is 24 and I masturbate daily twice. Is masturbating daily twice is the reason for not getting my penis big? Please help.
What is the symptoms for diabetes. I am 33 yrs old. How to find it. What type of food should take. What foods should avoid?
Dear sir/madam One of my friends (boy) had visited my room last week. He was suffered from severe fever. He had stayed with me for one night and a day. As his fever was not giving any response of limit he had given his blood for check on the account a doctor's advice. Now the report manifests positive to the dengue fever. So my request is how I can take precautions to prevent it. I do not want to take a risk. Kindly please help me. Thank-you.
Methi or Fenugreek is a herb with green leaves that comes from the Pea family. The seed of fenugreek is bitter in taste and are used in preparing a number of medicines. The leaves of fenugreek, however, are quite tasty when cooked. 1 tablespoon of fenugreek leaf contains calorie, fat, fibre, protein, carbohydrate, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6 and phosphorous. It goes without saying that they are extremely beneficial for the overall health of an individual.
Here is a list of few benefits that methi leaf can extend to the body if consumed regularly:
- Address heart diseases: Fenugreek contains a compound known as galactomannan that plays a key role in addressing many heart diseases and helps the cardiac muscle to remain intact. The sodium and potassium content of fenugreek helps to maintain the heart rate and keeps blood pressure at an optimum level.
- Reduce inflammation: Fenugreek is known to address inflammation such as chronic coughs, boils, mouth ulcers, tuberculosis, mouth cancer, bronchitis and kidney ailments. Fenugreek slows down the absorption of sugar and stimulates insulin. They can be consumed daily in the form of a paste or along with food to address various inflammation of the body.
- Lose weight: Fenugreek helps to lose weight. The natural fibre content of methi, when consumed in the morning on an empty stomach, can help to curb hunger. Fenugreek swells in the stomach and gives a fulfilling feeling. They can become a major aid in any weight loss program.
- Address acid reflux: Fenugreek is an extremely good remedy for addressing heartburn and acid reflux. Fenugreek contains mucilage that coats the intestinal and stomach lining and thus soothes the gastrointestinal tissue. The methi seeds should be soaked in water before consuming.
- Helps in fixing a sore throat: 1 spoon of methi paste when mixed with honey and lemon reduce fever and give relief from a cough and cold. It is also capable of fixing a sore throat. It nourishes the body and helps to recover from cold in very short time.
- Menstrual discomfort: Compounds such as isoflavones and diosgenin possess estrogen-like quality. They can readily address discomfort associated with PMs and menstrual cramps. Methi is also found to help with mood fluctuation and hot flashes. Due to their iron-rich properties, fenugreek proves to be extremely helpful for women suffering from menstrual pain.
- Hair problems: Fenugreek is known to have a very soothing effect on the scalp that in turn makes the hair black and shiny. When fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight, boiled and mixed with coconut oil to form a paste, they can do wonders for the hair. They are also known to be ceasing hair fall and hair thinning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.