Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Indu Mongia
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indu MongiaYour feedback matters!
Sweet's syndrome is when you suffer from fever as well as painful skin lesions. These skin lesions usually appear on your head, arms and neck. The cause of Sweet's syndrome is still not known. However, it is known that certain medications, illnesses and infections are a possible trigger for Sweet's syndrome. Sweet's syndrome is such a condition that the symptoms usually go away in a few days but it may come back later on. To know exactly what causes Sweet's syndrome and what the symptoms of it are, read on.
Causes and Risk Factors:
As mentioned earlier, the exact cause of Sweet's syndrome is not known. However, there are certain factors which put you more at risk of getting it than others. Here they are:
- Gender: It has been proven that women are much more likely to get Sweet's syndrome than men.
- Age: The young and the elderly are at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome. However, if you are in between 30 and 60 years of age you are especially at risk.
- Illnesses: If you have an upper respiratory infection or inflammatory bowel disease then you are more likely to get Sweet's syndrome compared to others. Flu-like symptoms also put you more at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome compared to others.
- Pregnancy: It has been seen that pregnancy increases your risk of getting Sweet's syndrome.
- Drugs: As mentioned earlier, certain antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as well as azathioprine are all linked to Sweet's syndrome.
- Small Red Bumps: As mentioned earlier, the main symptom of Sweet's syndrome is that you will develop small red bumps on your neck, arms or head. The size of the bumps tend to increase quickly and then they spread into painful clusters.
- Fever: A fever is also very symptomatic of Sweet's syndrome. The small red bumps usually appear abruptly after you get a fever.
- Upper Respiratory Infection: The small red bumps also appear abruptly after you have got an upper respiratory Infection.
It should be noted that Sweet's syndrome is often associated with cancer and has commonly been linked to leukemia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine that is holistic in nature. The focus of Ayurvedic treatments is on improving your overall well-being, in addition, to curing the symptoms of the disorder. When it comes to keeping your body healthy, Ayurveda is your best bet. Its holistic nature makes it very potent in improving your body’s immune system so that your body is fighting fit and free of diseases.
Here are some Ayurvedic tips to stay healthy:
- Eat healthily: The food you consume plays a vital role in your health. Different foods have different constituents which affect the body in different ways. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet as they contain necessary vitamins and minerals which are required for the body to function properly. Avoid eating junk food that contains hidden sugars and fats as they can wreak havoc on your body’s functioning.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise has numerous benefits for your body. From keeping your joints healthy to reducing risks of heart diseases, it does wonders for you. Take up a form of cardiovascular exercise such as swimming or running to keep your heart in good shape. Yoga is another form of exercise that is very good for your joints.
- Limit stress: Nothing is as bad for your overall health as stress. It causes chemical changes in the body which make you susceptible to various diseases, both psychological and physiological. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation as it calms and soothes the mind. Simple breathing techniques are also a good way to combat stress.
- Avoid alcohol consumption: Excessive alcohol consumption can increase weight and make you susceptible to diseases such as liver and heart problems.
- Avoid smoking: Like alcohol, smoking is another habit that you need to quit, if you haven’t already. Smoking causes the blood vessels in the body to narrow, resulting in impaired blood circulation.
- Adopt healthier habits: Simple healthy habits such as drinking a cup of lemon juice with warm water in the morning go a long way in keeping you healthy. Lemon is a good source of Vitamin C; consuming it after you wake up provides a boost to your body’s energy levels. Another simple habit you may consider is drinking 2-3 liters of water every day to keep your body hydrated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 27 years old male. I married about 5 years but I have no child. I visit local doctor but I get no solution and we also can not share to anyone, so please help me.
Why do breast sag? Is sagging of breast is a problem? What are the precautions to be taken to cure it?
A phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation, according to the American Psychiatric Association (APA). More often than not, phobia involves a sense of endangerment or a fear of harm. For example, somebody suffering from agoraphobia will dread being trapped in an inescapable place or situation.
Here, we discuss 10 most common phobias that people suffer from:
1. Agoraphobia: It is a phobia which is quite common. Almost 2 percent Americans are victims of agoraphobia. It is a fear of open or crowded spaces. It creates a vicious cycle and the sufferer gets panic attacks when nearing any event that necessitates facing such circumstances.
