Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ishika NainYour feedback matters!
I am 3 days overdue of my periods. Today morning I took pregnancy test. It doesn't worked out for me. But I am having small amount of light yellow color discharge. Is it a sign to get my periods?
Hi mam, mai hamesha se time pe periods hoti thi, 26 ko aur apne time pe ho jati thi, but is baar abhi tak mai periods me nahi hui hu, pls give solution.
I already had an ipill within less than 18 hours of sex while on medical. However, I also have PCOS issue and my last actual period was on 22nd November 2016 after which I saw spotting for a couple of time with a gap of 8 days each until 22nd December. Also, I have not not got my period with the normal flow after 22nd November. So jus to be sure if I am missing my period cz of PCOS or if the ipill has worked or not, how long do I wait for the period to happen considering the dates and irregularity of the period? I just want to be sure I am not pregnant.
I am a 18 years old female. I am pregnant. When I consult with a doctor she said I can't take the abortion pills because it's already completed. She suggested for an abortion from hospital. She said its a surgical treatment. My question is that: will that hurt? is it really simple. How long will it take? when can I leave the hospital? after the abortion I want to get my virginity back.
I'm 5 month pregnant lady now how to take care about my health as well as baby health. Food changes and Etc?
It's 6 month started of my wife she is pregnant the problem is that my wife always complaining me for back pain she says that every time her back is paining and also it's 6 month and she says that she not feels any movement in there so what's the matter why she not feeling any movement of baby We are so tensed for this Pls help.
I am having irregular periods since long time ,and also having back pain alot. Is my bk pain a reason of irregularity of periods. How cn this be cured. My age is 27.
I had gestation diabetes during pregnancy. Can I use lactonic granules to increase breast milk supply?
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medication: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.
Dear doctor, Before 6 months v got married. My wife had her periods on last Nov 14. Tomorrow (Jan 2) is her 50th day. But today (Jan 1) she feels her periods going to happen. But we expect lot about baby formation. She having irregular period. On last week Dec 30th we had pregnancy test using pregnancy card. It shows one thick line and one lite lite. Now it's time to her for her periods. Slightly periods started. So confused. My doubt is one thick line and one lite lite in pregnancy card. Whether it indicates positive pregnancy? During 50th day period can happen? How can we find ovulation period? Kindly give solutions and suggest few ideas to make pregnancy.
My sister is 25 years old. And her weight is 40 kg. She want to gain her weight. Can you give me some solution for her problem.
My wife is 4 months pregnant Wen she sleeps her left arm pain a lot, Her Vitamin D is 7 Units Please suggest.
14 day of completion of period .unsafe sex. Any chance of pregnancy. If any what to do to avoid pregnancy. 72 hours.
Hi sir when I'm having sex with my wife she is getting more pain and also when I ejaculate inside the vagina it's coming out from that after sometimes It happens 2/4 times. Is there any problem to my wife be pregnant.
Hi, I am 21 weeks pregnant with IVF and I got last scan in that placenta is 4.3 cm from cervix and they said it is low lying placenta. But I didn't got any bleeding or complications. Just I want to know that shall I travel to Bangalore from Delhi after 2 or 3 weeks is it safe for me. I am worrying so much about this .Please let me know. Thanks.
My periods are not on regular basis or in monthly periods. It takes more than 1 month. What should I do?
My Last cycle is on 6th June I started regestrone 5 mg on 21st June 3/Day for 3 days. As per My gums advice. My question is will my periods vl prepare or not? If nt what should I do?
As one of the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths for women globally, Ovarian cancer is a serious ailment. This type of cancer usually cannot be detected until it has spread considerably and causes significant damage. It affects the ovaries of women who are in their late fifties and upwards. Yet, careful screening and vigilance with the help of regular gynaecology check-ups can help in detecting and treating this potentially fatal disease. Read on to know what you may be missing during those crucial gynaecology check-ups!
- Screening Tests: Whether or not you are risk genetically or due to the environment, your annual gynaecology check-up must include Ovarian Cancer screening, which will basically try to look for the earliest signs and symptoms by studying the fallopian tubes and other areas for peritoneal screening for ovarian, fallopian and primary peritoneal cancer. The CA 125 Blood Test can also be used in order to detect this condition.
- Ovaries: During the screening and normal check-ups as well, ask your doctor to concentrate on the size, shape and consistency of the ovaries as well as the uterus. A pelvic exam will also be helpful in detecting even the smallest anomalies that can point at the existence of symptoms.
- Pap Test: It is a well-known fact that women over the age of 25 years and especially those who have been through childbirth even once, must get the Pap Smear Test done on a routine basis so as to rule out ovarian and cervical cancer. While this test may not be able to detect ovarian cancer for many cases, it can detect this kind of cancer in the more advanced stages.
- Bloating and Fluid Build-up: If you are experiencing various symptoms like edema or fluid retention and bloating in the area, then you may want your doctor to put you through a screening test for Ovarian Cancer screening. Usually, we tend to overlook these symptoms as a part of an infection or even normal menstrual cycle, but the detection of these symptoms must be followed up by proper screening.
- Ultrasound Wand: An ultrasound wand will be able to detect even the tiniest changes in the ovaries and the surrounding areas with the help of the TVUS test which can find a mass in the ovary. This can then be followed up by a biopsy to tell whether or not it is malignant.
Symptoms like too much of vaginal discharge and unusual amount of bleeding during the menstrual cycle should not go unnoticed or unreported and it is best to get a proper ultrasound done, followed by the various types of screening for this kind of cancer.