Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J KumarYour feedback matters!
I got married since 10 months back, As my weight is increasing. Will that effect in getting pregnant? I wanna get pregnant as early as possible. Please suggest me something.
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Tips for Resurrecting Lost Penis Sensation
When a man begins to lose penis sensation, he very well might panic a bit. But it's important to remember two things: first, that loss of penis sensitivity happens more often with age, and second, that it can be reversed through careful attention to a few new penis care techniques. Here's what a man needs to know to get his mojo back.
Why does a guy lose penis sensation?
There can be many reasons why a man loses penis sensitivity. In most cases, the problem can be traced back to overhandling of the penis, especially during long masturbation sessions. Another reason could be the 'death grip,' or gripping the penis too tightly during masturbation, as well as forgoing lube when pleasuring. Either of these often bring about loss of penis sensation.
But in some cases, the reason can be attributed to the aging process. In fact, up to 90 percent of men report that over time, their penis isn't as sensitive as it once was. Many men look back at how sensitive they felt during their earlier years and realize that they have lost quite a bit of sensitivity as they have become older.
The good news is that there are remedies for both the problem of overhandling and the issues of age. A guy can try these great options:
1) Change up masturbation. Many guys get set in their ways and over time, they want to masturbate in only a certain way that they are sure will work for them. The problem is that they will wind up rubbing the same areas over and over again, which results in small callouses on the delicate penis skin. That results in a deadening of sensation in that area. By switching up the method a guy uses, he can preserve the sensation and explore new things at the same time.
2) Wear the right clothing. A guy should avoid tight, restrictive clothing. Wearing underwear that allows the penis to 'breathe' or even using wicking underwear that draw away moisture are all good bets. Never go commando, as the rub of trousers against the penis can quickly reduce sensation. A guy should always take the time to go without clothing, too - this 'airing out' of the penis can have many benefits not only for sensation, but for odor control and comfort as well.
3) Use lube when appropriate. Guys who like it dry might not have the best penis sensitivity. Reaching for ample amounts of lubrication during any sexual activity can help ensure that a guy keeps those all-important nerve endings as healthy as possible, so he can enjoy sex to the strongest measure possible.
4) Stay moisturized. Dry skin can be the bane of a man's penis sensation, especially if the problem is severe or is allowed to continue for a long period of time. The nerve endings in the penis can become damaged over time, resulting in a loss of penis sensitivity in such a way that he might not be able to regain it. Avoid this problem by using a good moisturizer, as well as a proper cleanser when in the shower. These two simple additions to a good penis care regimen can keep a man's penis in good shape.
Finally, a man can't go wrong with the use of a penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) that is designed to help with penis sensation. Multiple ingredients promote sensitivity, including alpha lipoic acid, L-arginine, L-carnitine, and a host of vitamins. Combat dry skin through the addition of Shea butter and vitamin E, both of which can lock in moisture to help improve sensitivity and overall penis health. A great penis health crème can be used every day to help slowly regain the penis sensation a man thought was gone for good.
INDIVIDUAL/GROUP THERAPY FOR REMEDYING THREE TYPES OF SKILLS DEFICITS
Many adolescents lack important skills that are essential for their academic achievement, personal development andfor their effective social adaptation. In my 25 years of practice as psychologist and particularly in my therapy sessions with teenagers, I have come across more evidence in support of the behavior deficit model. This model considers skills deficit as a major root cause of psychological disturbance and social mal-adjustment. Skills deficit in adolescents are found to fall under three distinct categories. These three categories account for the vast majority of behaviors usually included under the term behavior disorders. All three patterns are maladaptive ( socially or individually). Each of the following three patterns also involve inter-personal alienation.
AGGRESSIVE TEENAGERS: They may be quarrelsome and generally irresponsible in their social interactions. They pick up fights easily and may disruptive and destructive in school or playground. They may be defiant of authority and lack feelings of guilt or remorse for wrong, unethical behavior.
WITHDRAWN TEENAGERS: Such teens may be generally overanxious and timid. They may get hurt easily and therefore very reluctant to interact with people. They may constantly complain of being victimized or teased. They lack self-esteem and self-confidence. They may go through feelings of depression and social anxiety and therefore may be seen as lonely and socially withdrawn.
IMMATURE TEENAGERS: They may be clumsy in their behavior. Usually they go around with younger playmates who have lower level of social skills. They may have short attention span and may engage in day-dreaming or even self-talk. They are too passive and socially incompetent. This may result in more criticism and ridicule from the peers.
Social skills deficit in a common cause of adjustment problems in teenagers and college youth. If your teenage son or daughter is found suddenly losing interest in studies and getting low marks or found to be generally quiet and withdrawn, it is a good idea to get him/her assessed by a psychologist so that necessary remedial and preventive steps can be taken to enhance their personal growth and wellbeing.