Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Isha KhuranaYour feedback matters!
I want to conceive and my periods are regular. Can I use folic acid tablets? In how many months we use folic acid tablets before pregnancy? What are precautions taken to become conceive?
I have undergone laparoscopic cholecystectomy 13 days ago. Can I eat adding some spices n oil in my vegetables.
How The 7 Chakras Influence Our Endocrinal System.
No matter how life started in our universe, ancient knowledge and modern quantum biology agree on this essential principle: matter does not generate mind or consciousness but quite the other way around. Consciousness manifests the physical form or matter. Life is a very personal experience to each one of us. Yet we all share its fundamental building blocks: our core energy centers, called chakras in Sanskrit. The word chakra means wheel or vortex. They are the junction points between matter and the mind, between our body and our consciousness.
They are seven main chakras, intersections of vital forces, swirling, expanding and contracting, as a column of 3D spheres of energy extending, in the middle of our body, from the base of our spine to the crown of our head. Chakras are the master programs running our emotional and physical lives, each one of them expressing different characteristics essentials to our growth and well being. Unsurprisingly the seven chakras interact with our body through the endocrine system (a seven gland system) which is one of the body’s main control mechanisms
. The following description provides more detail about the chakras, their location, the related glands and the characteristics they govern.
Crown chakra (Sahasrara, color violet): top of the head, pineal gland, spirituality and divine awareness.
Third eye chakra (Ajna, color indigo): between eyebrows, pituitary gland, intuition.
Throat chakra (Vishuddhi, color blue): throat area, thyroid, communication and self-expression.
Heart chakra (Anahata, color green): heart area, thymus, compassion, love, and healing.
Solar plexus chakra (Manipura, color yellow): navel area, pancreas, self will, self esteem, courage, and personal power.
Sacral chakra (Swadhisthana, color orange): genital area, ovaries, creativity, emotion and sensuality.
Root chakra (Muladhara, color red): base of the spine, gonads, safety and survival, sense of belonging.
When the flow of the subtle energy in one or more of the chakras becomes blocked, it affects our endocrine system, which produces the hormones that stimulate or inhibit physiological processes. And we may develop physical and mental illnesses. So when we look at it this way, we realize that a change in our consciousness does affect our physical body.
Biostress Imagery can attune, unblock and balance your chakras, providing emotional, physical and spiritual healing which ultimately leads to a stress-free total health.
Hi, my wife is pregnant and she is having 3.5 months according to ultrasound. Now what should be the balance diet for her. and what should be strictly prohibited for her ?
After miscarriage in jan'17, my wife's whole body is swelling (mainly below knee to ankle is swelling) n increasing weight, paining whole body. She tested thyroid recently but it is normal. What should she do? Should she do other test?
Hi I am a 25 year old married woman. We are not having children from past 4 years. When I tested, my fallopian tube is 2.1 cm in diameter was seen with infection/damage. I do not want to go for IVF, so any other cleaning type of process can be done to bring back to normal and get conceived.?
Due to menstrual irregularities, I have started consuming Apple cedar vinegar. Also I used it for hair too. But after consuming I got rashes or Hindi I can say its luk like ghamori. Wht to do? Do I need to stop consuming it.
Sir, I am shiv's sister. There is too much discharging from my vagina and it gives very bad smell and my clothes becomes yellowish that become shameful. What should I do? And I am not consulted with any doctor because I feel very shame and guilty.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 29 years old. Married for last 4.5 yrs. I got my last to last periods on 11th august n then on 30th august, while my date was on 11th september. & now from last 3 days, I am experiencing a different kind of pain in my lower abdomen. Is it a early sign of pregnancy?
Dear doctor. I want to have free sex without using condom. I want to have sex just 1 times. And not more than that. So to stop pregnancy how many tablets of saheli I should take. Will one tablet of saheli after sex will be ok. For not risking the pregnancy. Like I pills. Or I should take two. Or three. please suggest how much dose for one time inter course.
