Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Indu Bala KhatriYour feedback matters!
I tested my pregnancy with prega news 2 times. One after 4 days of intercourse and another after 10 days of my period date in the very morning. Both were negative. But it passed a month now I did not get my period. Can the result be false?
Hello doc. Am 7 week pregnant. While urinating I can see white discharge with that little red spot. Can seen. Doc scanned on 6 the week can find single IU G-sac nd corpus luteum function. please suggest me. Doc is this normal.
I did sex on 29,30 dec without using condoms butt the ejaculation is not occurring inside the vagina on 31 dec I take unwanted 72 for our safety from almost 46 hours after physical act my next period date will 14 jan after taking unwanted 72 there is not spotting occurred till date .is there is any chances of pregnancy.
My wife had a pain in waist on last night and her period date is 7 and there is no period today also and she had a pain on uterus also so tell me wht is the reason.
Healing benefits of saffron
The benefits and medicinal properties of this highly priced spice, make it a valuable culinary ingredient worldwide. Modern research suggests that saffron can be used as an aphrodisiac, diaphoretic [to cause sweating], carminative [ to prevent gas] and to bring on mensuration. Some other benefits are mentioned hereunder:
1. Protects against cancer: saffron contains a dark orange, water soluble carotene called crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron's golden color. Crocin has been found to trigger apoptosis [ programmed cell death] in a number of different types of human cancer cells, leukemia, ovarian carcinoma, colon adenocarcinoma, and soft tissue sarcoma. Researchers in mexico who have been studying saffron extract have discovered that saffron and its active components display an ability to inhibit human malignant cells. Not only does the spice inhibit cells that have become cancerous, but it has no such effect on normal cells and actually stimulates their formation and that of lymphocytes [immune cells that help destroy cancer cells].
2. Promotes learning and memory retention: recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, specifically its crocin, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment. In japan, saffron is encapsulated and used in the treatment of parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
3. In delayed puberty: in under developed girls, saffron has an overall stimulant effect. A pinch of saffron crushed in a table spoon of milk is useful to stimulate hormones and bring about desired effect.
4. To increase vitality: in low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk at bed time.
5. In patchy baldness: saffron mixed in liquorice and milk makes an effective topical application to induce hair growth in alopecia.
6. Protection against cold: saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
7. Food additives: saffron is an excellent replacement for synthetic food additives- for eg: instead of fd and c yellow no 5: a synthetic food coloring agent that is a very common allergy trigger, saffron’s glorious yellow could be an acceptable hypoallergenic choice.
With these benefits known to us, this culinary treasure has to be used and especially in the winter months. Here are some serving ideas:
1. For a wonderful marinade for fish, add saffron threads, garlic and thyme to vinegar.
2. Use saffron to give cakes, pastries and cookies a buttery golden hue and a rich aroma.
3. Cook biryanis with saffron combined with cloves, cinnamon, indian bay leaves and nutmeg for a memorable treat.
4. Crush a tiny piece of saffron into a glass of champagne or sparkling apple cider and turn the drink into a golden elixir.
5. Coffee spiced with saffron and cardamom is a soothing and heart healthy drink.
6. Add saffron and cinnamon to whole milk or yogurt and honey for a simple version of the famous indian yogurt drink, lassi.
Saffron as a spice, is generally regarded as safe, however it is not recommended during pregnancy and nursing. It also must also be pointed that large doses i. E. More than 1 or 2 table spoons can be toxic, although saffron poisoning is very rare.
My boyfriend doesn't show sexual interest in me often. I can seduce him and still get no response. We could go two weeks without being intimate and he wouldn't say he misses me. What could be the problem? It makes me feel unattractive and unwanted. I get excited when other men give me attention or get interested in me because he does not. I love him and I wouldn't want to cheat. Please help.
Kindly let me know the status of 5th week 5th day of pregnancy. My wife done with ultrasound scanning, sac is there in uterus, but yolk/thicker layer of development is not visible. Is it normal? Please let us know. Thanks in advance.
