Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have abnormal vaginal white discharge since past weeks other symptom is itching and dry skin. She has started using anti fungal powder. Kindly suggest appropriate treatment.
My wife age is 19. We married in 6 month ago. Now that is not pregnant at this time. Which pregnancy medicine is better for after sex. She is not pregnant.
I am 18 years old. 15 days ago. I had my period. And 3 days back again I had my period. What causes to this irregular periods?
Home Remedies For 3 Common Menstrual Problems -
Menstrual cycle is an important part in a woman?s life. Whether it is beginning of periods at puberty or menarche or its cessation at menopause- all of it are important phases for her.
Normally the menstrual cycle begins by the age of sixteen and continues till fifties, after which it ceases and menopause happens. Twenties and early thirties mark the most fertile period in a woman?s life. But sometimes certain problems occur in the periods. It causes discomfort, pain and hormonal imbalance in the body. Let us know the common menstrual problems and their home remedies:
A) Amenorrhea is a condition when there is an absence of menstrual cycle. It is of two types:
Primary Amenorrhea: It happens when the menstrual cycle either fails to begin at puberty by the age of sixteen years in girls.
Secondary amenorrhea: It happens when the menstrual cycle stops for six months or more in a woman who has been menstruating regularly before. It may be a temporary or a permanent condition. Pregnancy is an example of temporary secondary amenorrhea. It can also occur due the following reasons:
Use of birth control pills
Ovarian cysts or tumours
Rapid weight loss
Use of drugs
Permanent secondary amenorrhea occurs at menopause or if the woman gets hysterectomy done.
A pelvic exam is done to diagnose amenorrhea and to rule out pregnancy, congenital or ovarian anomalies.
Natural home remedies to treat Amenorrhea:
Have a glassful freshly squeezed beet root juice daily.
Boil half a teaspoon of saffron in a glass of water. Reduce it to a concentrate and take one third part thrice a day.
Drink a glassful of tomato juice thrice day.
Take 3-6 grams of organic Majishtha powder to treat amenorrhea.
Take 250 ml of water and add 6 grams flaxseeds to it. Boil it for ten minutes and add 10 grams clarified butter (or ghee) and 20 grams jaggery to it. Take it at bedtime.
Eat foods rich in Vitamin C like oranges, berries and grapes.
B) Dysmenorrhea is a condition of painful menstrual cycles. The discomfort begins prior to or during periods. It may diminish in intensity after 25 years of age or after delivery. It is of two types:
Primary Dysmenorrhea occurs due to hormonal imbalance that causes contraction of the uterus.
Secondary Dysmenorrhea happens due to any of the following reasons:
Pelvic inflammatory disease
IUD or intrauterine device
Fibroids in the uterus
Natural remedies to treat Dysmenorrhea:
Take half a teaspoon of crushed sesame seeds with warm water twice a day to ease the cramps.
Drink the decoction of ginger root tea to treat painful periods.
Drink chamomile tea twice a day to relieve menstrual cramps.
Boil 1-2 pods of garlic in water. Sip this water thrice a day.
Take 3 grams of organic Shatavari powder with warm milk sweetened with raw sugar daily to relive painful periods.
Fry a couple of pinches of asafoetida in clarified butter and take this thrice a day.
Eat foods rich in calcium like spinach, kale, broccoli etc, and also foods rich in antioxidants like cherries, tomatoes, strawberries etc.
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of flaxseed powder in your soups, salads or curd daily to reduce hormonal imbalance that causes painful cramps.
Drink a mixture of two teaspoons of basil leaves? juice and hot water thrice a day.
Add ginger, parsley, fennel seeds, peppermint and cinnamon to your diet.
Take 3-6 grams of organic Majishtha powder to treat dysmenorrhea.
Make black tea and add two tablespoon lemon juice, one teaspoon honey and half a teaspoon ginger juice to it. Drink it 2-3 times a day.
Drink lemon grass tea to relieve pain in periods.
Have milk with half a teaspoon of cinnamon at bedtime to ease off menstrual cramps.
C) Menorrhagia is the excessive loss of blood during the menstrual cycle. Too much blood loss may happen over more than seven day period, or in greater than 80 ml of blood loss or both. It may happen due to the following reasons:
Too much exertion due to stress or travel
Endometrium or excessive build up of the uterus lining
Genital tract cancer
Natural remedies to treat Menorrhagia:
Take 3 grams of licorice powder with water drained from rice for 4-5 days to stop excessive bleeding.
