Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. InduYour feedback matters!
I'm 46,l was not getting periods for past 3 months, before I had irregular periods, Is this the periods ends?
We can differentiate between the milk from a cow or a buffalo by looking at its color and thickness. While being different from one another in terms of composition and richness, both cow and buffalo milk possess properties that give them their unique nutritional value and health benefits. Including them in your daily diet can help you to stay fit and strong. Here's a look at what they offer, and which one can be the most appropriate for you:
1. Fat content - It's the fat content of these two milks that instantly make them different from one another. Of the two, buffalo milk has a higher percentage of fat content, which keeps your stomach fuller for a long time. On the other hand, cow's milk is easier to digest due to its low-fat content. When it comes to the fat percentage in buffalo milk, on an average it is two times more than that of cow milk. So, if the average fat content in cow milk is 3-4% that of buffalo milk is about 7-8%.
2. Protein content - Buffalo milk contains more protein in comparison to cow milk, which can make it more difficult to digest. It comes with a protein content that is in the range of 4.2%-4.5% and is 11% higher than that of cow milk.
3. Cholesterol content - Cholesterol levels differ in both the milk, with buffalo milk being significantly lower in cholesterol. While buffalo milk has a cholesterol content of 0.65 mg/g, cow milk records 3.14 mg/g of cholesterol.
4. Water content - Cow milk reports higher water content compared to buffalo milk. This is because it contains fewer solids with about 90% of the milk being composed of water. It's this high water percentage that gives cow milk its hydrating quality.
5. Calorie content - Since buffalo milk comes with more proteins and fat, it has more calories. For every 100ml of buffalo milk, you consume about 100Kcals. On the other hand, cow milk contains about 70 Kcals.
If you're on a diet to lose weight and improve your metabolic processes, cow milk would be the most appropriate option as it is low in fat, protein and calorie content. On the other hand, if you want to gain weight and strengthen weak bones, buffalo milk is what you should have daily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 27 years old female I am suffering from pcod and thyroid so I am taking thyronorm 37.5 mcg my tsh value is 2.71 after taking thyronorm. My lh is 6.11, fsh is 5.15, prolactin 27.92 and hb is 11. My doctor has prescribed me metformin 500 mg twice daily. I want to know how long I have to take these medicine I have been taking it since 6 mths. Kindly help me. I am frustrated.
My period is stop for last month and I have 7 month new born baby. I thought that I am pregnancy once again but by check through kit last week I found negative what was reason for this.
People who regularly work out can go on about its benefits and also show off a toned physique. However, a bad or improper movement can be more harmful than no exercise at all. Read on to know some common exercise moves that are best avoided for their potential harmful effects.
- Dumbbell punches: By holding dumbbells and punching them forward into the air, you are just spending your energy with absolutely no return from it. It is good as a conditioning one if done for a long time, but does not help the shoulders or the arms. Bicep curls and triceps extensions yield much better results than these punches.
- Shoulder Shrugs: The only muscle that gets worked here is the trapezius, which is at the top of the shoulders and the neck. The arms and the back do not get any benefit and shoulder shrugs can actually cause postural problems and increase shoulder tension. Best avoided if you are not a professional bodybuilder.
- Thigh machines: One of the most ineffective machines in the gym, the poor posture and no workout for the abs is one of the reasons the outer and inner thigh workouts should be avoided. Better results can be achieved with squats and lunges, which also help more muscles and help in losing weight.
- Plank rows: While plank rows or board lines work very well for core strengthening, it is not as effective for back and arm strengthening. Better results are achieved with the usual lines for these areas.
- Lat pull-downs behind the neck: This can be very harmful for people who have even minor shoulder joint problems. The idea is to build arm, torso, and back muscles by pulling a weighted bar down the front and back of the chest area. This can cause misalignment, shoulder impingement, or a tear in the rotator cuff, and in severe cases, even cervical vertebral fracture.
- Military Presses Behind the Head: Similar to a lat pull-down, here also, a barbell is lifted up and down behind the head and can cause the same problems as the earlier one, including fracture of the cervical spine.
- Squatting on a bosu ball: These colorful equipment are very alluring but can be really dangerous and can cause ankles and knees to be injured, causing meniscal tears or disruptions.
- Crunches: When improperly done, crunches produce the same position as one achieves while working on the computer - head forward and rounded shoulder. Crunches are meant to be done by pulling up on the head and not using the abs, as most people incorrectly do.
Make sure you get a trainer's advice on the right ways to work out so as to get the maximum benefits and avoid injuries.
Meri wife ko 22 march ko 4 am pe period start hua tha main kitne din bad or kab uske sath intercourse kar sakta hu or koi problem na ho.
I got married 7 months back. I am trying to conceive from last 6 months. But nothing could be happen. 1 or 2 times I felt morning sickness, weakness in body even I'll not able to do any work properly. At that time my periods delayed 2-3 days and after that I had clots in bleeding with allot of lower abdomen pain. Can you please explain me what's going wrong here?
I am a 71 year old man, healthy, active and strong. When having sex with wife, I prolong to make her reach her climax as she has circumcised her clitoris and labia minor. It takes time. But in the bargain, my corona becomes numb PERHAPS and do not reach climax, in the end! Please tell me whether it could be from Prostate, or else?
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!
Hi Warm Greeting!!! My Question is to Gynecologist... When Can I have 2nd Ultrasound in my Pregnancy. I am in my 16th Week of Pregnancy. I have done through all the prescribed checkup at 7th Week and everything was absolutely right. Please guide on this.
