Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ishika NainYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am aged 39 and 17 weeks pregnant. My uterine artery flow mean is 2:25. My ultrasould report states 'persistently restricted uterine artery flow with some interval reduction in flow impedance' I have been prescribed Clexane 0.6 injections daily for 3 weeks. The leaflet says it should be taken on the tummy. I read online that it is not licenced for use by pregnant females in UK. My questions are: Is it a good idea to take it in my condition? Should a pregnant woman take it on her tummy or should it be taken elsewhere? Please advise.
Hello, I am trying to get pregnant from 1 year and doctor prescribed me duphaston 10 mg and susten 200 from 18th day of cycle for 20 days one for morning and one at night. After 14 days of taking these tablets I started bleeding that is like brown and not heavy. I am so disturbed now becoz I am still on these medicines and period started is it really a period of something else shall I continue medicines or stop. please suggest. Thanks.
I am 27 female. I am having a girl of 1.25 year and my problem is I am having pain in pelvic which is coming and going frequently I had sexual activity but dint had intercourse please help me out so as I can sleep.
Can I drink licorice tea to get rid of pcos / endometriosis symptoms. If not can you please suggest some suggestions to get rid of pcos and endometriosis. I am planning to conceive.
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?
I am 27 years old married woman. I am trying to get pregnant. In december I had periods on 3rd, in January on 6th, February on 12th, march on 21st. Which are the fertile days to make relation for getting pregnant. Kindly advise.
One touch verio flex glucometer fits comfortably into your hand and lets you get on with the moment. You can also rest assured that one touch verio test strips have the lowest co-pay on the most health plans.
Colorsure technology instantly shows when your blood glucose results are low, in range high.
Compact, slim design that's easy to take with you accuracy you can rely on.
One touch verio flex glucometer works with one touch verio test strips
Test time: 5 seconds power source: cr2032 coin cellbattery life: not specifiedmemory: 500automatic shutoff: 2 minutes after last action
Temperature: 6-44 caltitude: up to 10, 000 feet. Up to 3048 metersrelative humidity: non-condensing 10-90%hematocrit: 20-60%
Individual unit weight: approximately 1.76 ounces.
Individual unit dimensions: 2.05 x 3.38 x 0.63
Contents of the box
One touch verio flex one touch delica lancing device 10 one touch delica lancets carrying case one touch verio flex owner's booklet one touch verio flex getting started guide
Price - inr -1750/- (with 10 one touch verio test strips free)
Meri marriage 11aprill 2016 ko hoi thi muje last priod 4: 04:16 ko aye the .Mai ab kitne month ki pregnant hu?
Excessive release or flow of blood during the menstrual cycle or periods is referred to as menorrhagia. It is an abnormally long-lasting and heavy menstrual period at regular intervals. It usually occurs in premenopausal women, affecting their overall health, decreasing the quality of life, weakness and many interruptions in their lifestyle.
As a treatment for menorrhagia, homeopathy has shown proven results. The medicines maintain the emotional, mental, physiological and immune reactions of the person to guarantee long lasting and permanent help. The medicines will necessarily have to be prescribed by a doctor.
A few women have almost no issue with their menstrual cycles, however, others suffer every month. A variety of distressing side effects may occur with premenstrual women. These include irritation, mood swings, headaches, bloating, excessive urination, and soreness of the breasts. Periods can be irregular and disturbed, with cramping, heavy flow, anxiety and discomfort. Here are a few homeopathic treatments for this problem:
- Belladonna: It is one of the haemorrhagic cures. The flow is mostly dark red and hot and once in a while it comes as decayed blood. The related side effect is pain in the back. It is a decent solution for the initial phases of swelling. The blood is constantly overflowing.
- Crocus sativus: This cure is generally used by a large number of homeopathic doctors. It is one of the most effective cures in stopping excessive bleeding during the periods. The bleeding is extremely thick at times. The blood flow consists of threads or strings and is usually very dark.
- Erigeron: During the menstrual cycle, since the bleeding is dark and profuse, an important side effect, which is very common, is burning urine and irritation in the rectum. This is one of the symptoms that is particularly cured by this medicine.
- Ferrum met: Ferrum met is one of the cures that prevents haemorrhaging. Women who are having long and heavy periods that tend to come early are better off with this cure. The people who are weak and pale are the appropriate individuals for this cure.
- Cyclamen: It generally plays a very important part in female reproductive organs and helps in curing numerous infections that happen in the female reproductive system. During periods, the women have extreme pain that feels like they are in labour and the blood flow is thickened. After periods, they have swelling and tenderness in their breasts and sometimes also experience a milky secretion as well.
