Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. J MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I am 55 year old I am getting pain in my right leg heal while walking so do advice what to do to over come this problem ?
I'm 37 year old and I have pain in both the heals area when wake up in the morning and whenever I walk long. Can you guide me. Thanks.
I am suffering with back pain basically I am doing gym every day and in the night times its is to paining.
I am 64 years old. I am unable to walk even 10 meters at stretch. I can not even stand for 10 minutes. My left leg becomes senseless if I stand for 5-10 minutes. I am taking medicine for BP and lipvas20 etc for the last 5 years but no improvement. Suggest what should I do.
I am 27 and having severe body ache. I am not able to sit for more than half an hour as my back aches alot and can not walk for more than half a km. As m getting bad leg ache. I think it is due to pre-menstrual issues. Though, I got my periods today and still getting this issue. Kindly suggest.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.
I am 38 years male and facing civier pain in the morning at my toe and also the burning feeling in the foot lower surface since last few months. Pls advice.
Spine / backbone / vertebral column is made of 33 individual bones (vertebrae) stacked one on top of the other with intervertebral disc, tendons, ligaments, spinal nerves, muscles to provide main support to the body to allow it to stand upright.
Adult spine has natural "S" shape with 33 number of vertebrates.
1) Cervical spine (neck) = 7
2) Thoracic spine (mid back) =12
3) Lumbar spine (lower back) =5
4) Sacrum coccyx (tail) = 9
Today, cervical - lumbar spine problems have become part of life due to lifestyle.
The time tested complete treatment; cure for spinal problems is in AYURVEDIC THERAPY MEDICINES.
- medicated oil massage steam relieves muscle spasm,stiffness, pain
- medicated oil massage increases the blood flow / circulation to that area which helps in healing and maintaining proper tone of muscles
- medicated steam open the pores so that oil gets deeper to joint articulation to provide lubrication
- steam also helps to detoxify in results to make it feel light free to move
In KATI BASTI / MANYA BASTI oil helps to accumulate osteophytes (tiny bone particles like chalk dust) together .
According to Ayurvedic principles it reduces the VATA in the joint as well in body which is responsible for degeneration, pain, deterioration.