Dear doctor: Having 28-day menstrual cycle. Last period started on October 2, 2016 and lasted until October 5, 2016. Now, seen a little bleeding today morning (October 13, 2016, one week after the menstrual period). We are newly married (marriage date sep 4), trying to get pregnant and having daily intercourse. What might be the cause for bleeding and what is the possible time to get pregnant? Thank you.
Vitiligo: 10 Important Facts
Vitiligo is a disease in which the pigment cells of the skin are destroyed in certain areas.
Symptoms and signs of vitiligo include loss of skin color in the form of depigmented, or white patches of skin in any location on the body.
Vitiligo can be focal and localized to one area, or it may affect several different areas of the body.
The exact cause of vitiligo is unknown, although mostly believe that it is an autoimmune condition in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys certain cells within the body.
Most people who have vitiligo will develop the condition prior to age 40; about half develop it before age 20.
Vitiligo may have a genetic component, as the condition tends to run in families.
Vitiligo is not painful and does not have significant health consequences; however, it can have emotional and psychological consequences.
Some treatments can reduce the severity of the condition, but it can be difficult to cure.
There is no known way to prevent vitiligo.
There are some home remedies which may improve appearance.
Hello Doc, Mai last 3 times se hcg treatment le rahi hu but mai conceive hi nahi ho rahi hu asa kiyo?
Foreplay refers to the preliminary acts preceding the sexual intercourse. Foreplay isn’t given much importance although it is the crucial part of the entire sexual experience.
Why is it important?
From the biological perspective, it is extremely important, especially for a woman to indulge in foreplay. Foreplay enhances the arousal thus, causing the erection of the clitoris. The clitoris functions similar to that of the penis. The rushing of blood to the clitoris, leads to its erection which is necessary to achieve an orgasm. Foreplay also elicits vaginal wetness which makes the proceeding penetrative sex easier and painless for both, the man and the woman. The lack of vaginal wetness causes the sexual intercourse to be rather painful and sometimes involve some amount of bleeding. Contrary to the popular myth, foreplay is equally important for both the sexes. According to research, men and women both reported of achieving better orgasms when there was a greater build-up of sexual arousal.
From the psychological perspective, foreplay instills the feeling of security and causes less vulnerability. The lack of foreplay apparently gives a sense of being neglected and denies the emotional assurance needed by most. Research shows foreplay enhances the relationship of the couple outside the bedroom. Foreplay is essentially important in long term relationships as it helps in enhancing the feelings of togetherness. Foreplay is also important in letting the partner feel they have your attention and care. It is essential in instilling psychological security and emotional wellness.
Also, it is necessary to achieve mutual pleasure from the sexual act and hence, attention must be given to the need of both the partners for a fulfilling experience. Foreplay is important in achieving orgasm, especially for women who do not necessarily achieve an orgasm through penetrative sex. With everything said and done, there is nothing wrong with an occasional skipping of the foreplay if that is what both the partners want. It is important to see what each partner is getting out of the entire sexual experience and work according to it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am in 7 weeks pregnant. I had torch test and rubella-IgG is 3.07 and cytomegalovirus virus is 5.11. I had two times abortion previously. Doctor said that this time also I may get aborted. Kindly help.
I have irregular menstruations, not irregular it's come on the time but sometimes skip a month due to change in environment and always occur with low flow for 3 days without pain.
• Accept there is a no exchange-no return policy where your body is concerned! You have only one body – so make the most of it.
• Start with the top of your head and list the things about your body that you like – your hairs, eyes, shape of your nose, skin, ears, length of legs, ankles, shape of your fingers, etc.
• Look at ways of enhancing your best features and dressings to suit your body and size.
• List the things about your body that you would like to improve.
• Now list those improvements that are within your own control and require the intervention of a reasonable diet, or some lifestyle changes.
• Start making those changes and celebrate each step towards improving your body images.