Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indu KhuranaYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old & I'm trying for pregnancy my last day of period was 1st sept & I miss my period this month yesterday I do normal sonography & my doctor write pcos in both side I'm confused is m pregnant or not.
hi, I have a question.. I am 12 week 4 days pregnant but sometimes I feel pain in my lower abdomen and my belly is still not grown as the other women..is it normal..please help..
Hlo sir, I had sex with my partner and the semen did not get into the vagina. And I had pregnancy tests as well the it showed me that I am not pregnant I did it twice. After sex one day after I had a water like fluid secretion and then after a day I had bloody like fluid section once then nothing. Now the matter is this I am not getting my periods. My actual date for the periods was 23 march but I didn't get it now. What should I do and qhat is the reason behind this. Thanks. Also I did thyroid test its result is high then normal i.e 7.80.
I start taking mala d first time after second day of finishing period and taken the pill 6 days continuously at the same time after six pill taken we had intercourse without protection can I become pregnant? The pill is still taking on time every day.
I had an intercourse to yesterday with a partner but I did it without taking condom .and her periods ended of two days before i.e 23 of june .Are there chances of conceiving or should sge contraceptives.
Hello doctor, I am 33 weeks pregnant. Doctor says my baby size is small than normal. Taken nutritious diet and im in rest completely. Please suggest how will I increase my baby weight within last 2 month.
Me n my gf do some play on Dec 17,18 …& 22. But didn't do sex at all. I insert my fingers to her vagina for several and long times. She have my semen several times. On first day my semen go outside. But she touch with her fingers and rub with paper. And then two days she have it... .last month her periods was 21 Nov. Till Now Dec 29 she didn't have periods. Whats the reason beyond this? She is 9 days late. There is no body symptoms in her body. Only Tiredness there. And her body is so heat now a days. Can you help me what problems happen. What we can do for periods?
I am 39 years old. I had rheumatoid arthritis 2 years ago. With prompt medication and proper exercises it subsided. But I have put on weight rapidly with b12, injections in just 2 months. I have put on 12 kgs in 2 months. And am not able to shed off that exrra weight. My periods are regular. I am putting on lot of weight. If I exercise I dont gain weight but at the same time am not losing weight. I have also noticed I am getting acne now at this age. What should I do?
I am 29 years old. My hubby is unsatisfied vd mi because my vaginas is very loose. Wt should I do now?
I got married 6 years ago. I unable to bear a child. Consulted a doctor. Came to know that I had pcod and twist in right tube. Had undergone Laparoscopy. Now its been more than six months, my periods are irregular and had a very scanty flow and that is only for 2-4 hours. Blood is black and almost dry. What should I do to get pregnant.
PGS or Pre-implantation Genetic Screening is a test conducted to decipher the chromosome count of the embryo. Today, if you are planning to get pregnant or using alternative technologies for pregnancy; there are several tests that need to be conducted so that the child is born healthy and stable. One such test is the PGS, it determines whether or not the count of chromosomes is normal, which is forty six, is present in the embryo. If there are abnormal numbers of chromosomes present in the embryo then it might lead to additional problems in the future. In such cases, special treatments and procedures are conducted.
There are several advantages of PGS. Some of them are highlighted in details below.
- Healthy pregnancy: Interestingly, a man can produce sperms throughout his lifetime. But a woman is born with the eggs already created. The chances of producing a healthy baby with those eggs decrease as the age of the woman increases. It is seen that those women who think of delivering a child in their older ages are often found with chromosome deficiencies in the embryo. Thus, to avoid such a situation, it is best to perform PGS.
- Reduces the chance of miscarriage: Pregnancies which occur without having performed any prior tests like the PGS have high chances of resulting into a miscarriage at the slightest of carelessness. But research has found that those pregnancies which take place after considering the chromosomal health of the embryo have reduced the risk of being abnormally terminated.
- Time reduction between two IVF Circles: For those who do not know IVF stands for In-Vitro Fertilisation. It is a process which aids a woman in becoming pregnant. It is often opted by those who are having issues in naturally conceiving a child. PGS here plays an important role. If the test detects abnormal embryo, then the next IVF circle can be started right away without wasting any time. But if the PGS detects a normal embryo then the IVF circle is deemed to be successful and the woman can continue with the pregnancy.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening. This helps to determine whether the embryo is of the desired choice or not and whether the baby born out of it would be healthy and normal. It is one of the tests which need to be conducted preceding implantation to provide better results after the implantation process is carried out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Ladies after menopause should compulsorily take calcium and Vitamin-D supplements. Is it necessary? I am 44 now & menopause at 42. My current serum calcium lvl - 9.0 & 25-OH Vitamin-D - 25.7. Very often I used to get joint pains. Intake of calcium & Vitamin-D tablets will cause side effects. Please advise.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The Ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.