Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Indu SharmaYour feedback matters!
Middle aged female prone to migraine having a headache since last night & taken one acilac 150mg & graenil. But today vomited thrice, not able take food. Even ors is also vomited. Now Drank tender coconut and taken Naxdom 250 an hour back. Is it food poisoning or related to migraine? What best can be done now? Any remedy is welcomed. Thanks in advance.
I im suffering from ed. My friend request me to use shivalik Indian kings oil. Does it will help . Shall I use it or tell which medicine shall I use it.
I have severe headache since two days. I have also taken pain killers but haven't work. Give me remedy.
How can I stop my nightfall It happens every 7th-8th day. And I am so slim for this. What I do for stop my nightfall.
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.
My name mohsin my baby do ometing one he drink a milk need some solution and she have a fiver as well.
Changing something as important as your cholesterol might seem an insurmountable task. Here nutritionist guy gives seven day-by-day tips to help you on your way.
Monday - Increase your fruit and veggie intake. They are rich in important nutrients, low in saturated fats and are cholesterol-free. They are also rich in fibre, which has a cholesterol-lowering effect. Aim to have at least five serves a day, and to eat a variety of different coloured fruits and veggies each day.
Tuesday - Reduce your intake of unhealthy fats. Saturated and trans fats raise blood cholesterol levels. Trans fats are the worst, so limit your intake of processed and fast foods. Choose low-fat dairy products, healthy oils such as olive oil, and flaxseed oil instead of butter. Trim fat from meat and skin from poultry.
Wednesday - Cook with olive oil, a source of healthy monounsaturated fats. It has a higher oxidation threshold than most monounsaturated oils and remains stable at higher temperatures, so is more resistant to hydrogenation and the formation of trans fats. Monounsaturated fats help to lower total cholesterol levels.
Thursday - Eat more garlic. Studies show that, as part of a low-fat diet, it can help reduce cholesterol levels - lowering levels of" bad" LDL cholesterol and raising 'good' HDL cholesterol. It also helps to thin the blood, which helps reduce the risk of heart attacks. Studies show countries that eat more garlic have lower rates of heart disease.
Friday - Eat more legumes. Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, beans, and peas are good for people with high cholesterol levels. They are low in fat and rich in nutrients such as b vitamins, iron, and unsaturated fats. They are also a rich source of soluble fibre, which helps to lower cholesterol levels.
Saturday - Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Whole oats are packed with heart-healthy dietary fibre and nutrients such as b vitamins, vitamin E, and iron. Oats are an excellent source of soluble fibre, which lowers cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease. Choose fibre-rich whole oats over quick oats.
Sunday - Snack on nuts. They are rich in unsaturated fats. Choose nuts that are higher in unsaturated (mono and poly) fats and lower in saturated fats. These include almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and pistachios. Try making up a trail mix with your favourite raw, unsalted nuts, dried fruit and a mix of seeds.
What are the symptoms of diabetes. My weight is 65 kg and my father is a diabetes patient. Is this disease genetic?
I cannot insert my penis in my wife's pussy because of the size and she is a virgin and can't bear the pain and also there is a problem of pre ejaculation. Even there is no sexual urge from my wifes side anytime. Pls guide.
I have paratoid gland enlargement. I seen a ent specialist he has given antibiotic for 5 days but it has not subsided. Kindly advise.
Hello sir/mam. My age is 57 years, I have undergone second time PTCA [LAD 100%] and [RCA 70%], 3 stunts have been introduced, earlier also I have undergone PTCA [LAD 95%]. I am DM+HTN patient, my present medicines are TAB CEFTUM 500MG / TAB BRILLINTA 90MG / TAB COLSPRIN 100MG / TAB ROZUKKA 20MG / TAB PINOM A / TAB CYBLEX M 60 XR / TAB DYTOR 10MG, my blood sugar level pp is 130 and BP is 120/80, I go for a regular brisk walk daily of 6 km, my driving is about one an a half hour daily, my problem is long breathing after luch, BP shoots up upto 150/90, less sleep and heavy stomach after lunch and dinner, some times small pain in left hand, I feel tired and exhausted in the evening, my office work is supply chain management which requires 8-10hours daily which is heavy stressful work. Please suggest how can I regain my normal life.
My friend is suffering with gastric trouble can you say that precaution to be follow to solve the problem.
I am having the problem of radiculopathy at c5/c6 and have been advised to take pain Management injection but I am afraid that I will get well after this procedure. Is there any other treatment for this? Kindly advice.
I have lots of pain in my head for last few days what I do I am in big problem so what I can do please tell me.
Hi doc, my wife is 6 months pregnant and I want to know can we have sex or not if yes then till which month we can have?
I am suffering from IBS, a gut brain axis problem.in my case it leads intestinal swelling and constipation, though there is no abdominal pain&inflammation. Problem occur severe frequently. Levosulpiride 25 mg, a medicine, an antagonist of dopamine D2 receptor is used to cure problem that relieve for a little time. My question-is there any permanent cure of this type of IBS ?
Does your baby’s skin taste too salty when you kiss him or her? Did he or she not poop after being born? These symptoms indicate cystic fibrosis in your baby, which is a condition that changes the way your body makes sweat and mucus. It also affects the functioning of the lungs and digestive system. The condition occurs from a flawed gene. If you have cystic fibroids, your mucus may be too thick or your sweat can be too salty. Heavy mucus clogging in your lungs may affect your ease of breathing. This is a serious and life-threatening disease, but it affects different people in different ways.
The gene known as CFTR is present in everybody. It makes a protein which controls the amount of salt and water that are moved in and out of the cells of the body. In case of cystic fibroids, the CTFR gene is broken, which occurs if you inherit two bad copies of the gene. A bad CFTR gene may lead your cells to make the wrong amount of water or salt. This makes the body incapable of getting sufficient oxygen and nutrients, as the body loses them via sweating.
Apart from the primary symptoms, several other symptoms are also likely due to cystic fibroids. The common symptoms which your child may experience are as follows:
- Coughing up thick mucus, wheezing and shortness of breath
- Sinus infections, pneumonia, or very frequent bronchitis
- Development of polyps in the nose
- Bulky, oily and foul-smelling stool
- Low bone density, widening and rounding of the fingertips and weight loss
- In later life, cystic fibroids may cause liver disease, gallstones or pancreatitis.
There is no specific treatment for cystic fibroids. Several treatments are followed for relieving the symptoms and help patients feel better, breathe easier and have lesser infections or stomach problems.
- Airway clearance technique can help you with breathing as the mucus from the lungs is cleared in the process. There are several ways to undertake airway clearance and special devices can be used for assistance.
- Several inhaled drugs such as salt solutions, steroids and antibiotics are used in thinning the mucus, clearing the lungs and fighting infections.
- Several medicines are used for fighting the inflammation and reducing swelling in the lungs.
- In case your pancreas are not working properly, you can take enzyme pills for digesting proteins and fats for absorbing more nutrients from the food you take.
- Vitamin A, E and D supplements provide the nutrients, which your intestine cannot absorb.
In case you experience the symptoms of cystic fibroids, you should consult a doctor immediately. This will allow you to go for an early diagnosis and effective treatment.