Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Indu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. InduYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I am 20 years old and before my mc date comes my breast starts paining 2 weeks before only and I can't bare it and hand also pains I have remove my bra at home please tell me why it is happening and please give me some solutions for that I get very tired bcoz of that pain I feel like to take rest all the day.
Had a chemical pregnancy from first iui. So I miscarried last week. Can I conceive normally now. My ob said to skip knew cycle to give rest to uterus. Are there any chances now I won't have chemical pregnancy again! suffering from pcos. Had iui on 13th feb.
I am 19 years old and have given birth to a baby boy. I want to ask the question relating about postnatal bleeding. I had postnatal bleeding for 25 days and it got stopped for 8 days and again started and it's 5th day now and am getting excess bleeding along with blood clots. Is it normal?
Mam I was breastfeeding my son. Now I stopped it. My breasts are sagging how to make it normal. If I wear tight bra will it become normal?
Its been 2 years we r physical. But now a days my girlfriend experiences lil blood during our intercourse. Its bleeding frm past 2-3 months 1st it was very lil lyk jst 2-3 spots of bloods on d condom bt nw a days it bleeds too much. Wat should we do and why is it happening?
After how many weeks of Medicine abortion, I can sexually involve with my partner? And also tell me how to count abortion weeks. Is it from the date on which I took my medicine or from which I got bleeding?
A Brief Introduction to Manage Phobias
Fear of an object or a situation is a very natural human emotion that all of us undergo on a day to day basis. The basic difference between a normal fear and phobia is that, a phobia is kind of an unreasonable fear that is not associated with evidence and that would subside eventually over a period of time. This kind of irrational fear generally does not have an impact on the quality of the person's life. People with phobias try to avoid what they are scared of. If they are not able to ignore it, they undergo various physical and physiological complications.
Types of Phobias
- Phobias related to natural surroundings like storms, lighting etc.
- Animal Phobias: Being scared of dogs, spiders and other creatures.
- Phobias due to fear of causing harm to the body, such as fear of choking, or hurting oneself.
- Circumstantial phobias such as getting caught in the elevator, being scared of flying, heights etc.
- Apart from these, people may also experience major depression disorders, anxiety disorder, stress and extreme anger.
Cause for Phobias
The exact reason is unknown, but it can be related to certain chemicals in the brain and nervous system or can even be due to genetic disorders in the body.
- Shortness of breath, unrhymed heartbeats
- Hot flushes
- Nauseas, dizziness or frequent visits to the restrooms.
- Psychological symptoms such as fear of fainting, choking or dying.
Recommended Ayurvedic Treatment:
1. Lemon: Nausea and dizziness due to phobia can be eliminated by intake of lemon in any form. Even the mere smell of lime is very effective in treating phobia related symptoms.
2. Essential Oils: Oil extracts of herbs such as chamomile, juniper, jasmine, lavender and germanium haven proven to calm the central nervous system as they have sedative properties. They can be used while bathing or by applying some oil in the temple region.
3. Ashwagandha: Commonly known as 'Indian ginseng', it is a unique herb that has numerous properties that are beneficial to the nervous system. It has anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory and anti-stress characteristics which boosts the physical and mental performance of the human body.
4. Brahmi: It is a well-known herb that is predominantly used for treating memory and concentration problems. When consumed it enhances the recollecting and retaining capacity of the brain.
5. Oil Massage: Rubbing some Bhringaraj or coconut oil on the scalp and soles of the feet during night, is sure to calm down the nerves of the body.
6. Some Home Remedies: Applying ghee into the nose is extremely effective to calm the mind as it has smoothing and nurturing properties.
7. Yoga: Practice yoga postures such as camel, cobra and boat.
Panchkarma Therapies for Stress:
This therapy helps to expel the toxins and harmful substances from the body and also improves blood circulation. Some of the commonly used techniques are as follows:
Snehapanam: Oral intake of herbs such as neem, sandalwood and amlaki along with ghee or butter.
Sirodhara: Warm essential oils are made to flow over the forehead of the person followed with gentle massaging.
A well moisturized and hydrated skin is a thumb rule for a healthy skin. Dry and flaky skin is not only discomforting and unpleasant to look but is also prone to many skin problems. Dry skin or xerosis dermatitis is more common among elderly. Dry skin can cause the skin to crack making it susceptible to infections. Constant scratching of dry skin due to itching is further harmful and can cause thickening and darkening of the skin. Extreme temperature especially winter with cold, dry and chilly winds can be harsh on the skin and disturb its pH level, thus causing skin problems.
One of the most common skin problems from dry skin is Eczema. Eczema, generally acquired in childhood is an inflammatory reaction of the skin causing the skin to become red and itchy followed by crusting and scaling. Treatment of eczema is usually a combination of creams and drugs. However, eczema does not go away that easily and its relapse rate remains quite high.
Exposure to sun for long hours can also lead to drying of the skin. Apart from this use of harsh soaps and chemical based products or prolonged use of cosmetics on the skin can inhibit the ability of skin to retain moisture.
Dry skin tends to age faster as it is prone to wrinkles. A wrinkled skin loses its charm and elasticity. The whole concept of anti ageing revolves around keeping the sun hydrated and moisturized.
Many skin problems can be prevented only by following a good skin care routine. Others may require a long-term medical treatment. Let’s look at some simple and useful ways to prevent and manage dry skin:
Water: Water is not only a natural cleanser for the skin but helps in maintaining an optimum moisture level of the skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Steam baths: A warm water bath or a steam bath can help relieve skin of dryness.
Oiling of the skin: People with dry skin benefit more from oiling than the use of regular moisturizers. Oiling creates a protective layer on the skin preventing it from drying for longer hours. Use of almond, olive or coconut oil is effective is treating dry skin problems.
Prolonged use of room heaters: Heaters snatch moisture from the surrounding environment including your skin leaving it dull and dry. Thus sitting in heated rooms for long can dehydrate skin and must be avoided as far as possible.
Water-rich fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables, especially, water-rich like watermelon, bottle gourd etc. can help replenish moisture. Eat plenty of those to fight dryness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
- potatoes are rich in vitamin a, c, b6, copper & manganese.
- helps controlling blood sugar levels.
- best energy producing veggie.
- resists stroke and heart attack.
- reduces inflammation.
- lever cleansing.
Also are many more benefits of it. For more tips/advices search for ssohm.