Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indu TyagiYour feedback matters!
High Potassium Foods
- White Beans
- Dark Leafy Greens (Spinach)
- Baked Potatoes (With Skin)
- Dried Apricots
- Baked Acorn Squash
- Yogurt (Plain, Skim/Non-Fat)
- Mushrooms (White)
Yesterday only I got to know dat m pregnant. I want to know what precautions and care I should take in my diet n daily routine please advice.
My daughter is 15 years old she is only 145 cm hight and 37 kilo weight, during periods she also suffer from pain in legs, is it due to lack of calcium, can anyone suggest a solution her to improve her height?
Health benefits of fresh bael juice prepared at home in summers
1. Heart diseases:
Mix the juice of ripe bael fruit with some ghee. Include this mixture in your daily diet to prevent heart-related diseases like heart strokes and attacks. This can reduce blood glucose levels by nearly 54%.
2. Gastroprotection properties:
This magical juice can cure gastric ulcers that are caused due to the imbalance of mucosa levels or oxidative stress in gastric tract. The phenolic compounds present in this juice are filled with antioxidants to reduce gastric ulcers.
3. Cholesterol control:
Bael juice helps in cholesterol control and also reduces blood cholesterol levels. Bael juice controls triglycerides, serum and tissue lipid profiles.
4. Antimicrobial properties:
Bael juice has antimicrobial properties. The extracted juice is used to control fungal and viral infections. They have antimicrobial properties since the juice contains cumin aldehyde and eugenol in it.
5. Anti-inflammatory properties:
Bael juice contains anti-inflammatory properties that are used to reduce histamine-induced contractions. This also gives positive results to relax and sooth inflamed organs.
Bael fruit juice is best-consumed remedy to reduce constipation and stomach pain. This contains laxative properties to clean and tone the intestines. Drinking this regularly for 2-3 months will reduce sub-chronic constipation. You can mix this with sugar and drink twice a day to ease stomach pain for kids. Add some black pepper and salt to the juice to remove toxins from the intestines.
7. Dysentery and diarrhoea:
In Ayurveda, this is said to cure diarrhoea and dysentery without fever. You can also mix it with jaggery or sugar.
Drink bael fruit juice with honey to cure acidity. You can also apply this on your tongue to cure mouth ulcers. Drink bael juice before lunch or dinner to reduce heat and thirst from the body. This can be the best drink during the scorching
9 Respiratory problems:
The juice of bael fruit can cure respiratory problems such as asthma or cold. This also gives resistance to cold.
10 Control diabetes:
Bael juice contains laxatives that are helpful to control the blood sugar levels. It stimulates the pancreas and helps them in enough production of insulin that controls sugar level in the blood.
Dr. I just scanned before 2 days. Dr. said baby s 5 weeks and 6 days and gestational sac, yolk sac seen no heartbeat. Cervix is normal but this two days spotting grey and today spotting with red. Then what is my problem. I am really sad about this.
What is a wart? benign epidermal proliferations or tumors out of which some are viral in origin. It can be located anywhere in the body.
Why does a wart develop? warts are a result of infection with the DNA human papillomavirus (HPV). Different subtypes appear to be responsible for several different clinical wart variants.
How does virus transmit? transmission is by direct contact with the virus, in either living skin or fragments of shed skin and is encouraged by trauma and moisture.
Clinical features: common warts appear initially as smooth, skin - coloured papules. As they enlarge, their surface becomes irregular and hyperkeratotic, producing the typical warty appearance. They are most common n hands but may also be seen on the face, neck, genitalia and sun-exposed surfaces of arm and leg. Multiple warts are common.
Types of warts?
- Common warts, which often appear on your fingers
- Plantar warts, which show up on the soles of your feet
- Genital warts, which are a sexually transmitted disease
- Flat warts, which appear in places you shave frequently
Management in children, warts often goes away on their own. In adults, they tend to stay. If they hurt or bother or if they multiply, they are removed by either chemical skin treatments, various freezing, surgical and laser treatments. But they usually tend to reoccur.
How does homoeopathy treat differently?
Homoeopathy in cases of warts and any such type of viral infections make the body capable of fighting against these viruses. It helps to boost our immune system which in turns fight against this virus. Once treated with homoeopathy, there are very minimal chances of relapse also. The homoeopathic drugs are given as per the constitution of the patient and location of warts. Some of the frequently used medicines as per the position of the warts are:
- On face and eyelid: caust, calc. C, nit ac
- On hands: kali mur
- On palm: nat m
- In crop, rough: thuja
- Sides of fingers: calc. C, caust, sep.
- Cauliflower like upper lip: nit. Ac
- Smooth and soft: ant c
- Back of hands and fingers: dulc.
Homoeopathy has successfully treated many cases of warts and has annihilated the tendency of wart formation also when taken under proper supervision and by a qualified doctor only. Homoeopathy is free of side effects when taken after doctor's advice only.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor
I have taken mt kit but in sonography it was found that there is some residue in uterus.dr have adviced some more medicines. But till sometimes there is brown colored spotting seen what should i do?
I am always late 12 to 18 days late period from my actual date after my marriage .my age 27.hight 5'1.waight 65 kg.will i have problem to conceive?
I have checked pregnancy test 4 times within a month and every result I get negative but my wife's late period for a month. So what it means. Also I want to know about HCG test of different brands kit.can it provide a wrong results or not. What we should do about my wife's late period.
Doctor you can say me that is she pregnant? some allergies is found in her body, so doctor she is very nervous in situations, so please help me doctor. Is she pregnant? And if any woman is pregnant so how's her periods conditions?
I am 29 year old women and suffering pain in right side boob since last one month. I have verified by three doctors but no solution after getting pills it temporary relief but after some time it started again. Give me permanent solution.
I'm 23 years old female not getting pregnancy mine age 23 and husband age 35 married about 1 and half year. My lmp's are 22/1/16, 3/3/16, 11/4/16, 9/5/16, 12/6/16, 13/7/16 and my scanning report Impression: normal abdominal pelvic sonography. And thyroid function test T3-1.33ng/ml T4-8.57 mcg/DL Thyroid stimulating hormone-0.69mciu/ml am taking folic acid tablet and gynovit syrup about 3 months but medicine taken left in last month. My husband semen analysis report Sperm count-68millions/ml, Rapid progressive motility-70%, Slow/sluggish progressive motility-10%, Motility -20% Impression: normozoospermia. Is All reports are normal? These are our reports no period til today 10 days after missed period taking home pregnancy test taken but showing negative, is it agin to take test wn to take tell me Dr. Please? Otherwise wt is problem in me please tell me what to do is vegetarian is good for me and did I stop daily traveling please ans me Dr. Please Dr.
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I am getting married in two months recently I found a teared sought of meat inside the vagina is it hymen or the matter of concern.
My mother is 45 years old. She is having continuous menses from past 2 months. She consulted doctor's took medicines also but it is not stopping. Some days have heavy flow. What is the reason. Suggest any remedy.
What are freckles?
Freckles are little brown spots on the skin that are caused by the sun.
We all have pigment-producing cells in our skin called melanocytes. These melanocytes produce melanin pigment and feed it to the normal skin cells that form the outer barrier of the skin. When our melanocytes become damaged by the sun, we produce freckles, which are simply abnormal collections of melanin pigment in the skin.