Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.C.Jain
Submit a review for Dr. J.C.JainYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years male having burning sensation and little pain in anus lower part since few days. What is the case may be? Please advice.
Dear, I am getting my stomach slightly swelling, I don't know why. Is it any gas problem or something bcoz sometimes I also feel very painful in my whole area of stomach not a particular place. Kindly suggest me about the same.
My relative is 32 year old n he is suffering from anal fistula from 2 years n getting severe pain so what treatment should done to cure it.
I have pain in my right chest but I don't know whether it is gastric or any other. My age is 23 and I used to smoke 4 cigarette a day so what is the cause.
2 year ago I took a mass gainer of 2kg after leaving that gainer, I am suffering from stomach indigestion and loosing my weight day by day. So now what should I do? Please help me.
I always use to chew pan masala. Some times in parties I used to drink alcohol. Now the problem is I am suffering from acidity some burning sensation in stomach and chest from many years (7_8). Tell me some medicines to fast and complete overcome by this problem.
Hello, 1 month back I had seizures 2-3 times lasting for 20-30 seconds. I consulted the doctor, had a CT scan but nothing came out, he prescribed me Health OK sachets, enerzal and Zincovit. I took these meds for around 10 days. I never felt again till today when early in the morning when I went to bathroom. Before seizures I feel dizziness and I feel like lots of things starts coming in my mind and then I pass out for around 20-30 seconds. This thing has happened thrice inside the bathroom, in which twice just after taking the bath and once Infront of my roommate. My gall bladder was removed 2 years back so from fast 1 year I suffer from stomach bloating. For past 1 month I have been again facing bloating issue. Are these two things related? Please recommend what I should be doing for this.
A daily, regular bowel movement is one of the best personal habits that a person can have. It should be effortless, have well-formed stools, and be a normal routine that does not feel like a task. However, due to various reasons, including altered food habits, bowel irregularity is something very common. Especially in kids, given their increased junk consumption, regular bowel movement is something hard to establish.
The following are some simple, effective ways to restore bowel regularity. While some might require habit formation, once done, it should be effortless and become part of a routine.
- Food habits: Include more fibre which will add bulk and give a laxative effect. The size and weight of the stool is increased, gas formation is reduced, and intestinal discomfort is reduced. Combination of soluble and insoluble fiber obtained from seeds, vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts, and whole grains will do the trick.
- Increase hydration: A good amount of fluid intake will ensure the stool is not hard which requires strain to clear. Minus other drinks, 8 to 10 glasses of pure water can help in regular bowel movements.
- Maintain the good gut flora: If you are constantly constipated, then there is a good chance that the good bacteria are lost. Ensure these are replaced with supplemental probiotics, which also will ensure regular bowel movements. Herbs and other nutrients may also be used, like milk thistle, which also increase production of bile. This also ensures smoother and regular bowel movements.
- Be on the move: While the benefits of regular exercise are manifold, enabling a regular bowel movement is one of them. Do some sort of regular exercise for at least 20 minutes thrice a week, including abdominal and pelvic floor exercises. This improves the muscle tone in these areas and enables smooth and regular bowel movements. Tai Chi or Yoga can also be equally beneficial.
- Massage your tummy: Massaging the abdomen (and therefore the bowels) induces the natural, wave-like movement that is seen in the abdominal organs. This helps the stool to move along the intestine and eventually get them out of your system. Doing this every morning when you wake up before getting out of bed can help develop the habit of passing stool in the morning.
- Take it easy, relax: During times of stress, digestion is slow and bowel movements are not regular. Whether it is music or a walk, relax and see your bowels move more naturally and regularly.
While it is okay to use a laxative once in a while, these simple measures done regularly can help avoid the use of laxatives. Persistent constipation is a cause for concern and might need further investigation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.