Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. J MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I am 46 yrs, feeling pain due to cervical spondylosis, pain in thigh due to lbp. High decibel snoring too. Please Advice.
Hi i Am suffering from leg muscle pain. I have done with dvt but there is null in report. But donno the pain remains same uptill now. So can I find the reason n treatment for this.
Hi I am 25 years old female, I have knee pains and calcium deficiency, what type of food should I take.
My uncle is 40 year old. He has a problem in right leg, he get pain near butt when they walk or if after they sit then they stand up. So please give any suggestion.
Sciatica is a very common neuropathic pain that is caused by damage to the sciatic nerve, a large nerve that runs from the lower back region down the end of each leg. It is the largest single nerve in the body.
This condition affects around 4 out of 10 people at some point of their lives. The nature of the pain varies from a mild ache to a sharp stinging sensation and may cause feelings of numbness and extreme weakness.
Causes of Sciatica
The causes for the onset of Sciatica are numerous. Some of them are as follows:
- Slipped lumbar disc
- Muscle inflammation
- Internal bleeding
- Awkward sleeping position
- Uncomfortable footwear
- Spinal injury
How can physical therapy help?
There are many ways of treating Sciatica, such as medication, acupuncture and surgery, which can provide relief. The most common and easy treatment method however is physical therapy. A progressive and controlled exercise routine that is specifically tailored to the nature of the condition in consultation with a physical therapist acts as an effective remedy in treating the problem. It alleviates pain and also eliminates the chances of relapse.
Physical therapy exercises used to treat Sciatica are of many types. They are a combination of core strengthening, muscular stretching and aerobic conditioning routines, which aim at correcting the root of the problem.
The different types of exercises employed to treat Sciatica include the following:
- Strengthening exercises: These aim at strengthening the spinal column and the pelvic region, which includes the hips and buttocks. They help in making the muscles and ligaments in this region more robust and allow for improved flexibility and support.Lunges and squats are some of the examples.
- Stretching exercises: These provide pain relief through improved agility and flexibility. The most important aspect of these routines is stretching and exercising the hamstring. Hamstring, stretches, calf stretches and tricep stretches are a part of stretching exercises.
- Aerobic conditioning: These are cardiovascular exercises of low intensity, which provide pain relief through the release of endorphins and the facilitation of fluid and nutrient exchange. Examples of these are swimming and brisk walking.
I have an allergy some kind of but I don't how and why it's look like a stripes on my back when it happen I took a tablet call ctz and it's within hour but it's regular suggest me.
My left heel pains and i am not able to walk immediately after sitting or lying down for half an hour. I am 64, male. I don't have sugar or BP. I am 5'3" tall and my weight is around 122 lb. Please suggest solution.
My mother has getting so much of backbone pain, what she can do to cure it, can you give a solution to us.
My mother is suffering from osteoporosis for last 16 years and under medication from then. Now she is suffering from kidney problems detected by Dr. She hardly goes to urinate once through out the day. Her legs are swelled. She has high Bp. please give some suggestions.
I am running 5-6 kms daily for past week, now I got tight calf muscles, how much time it will take usually to get it ok? Any preventive measures for future.
Hi, M feeling swollen on my body, face, back on neck .i don't know the reason can I take dytor 5 mg tablet?
1 am a 17 year old girl I need to study alot but its most of the time there is a severe back pain and shoulder pain what should I try.
A three-step plan to relieve pain
1. Always do stretches and back strengthening exercises in the morning before the day's activities tire the back and at night to relax the muscles after a long day!
2. Use a cushion/or a back support when you sit on a chair. Use an ergonomic chair to sit at your desk. Take breaks every hour and walk around even to drink water or for making a cup of green tea! be mobile, but not on the mobile!
3. De-stress. Wellness encompasses mind and body relaxation. So meditate and breathe right. Eat healthy. Sleep well.
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.