I m 23. I have very regular periods lasting for 5 days. However I have been facing regular but scanty and light periods that stops in 2.5-3 days. This has happened for 2 months in a row (in Nov and Dec). I know I may have to visit a gynecologist n get tests done. But I'm very much tensed about it. I had a blood test in Aug 2015 that showed normal thyroid. A scan in 2015 that showed polycystic appearing ovaries (I haven't taken any treatment for it till now). I read that this could be due to pituitary tumor, or menopause or some serious underlying medical condition. I will go visit a doctor in a couple of days personally. But till then for my peace of mind. I really need a doctor's insight on whether what I m facing is really a serious issue. Thank you.
Please suggest diet to reduce my weight. I had surgical delivery by caesarean section and my baby is 5 month old.
Dear doctor, Kungumapoo (saffron) is it good for pregnant women? If yes, when will start this after pregnancy? This will take milk with protein powder? Or separately drink? Thank u.
Hi My friend is married for 2 months now and his wife has missed her periods and she is 10 days late. Yesterday they have performed pregnancy test using prega news kit but they found only one line which means it's negative. They are a bit worried so please any one can suggest whether there are any chances of pregnancy and how far is the accuracy correct of the prega news kit. Please help them with your valuable advice. Thank you.
I m not having my periods regularly and I m sexually active but I no I m not pregnant what r d reasons for it and what should I do to make it regular and there are no irritation nothing else.
In this new age 'Weight Gain' is the most dreaded phrase when people left and right are obsessed with losing weight by any and every means possible, to look good and achieve an attractive personality.
Let me start with a ridiculous point, weight is NOT equal to fat (a misconception I've observed in my patients). A human's body weight consists of his/her ENTIRE body weight, including weight of internal organs like heart brain etc, bones, water content and MUSCLES
In this series of sections on Weight gain - We will Focus on Food and Healthy Diet to complement Muscle Building.
Eating nutrition-rich food increases the protein intake which not only improves the immune system but also helps in fast recovery from illness.
Here are some foods that you can include in your diet to increase the nutrition content and gain muscles.
We all have heard that nonvegetarian food is a great source of protein. That, while true, is half information. as a majority of Indians are vegetarians, I would like to share vegetarian foods which are as good protein sources as non-vegetarian food
- Paneer - Its full of protein and good carbs. Paneer contains high amounts of casein that builds muscle mass while providing your body with its daily intake of protein. It also contains high amounts of calcium that helps you build stronger bones.
- Peanut butter - Just two spoons of the butter can have you set you for the day with 8gms of protein that keeps muscle breakdown at bay.
- Almonds - They contain more protein than an egg and are also a great source of Vitamin B2 that produces oxygen-based energy in the body and Vitamin E that ensures supple skin.
- Soy milk - This is a good source of protein for those who suffer from lactose intolerance or dislike dairy milk. A glass of soy milk contains 6 to 10 gms of protein which is enough to give you a protein boost and jump start your day.
- Kidney beans - A single helping of kidney beans has 13 to15 grams of protein and is a great replacement for meat since it can provide ample protein to the body that promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Quinoa - 8g per 1 cup (cooked) Pronounced KEEN-WAH, this wonder grain is not only high in protein but also low in cholesterol and a good source of iron and fiber.
- Pumpkin Seeds - 7g per 1 oz. Also known as pepitas, pumpkin seeds are a great grab-and-go snack or topping for salads and soups.
- Dried Beans - 12g per 1 cup (black beans).Dried black beans, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, and pinto beans are all delicious choices for low-fat, fiber-filled protein. Using dried beans allows you to control the sodium and additives that go into the dish.
- Greek Yogurt - 15g per 6-oz container. Greek yogurt packs as much as double the protein as regular yogurt. It's also thick, filling, tart, and less sweet than some regular varieties, all while staying in the low-calorie range.