Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Indu BansalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have a small lumps in inner tongue area and feel something stuck in my upper throat . Have browsed internet and worried about oral cancer I used to smoke rarely and usually maintain low oral hygiene , I don't hav any symptom of oral cancer as shown in net but it's been for two weeks now Started feeling this lumps when one day I had stomach upset.
I am 27 years old guy. I've a lump in right hand near biceps. Its neither different in colour nor paining. But i'm in concern regarding that. So what should I want to do. Is there any ointments available for dissolving that.
My age is 60.Had initial stage uterus cancer. Undergone radical hysterectomy. What follow up tests are required after six months.
It's for my sister. She has developed a lump on her breast. It's not painful. It's a movable lump. Local doctors told to operate it. Please suggest what is it and what should be the correct steps for it. As it has been two months since that lump was felt by her.
How can I find that my wife is feeling from breast cancer or not? Can any one tell the simplest way to find out in the earlier stage for my wife?
What are the tests for lung cancer detection, what are the costs of lung cancer detection. I'm looking for moderate costs which does not depend on brand of the hospital.
Hi. I am 26, married male. I have a lump in my right chest. Under my nipple. Painful sometimes. Is it serious?
How to control cholesterol and weight? Once you are into cancer and a operation is performed to remove the tumor how it can be treated without chemo?
Hi I'm a 23 years old girl. Sometimes I feel pain in my breasts and if I squeeze a little amount of grey liquid comes out of it. Is it normal at this age?
If I smoke cigarettes, marijuana and other form of smoking, what are the chances of getting lung cancer? How can I quit smoking? 13 ANSWERS ￼Ben Ferguson, lung cancer graduate student and research scientist 21k Views • Upvoted by Laszlo B. Tamas, Neurosurgeon with ties to the Bay area and Silicon Valley.
My mom suffering with overian cancer, her age is 65 years old. She can take the 6 chemotherapys, doctor suggested surgery but she is not interested. I have a small doubt that her age will support the surgery ? after chemo doctor not given any medical support, is it surgery is necessary or not. Pls give you are valuable suggestions.
I am 21 year old and I have Breast problem, my Breast size is different, left size is small and right side is big, and a big size always paining what can I do for this.
I am 47 year and I take RMD (gutkha) from past 18 years regularly. Now I am worrying whether I may affect with cancer like disease. I would like to have through checkup for this. What should I do?
Hello doctor, I am experiencing acute pain in my anal part during having latrine. Sometimes it's happening anytime a day. I am very afraid about this. Please tell me doctor why is it happening? Is it any sign of cancer? Please tell me what to do? Please.
I am 70 years old male and i am taking medicines for Blood pressure and prostate enlargement. (lose 20mg, Cilakar 10mg and urimax. 4mg). I have been suffering from symptoms of Irritable bowel syndrome during last 5 years and had my gallbladder removed in 2014. I have gone through colonoscopy, endoscopy, and tried various medicines including ayurvedi medicines for IBS but the loose motions after taking food in the morning continues. Can you suggest any remedy which in your experience works.
Aged is 53 years. I am a thyroid patient since 20 yrs, two years back I had breast cancer and am doing good after the surgery, chemotherapy and radiation course. Recently I had got thyroid profile test done and the results are as follows. T3 = 0.85, t4 = 13.71 and tssh = <0.006 presently I am taking 150 mg eltroxin tablets daily early morning. Please let me know is that correct does or shouls I change the dose. If so what dose should take now. Earlier when I was taking 200mg I was 67kgs and now I am 73 kgs. Please advise accordingly. Thanks in advance.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.
Soy protein has been used from past two decades as ingredients for its functional properties in a variety of foods such as salad dressings, soups, vegetarian foods and meat imitations. Its functional properties are emulsification and texturizing. Recently the popularity of soy protein is increasing, mainly because of its health benefits. It has been proven that soy protein can help to prevent heart problems and many countries allow health claims for food, which are rich in soy protein.
Soy contains protein, isoflavones, and fiber, all thought to provide health benefits. Soy is an excellent source of dietary protein, including all essential amino acids. Soy is also a source of lecithin or phospholipid. Soy isoflavones and lecithin have been studied scientifically for numerous health conditions. Isoflavones such as genistein are believed to have estrogen-like effects in the body, and as a result are sometimes called "phytoestrogens"
Common sources of soy isoflavones include roasted soybean, green soybean, soy flour, soy butter, soy nut butter, soy ice cream, soy milk, soy yogurt, soy noodles etc. Soy protein has also been investigated for benefit in terms of heart disease risk factors, reducing menopausal symptoms, weight loss, arthritis, brain function, and exercise performance.
Dietary soy may decrease the risk of breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men, as well as other types of cancers. In general, the supportive evidence for use of phytoestrogens as treatments for menopause, heart disease, bone disease, weight loss, and cancer is limited. The use of soy formula has been investigated in the treatment of diarrhea in infants and is an effective and safe alternative to cow's milk formula in most infants.