2. Acrophobia: It is a fear of heights. It is an irrational fear of heights or the fear of falling. Close to 10 percent people in the U.S. suffer from acrophobia. In severe cases, a victim may even suffer panic attacks.
3. Aerophobia: It is the fear of flying. Almost 6.5 percent of the world's population has this fear. This phobia is closely linked with agoraphobia and claustrophobia (fear of small and restricted spaces). In extreme cases, this may affect a person's professional and personal life when air travel becomes inevitable.
4. Mysophobia: It is a fear of germs. This fear is also akin to obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). A person may suffer from both these disorders at the same time. Sufferers often become isolated in mysophobia.
5. Claustrophobia: The fear of small spaces, this phobia is common as 5-7 percent of the world population suffers from claustrophobia. This phobia is related to fear of suffocation or the fear of restriction. Very few sufferers seek treatment in this phobia and majority of them go untreated.
6. Cynophobia: The fear of dogs is called cynophobia. Many people fear dogs and there is no harm in that. But cynophobia is an extreme and uncommon fear about dogs. It is one of the most common animal phobias in the world. It is estimated that about 36 percent of the sufferers seek treatment for cynophobia.
7. Trypophobia: It is the fear of holes. It sounds absurd to be afraid of holes, but for a trypophobe the mere sight of a hole is enough to press the panic button as he becomes quite restless and almost reaches on the verge of a collapse.
8. Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightning is called astraphobia. It is true that thunderstorm and lightning can make even the brave run for cover, but for an individual suffering from astraphobia, it is altogether a different case. Starting in childhood, this fear can continue into adulthood.
9. Ophidiophobia: The fear of snakes is known as ophidiophobia. One may think how fearing snakes can be termed as a phobia as almost everyone is scared of snakes. But for people who suffer from this phobia, it becomes impossible to indulge in hiking, camping and related activities.
10. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders afflicts a lot of people in the society with 30.5 percent of them dwelling in the U.S. alone. This is an extreme fear of spiders and other arachnids like scorpions. This causes a lot of embarrassment to the victims.
A little of fear and phobia is normal. However, when it goes beyond control and begins to affect the daily activities of a person, it becomes a concern. Phobias are mental conditions which qualify for intervention. One should see a psychiatrist if faced with an extreme phobia of any kind. In fact, phobias are mostly related to anxiety disorder in a person.
Allopathic medicine seems to be the de facto choice when it comes to treating emergency issues, and this fact does have merit backing it up. However, when a person has a reasonably inconsequential issue; homoeopathic medicine is the way to go!
Acromegaly is a situation in which there is an excess of the growth hormone produced. The good news is that is treatable, but while it is so, the diagnosis is not always correct, in many of the cases. This leads to a delay in the treatment and a long time for Acromegaly to have its effects, which progressively get worse. Most people who get Acromegaly notice their hands and feet getting bigger. This usually starts off by a person’s ring not fitting on as smoothly as it used to or his or her shoes feeling a bit tighter than they were earlier.
When a person is looking for ways to treat the condition of Acromegaly that he or she has the unenviable prospect of having to face, it can be said that while there are cures in various fields of medicine, homeopathy can be said to be the most comprehensive way to treat all issues a person may experience when it comes to his or her health. The reason for this is the fact that unlike many other forms of medication which look to either just suppress the issue which is at hand or to direct the problem to be solved, homoeopathy is one of the few philosophies which is comprehensive enough to evaluate the entire body. This allows for a person to get better overall, rather than fire-fighting one health problem and soon finding himself or herself back at the doctor’s office in order to address the next one.
Finding cure in Homeopathy!
It is true that the common medicines which have a root in homoeopathy are made use of to treat Acromegaly. One of these happens to be pitu-gl while another is carcinosin. While the names may not be all that easy to pronounce, it can be said that the efficacy that these medicines have made them all the more worthwhile. These medicines have come as an answer to all the uncertainties and questions related to the treatment of acromegaly.
While it is true that Acromegaly can be a sticky condition to have to deal with but with homoeopathy, the improvement is almost at hand! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.