There is now a great deal of scientific knowledge about the use of nutritional supplements and their beneficial effects on both male and female fertility. As you will see, these supplements can be very effective in re-balancing your hormones, as well as improving you and your partner’s overall health, which are so vital for successful conception.
Scientific research has shown that certain vitamins and minerals can increase your chances of getting and staying pregnant. In order to maximise your chances of conceiving it is very important that you and your partner are in optimum health. By eliminating nutritional deficiencies and improving sperm production and mobility you can dramatically increase your chances of getting pregnant. In order to do this it is essential that you are obtaining the right nutrients and in the right quantities to enhance your success.
Supplements are necessary because even the best diet in the world mayl not contain all the nutrients you need to give you the best chance of conceiving.
It is now known that folic acid can prevent spina bifida in your baby, and it is essential that you get plenty both before and during pregnancy. And that’s not all: folic acid is undoubtedly important, but it is just part of the very important b-complex family of vitamins that are necessary to produce the genetic materials dna and rna, not only of the egg but also the sperm. Together with vitamin b12, folic acid works to ensure that your baby’s genetic codes are intact. Remember: it’s not enough to take folic acid alone when you are trying to become pregnant. All of the b vitamins are essential during the pre-conceptual period. Research has shown that giving b6 to women who have trouble conceiving increases fertility and vitamin b12 has been found to improve low sperm counts.
Zinc is the most widely studied nutrient in terms of fertility for both men and women. It is an essential component of genetic material and a zinc deficiency can cause chromosome changes in either you or our partner, leading to reduced fertility and an increased risk of miscarriage. Zinc is necessary for your body to ‘attract and hold’ (utilise efficiently) the reproductive hormones, oestrogen and progesterone.
And it’s equally important for your partner: zinc is found in high concentrations in the sperm. Zinc is needed to make the outer layer and tail of the sperm and is, therefore, essential for the health of your partner’s sperm and, subsequently, your baby. Interestingly, several studies have also shown that reducing zinc in a man’s diet will also reduce his sperm count.
Selenium is an antioxidant that helps to protect your body from highly reactive chemical fragments called free radicals. For this reason, selenium can prevent chromosome breakage, which is known to be a cause of birth defects and miscarriages. Good levels of selenium are also essential to maximise sperm formation. Blood selenium levels have been found to be lower in men with low sperm counts.
Omega 3 fatty acids
These essential fats have a profound effect on every system of the body, including the reproductive system and they are crucial for healthy hormone functioning. Omega 3 fatty acids also control inflammation which may interfere with getting and staying pregnant. For men essential fatty acid supplementation is crucial because the semen is rich in prostaglandins which are produced from these fats. Men with poor sperm quality, abnormal sperm, poor motility or low count, have inadequate levels of these beneficial prostaglandins.
Many of the women I see in the clinic have been taking evening primrose oil supplements – an omega 6 fatty acid – for years and have not been eating enough omega 3 oils, or taking them in supplement form, to counterbalance this. Some women are also taking combinations such as omega 3, 6, and 9 in supplement form because they have heard that we need a good balance of all the omega fatty acids. This is true, but you have to take into account what your own levels may be in the first place. It is no good adding in more omega 6 if you have already got enough or in fact too much in your body. (you can now have a blood test to tell you if you have the correct levels of omega 3 to omega 6 in your body see below). To check whether you have sufficient levels of omega 3 please click omega 3 deficiency test (at home finger prick blood)
Vitamin e is another powerful antioxidant and has been shown to increase fertility when given to both men and women. Men going for ivf treatment with their partners have been given vitamin e, and fertilisation rates have, as a result, increased from 19 to 29 percent. It has been suggested that the antioxidant activity of vitamin e might make the sperm more fertile.
Vitamin c is also an antioxidant, and studies show that vitamin c enhances sperm quality, protecting sperm and the dna within it from damage. Some research has indicated that certain types of dna damage in the sperm can make it difficult to conceive in the first place, or it can cause an increased risk of miscarriage if conception does take place. If dna is damaged, there may be a chromosomal problem in the baby, should the pregnancy proceed. Whether or not dna damage does have these effects has not been conclusively proven, but it’s worth taking vitamin c and the other antioxidants as a precautionary measure.
Vitamin c also appears to keep the sperm from clumping together, making them more motile.
One study has shown that women taking the drug clomiphene to stimulate ovulation will have a better chance of ovulating if vitamin c is taken alongside the drug. Clomiphene does not always work in every woman, but the chances are often increased when vitamin c is supplemented.
This is the vegetable precursor to vitamin a and is completely safe during pregnancy. Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant which helps to protect egg and sperm dna from damage by harmful free radicals which can affect the quality of both the egg and sperm. Free radicals are highly unstable and set off a process called oxidation which can have harmful effects on the every cell in the body. Beta- carotene will be contained in your multivitamin and mineral.
This is an amino acid found in many foods and the head of the sperm contains an exceptional amount of this nutrient, which is essential for sperm production. Supplementing with l-arginine can help to increase both the sperm count and quality.
Note: people who have herpes attacks (either cold sores or genital herpes) should not supplement with l-arginine because it stimulates the virus.
This amino acid is essential for normal functioning of sperm cells. According to research, it appears that the higher the levels of l-carnitine in the sperm cells, the better the sperm count and motility.
Furthermore, by adopting a healthier lifestyle you will be more likely to prevent fertility problems.