Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ishika NainYour feedback matters!
Hello Doc, can I take hot water bath before sleep in periods? Would it be useful for body ache due to periods?
I and my wife had unprotected sex on 15th January she had I pill after 3 hours of sex. Her actual period date is 22 January until now she has not had her periods is she pregnant or delay in periods?
What can b the best diet for post delivery lady. As I have delivered 9 days baby boy. I want to know what more important I should consume for my health and baby. As I have been confused with lot of traditional Indian myths.
My wife was worrying with a sensible illness, that is her left nipple edge was swollen with some pus secretion looks like a cancer tissue roughly. Even I am worrying a lot for her remedy solution. We have consulted a dermatologist recently about this problem, she had prescribed an ointment (mupirocin called morpy I. E I. P 2.0% w/w) but we found no change in that swelling and it was enlarging, our dermatologist suggested to consult a gynecologist in case if it not cured by that ointment. Please choose a remedy for this issue. We are expecting a hope for it from you.
Hi Sir, My girlfriend pregnancy confirmed yesterday this is 5th week i'm buying unwanted kit but how to use please tell me as soon as possible please.
I am not getting my periods. It has been 40 days since the last cycle. I had pineapple juice for 3 days still did not work. Is there any other home remedy that you can suggest? I was in a physical relationship 5 days after my last cycle.
Hello . I am 8 months pregnant. Since many days I have this acute pain on the pelvic area specially on the left side. The pain is increasing day by day
I am 26 years old girl I am 21 weeks pregnant. Due to my short cervix length (3.4cm) I had put cervical stitch. Is this safe to travel by car or flight?
Mam mai pregnant the or but ab medicine le to usse periods ho gaye h but jab test kar rahe h to ek line dark h or ek light h Kya mai abhe bhe pregnant hu.
Fetal Distress due to severe oligohydramnios ,doctor proceeds cesarean delivery ,my baby got respiratory distress syndrome and pulmonary hypertension 2 days after he died .why there was no water breaks before delivery.
She missed her periods but she was sexual active before that and we needs to know the early pregnancy symptoms as we don't want a child right now at this time. We used precautions too but once conceive without but not down into.
I have a problem we have a 5 year old daughter and now we trying to conceive last 1 year and between 1 year I was two time pregnant but I had miscarriage both time and I thought may be the reason is semen leak out of my vagina after inter course. So please help me.
If there is no period from 1.5 month and she is not pregnant then what is the problem going with her? and now what she need to do? is it a serious problem?
F 20 Shortly I was diagnosed with pcos problem as my mc is of 47-57 days. I had some hormone tests and they are all normal. Pls may I kno. Wht exactly the problem is. And how cn this be treated.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.