Take extract from the sacred fig tree and consume it to stop the excessive blood loss.
Tale 2 grams of mustard seed powder with goat?s milk 2-4 days prior to the start of your menstrual cycle. It will prevent excessive blood loss.
Drink a decoction of 20 grams coriander in 200 ml water till it reduces to one fourth of its volume.
Drink an infusion of 15 grams rough chaff boiled with 250 ml water to treat excessive menstruation.
Chew 2 tablets of Chandraprabha Vati every morning and evening to get the luster back that is lost due to excessive menstruation.
Take two teaspoons of organic Shatavaryadi rasayana with warm milk twice a day.
Take 3-6 grams of organic Majishtha powder to treat menorrhagia.
Try these natural remedies to treat the symptoms of menstrual disorders. Ayurvedic doctor would help you with the specific dosage suited to your body constitution and specific symptoms. Make your health the topmost priority!
I had a sex on 10 april after finish my periods. I take an i pill after sex immediately. Now on 21 april again periods till next day then on 24 april dropping again. Next day normal onwards. Now today that means on 30 april again dropping. Why its happen? please help.
She is feeling severe pain as if iron rod is inserting and also burning sensation in intercourse and not allowing to insert deep. That too particularly only inside to her right side .
Does unusual bleeding means pregnancy. If contraceptive pills was used for. The bleeding is just after 12 days nd mensuration cycle is on 24 to 27.
After my first delivery my anus and vagina passage combined and motion pass to my vagina also can it be operated and treated, thirty years has passed.
Healing benefits of saffron
The benefits and medicinal properties of this highly priced spice, make it a valuable culinary ingredient worldwide. Modern research suggests that saffron can be used as an aphrodisiac, diaphoretic [to cause sweating], carminative [ to prevent gas] and to bring on mensuration. Some other benefits are mentioned hereunder:
1. Protects against cancer: saffron contains a dark orange, water soluble carotene called crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron's golden color. Crocin has been found to trigger apoptosis [ programmed cell death] in a number of different types of human cancer cells, leukemia, ovarian carcinoma, colon adenocarcinoma, and soft tissue sarcoma. Researchers in mexico who have been studying saffron extract have discovered that saffron and its active components display an ability to inhibit human malignant cells. Not only does the spice inhibit cells that have become cancerous, but it has no such effect on normal cells and actually stimulates their formation and that of lymphocytes [immune cells that help destroy cancer cells].
2. Promotes learning and memory retention: recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, specifically its crocin, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment. In japan, saffron is encapsulated and used in the treatment of parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
3. In delayed puberty: in under developed girls, saffron has an overall stimulant effect. A pinch of saffron crushed in a table spoon of milk is useful to stimulate hormones and bring about desired effect.
4. To increase vitality: in low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk at bed time.
5. In patchy baldness: saffron mixed in liquorice and milk makes an effective topical application to induce hair growth in alopecia.
6. Protection against cold: saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
7. Food additives: saffron is an excellent replacement for synthetic food additives- for eg: instead of fd and c yellow no 5: a synthetic food coloring agent that is a very common allergy trigger, saffron’s glorious yellow could be an acceptable hypoallergenic choice.
With these benefits known to us, this culinary treasure has to be used and especially in the winter months. Here are some serving ideas:
1. For a wonderful marinade for fish, add saffron threads, garlic and thyme to vinegar.
2. Use saffron to give cakes, pastries and cookies a buttery golden hue and a rich aroma.
3. Cook biryanis with saffron combined with cloves, cinnamon, indian bay leaves and nutmeg for a memorable treat.
4. Crush a tiny piece of saffron into a glass of champagne or sparkling apple cider and turn the drink into a golden elixir.
5. Coffee spiced with saffron and cardamom is a soothing and heart healthy drink.
6. Add saffron and cinnamon to whole milk or yogurt and honey for a simple version of the famous indian yogurt drink, lassi.
Saffron as a spice, is generally regarded as safe, however it is not recommended during pregnancy and nursing. It also must also be pointed that large doses i. E. More than 1 or 2 table spoons can be toxic, although saffron poisoning is very rare.
My wife is five months pregnant, 35 years old, what kind of nutritious food should she consume for healthy baby.
Hot packs are very effective as they dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow, delivering needed nutrients and oxygen to cells in the area being heated, aiding the removal of cell waste and promoting healing.