- Crotalus horridus: Delayed periods and the blood is usually a diluted, thin and light liquid. This kind of blood flow can also cause infections. This homeopathic medicine tends to treat the same and maintain a normal flow and colour of the blood. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Need information about intercourse in pregnancy. Till which month, intercourse is safe in pregnancy?
Hi doc. My last LMP was on 5th august 2016. And the earlier was on 15th july 2016. I took a home pregnancy test on 28th day of cycle and it came positive with one slightly faint line. I took a home pregnancy test again on 30th day of cycle but with different brand and it showed one dark c line and one t very faint line. What does it indicate? Am I am pregnant or not? I am worried because I had a miscarriage of 23 weeks fetus 6 months back.
Please help me Dr. Help krde bahot tension mei hu darr lg rha kahi mai pregnant to nahi. Koi Dr. Mujhe detail mei jwaab nhi de rha aap log Dr. Ho please help krdo. Mai unmarried hu isliye itna stress hai I know meri galti hai but please help me. I have an unprotected sex 2 times with my bf on 17 march and on 24 april. Uske bad 9 may ko mera periods aata hai but mere usual periods se bahot jyada hi difference tha it was just brown blood spotting and only for 3-4 days , mere periods hmesa se 25-26 din pr aate rhe hai kbhi aisa nahi hua or 6-7 din tk rhta hai. 9 may bad 2 june fir se 25 din bad hi mere periods aate hai but phir vaise hi brown bleeding bahot hi km bahot jyada km just a spotting. Or pichle 1 month se I feel early pregnancy symtoms like: headche , constipation , stomach pain, back pain, breast tenderness soreness, nipples tingles and most important white lotion type vaginal discharge. Maine may mei 3 bar urine test kra 1-1 week k gap pr sare negative aaye fir maine 9 june ko b-hcg test krwaya usme hcg (1.20) aaya. Fir maine ek gynaecologist ko bhi dikhaya unhone ultrasound kra btaya ki cysts hai. Medicine di or 10 injection di (placentrax injection) unhone kaha tha ab mera properly period aa jana chahiye ye sari medicine injection k bad. But ab to mera period hi nahi aaya spotting tk nhi hai koi 29 days ho gye hai already kbhi aisa nhi hua hai mere periods hmesa sahi se aate rhe hai.in sab k wajah se mai koi kam nhi kr pa rhi unmarried hu bahot tension mei hu meri training chal rhi jin Dr. Ko dikhaya tha unhe ab 26july k phle dikha tk nhi skti coz mai apni ca training k liye bahar hu kya kru plzz suggest me. Koi medicine hai kya jisse periods properly aa jaye jldi se jldi. Qki inn sari tension mei meri studies mera career sab spoil ho rha. please help me .
Endometriosis is a painful condition where the endometrium tissue lining the walls of the uterus, grows as implants outside the womb of the patient. This can lead to a number of painful conditions and is often considered as a common cause behind severe pelvic pain, as far as women are concerned. Here is all you need to know about Endometriosis and pelvic pain.
- Painful Menstruation: Depending on the stage of the condition, the implants could remain on the surface or go deeper into the ovaries which may cause acute and severe problem during ovulation as well as the menstrual cycles. This is one of the symptoms that one must not ignore. If you are having painful cramps that affect the pelvic area and the abdomen, and if these cramps last throughout the duration of the cycle, then there are strong chances that you are experiencing the pain that comes with Endometriosis.
- Pain During and After Intercourse: While there are many reasons why women may face pain during intercourse, it may be noted that vaginal and pelvic pain that come during and after intercourse could point towards the presence of Endometriosis, which is causing irritation and discomfort due to the implants.
- Bowel Movements and Urination: Usually, pelvic pain may trickle down to and also get activated by the bowels when there is a motion as well as urination. This is a common problem that can cause pain, which spreads throughout the region if the patient is suffering from Endometriosis.
- Bloating and Other Symptoms: When the abdomen and nearby regions face bloating due to the implants and their painful spread, the pelvic region as a whole bears the brunt in terms of severe pelvic pain. The bloating and other symptoms like loose motions and constipation can also create pain in the abdomen and pelvic region on a persistence basis. Sharp pains may also shoot up and down the lower back due to such symptoms which should not be ignored if they do not abate within a few days.
- Misdiagnosis: Many times, the bloating and pelvic pain may be linked with pelvic inflammatory disease, which causes pain in the muscles and joints. But if you are having pain in the abdomen as well as problems during your menstrual cycle, then it may be helpful to have the tests for Endometriosis done as well.
In order to diagnose the condition, the doctor must ensure that proper imaging tests like MRI and CT scans as well as an ultrasound with lab tests based on blood samples have been conducted. The pelvic pain that comes with this condition can be treated with the help of pain relievers like ibuprofen and aspirin.