Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Respected Doctors I am 45 years old married and my wife age 30 years, last night we did unprotected sex couple of times and today morning My wife period start. So is there any chance of pregnancy.
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. Polycystic Ovary is a hormonal condition that stimulates surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen being a “male hormone,” causes development of muscle mass and hair in men, and it has similar effects on women as well when present in high amount. They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Hence, owing to troubles in ovulation (discharge of ovules from the ovaries), one may experience difficulties in getting pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS are unaffected by the influence of the hormone ‘insulin’, which indicates, that it requires a larger amount of insulin to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Symptoms of PCOS include:
Irregular Menstrual Cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called "hirsutism." Hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS.3
Acne. Acne on the face, chest, and upper back
Hair Loss. Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness
Weight Gain. Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
Skin Darkening. Darkening of skin, particularly along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath breasts
Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Treatment for PCOS:
There is apparently no procedure to cure PCOS and improve fertility; but the treatment is tailored as per the symptoms of the condition:
A lack of ovulation and menstrual cycles hinders the secretion of progesterone (a hormone preparing the uterus for pregnancy), thus hampering conception. In this case, the treatment is directed at maintaining a regular ovulation and menstrual cycle which can be fixed by consuming birth control pills. These pills comprise of both progestin and estrogen which aid to bring down androgen production.
PCOS along with insulin resistance warrants the use of certain medications such as metformin which are prescribed to enhance insulin sensitivity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi sir/ mam, I am not having my periods from last 4 months. (from September 1st week to till date) and then I did unprotected sex on 28 november. With my hubby. But it's almost now 4 months that no periods come. Please help to out for this. Waiting your reply.
She had sex for almost 4 times without condom. But before ejection of sperm. He use to take that out of her vagina. Now she is 18 days late. Had taken test 6 times. But all were negative. and other reason can be. She had gain weight also. Some white field come frequently from her vagina. What she should do? please help.
The mixture is made with these flowers:
Clematis: for a better concentration
Chestnut bud: to better remember things
Gentian: not to respond when in front of an unexpected situation
Elm: for a surplus of care that an exam requires
Larch: to have confidence in your abilities
Some of my ideas that may help you customizing this mixture:
Mimulus: if you're scared about the exam or if you're shy
Impatiens: especially useful towards the end of the studying process and during the days before an exam, if you're afraid that you might not have enough time to study or if you can't wait for the exam
White chestnut: when your mind always goes to the things that you're studying or when you can't stop thinking about the exam itself. This mixture for the exam is very useful. But don't forget to study.
Intelligent boy is not scoring marks -
Is there any fear of exam? (Mimulus)
Does he forget during the exam but remember after the exam? (Scleranthus)
Or is he going blank and forgetting the answer? (white chestnut)
Or does he not have enough time? (elm)
Or feeling shaky while reading the question paper? (rescue remedy)
Or making silly mistakes and getting fewer marks. (impatiens)
Is he sitting to study putting the required efforts? (oak)
Or not sitting to study in the house? (chestnut bud)
1.Water purifies Colon making it easy to absorb nutrients from food that we eat during the day
2.Water acts as a good Antioxidant ,thus helping in Glowing,soft and supple skin by removing toxins from blood
3.Water helps in weight reduction by boosting metabolism by almost 25 %
4.Water helps in balancing body fluids by balancing your Lymphatic system
300 Calories is the average calorific value of our daily sugar intake. It's no wonder then that dietician and weight loss (Learn more about weight loss) gurus across the world will advise you to quit added sugar as the first step of a weight loss program. Added sugar refers to processed sugar in the form of cubes, sugar crystals or powdered sugar and does not include natural sugars found in fruits, vegetables etc. Apart from cakes and sweets, we eat added sugar in a number of ways including a number of packaged foods like sauce and salad dressings.
If you consume a lot of sugar on a daily basis, quitting added sugar could leave you with withdrawal symptoms. Quitting added sugar is not easy, but here are a few reasons it is well worth the effort.
- You'll have fewer pimples: Sugar has inflammatory properties. This can trigger systemic inflammation leading to the acne. Thus quitting sugar can instantly reduce the number of pimples on your face and give you clearer skin (Learn more about Healthy Skin).
- It improves the health of your heart: Added sugar can raise insulin levels. This activates the sympathetic nervous system and increases blood pressure and heart rate. Stopping your consumption of added sugar can lower cholesterol levels and decrease the amount of triglycerides in the body. This lowers blood pressure and boosts cardiovascular health. (Know more about blood sugar level)
- A friendly weight scale: Replacing toffees with dry fruits will considerably reduce your calorific intake. Similarly switching packaged salad dressing for fresh homemade dressing can also make your salad healthier. Given that we eat added sugar in so many forms, making a conscious decision to quit added sugar can have a big impact on your daily calorie intake. Studies show that this simple step can lead to a weight loss of up to 10 pounds in six months.
- It'll make remembering names easier: Added sugar can hinder learning and memory. Over time, it can also damage communication between brain cells. Quitting sugar can boost both your short term as well as long term memory. You will also find it easier to focus on will be able to be attentive to something for longer periods of time.
- A good night's sleep: You don't just need 8 hours of sleep a day; you need 8 hours of restful sleep at the right time. Sugar makes blood sugar fluctuate and the crash that follows a sugar high can make you feel sluggish around mid-day. Many people find that if they have an afternoon nap, it becomes more difficult for them to fall asleep at night. Sugar also releases cortisol that interferes with sleep. Thus quitting added sugar can keep you alert through the day and help you fall asleep easier at the end of the day.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.
I'm 24 years old female. Got married recently. I'm getting water from my breast. May I know what could be the reason. Isn't health problem?
Hello doctor. i am pregnant just 144 days hain. Pregnancy mai haldi vala milk drink kar sakti KyA. Haldi ziyada khanai se jaundice ajata hai To my kya KyA khao first 3 months mai.
Hey Dr. Its an emergency I want to tell you that I am a patient of PCOS and have discovered it a 2 months before and have started my medication 1 months back which caused periods on time earlier I used to have late periods but I have this problem which is dark brown coloured periods it is sometimes only red and rest of the time. It is black or dark brown earlier I used to have proper periods although they were late but only sometime they used to be brownish but this time it is only dark brown and black and little of red and yes earlier flow was also normal and infact heavy for 2 days and little less on 3rd day then lesser on 4th day and 5th day but this time it has been 2 days and today 3rd day has started and flow is like of 4th day very little and less periods can I know why this is happening to me is there any serious issues Dr. Gave me medicine for PCOS that is a course of 21 days and another one to take daily for the next time she said periods to occur and 2 syrups as I lack immunity and have little deficiency of hb and lot of deficiency of calcium vitamin3 and B12. But I as this time periods are so abnormal I feel to consult another Dr. Pls help me I need your help I am getting very tensed.
I am 23 years old and I got married on 19 Sep. I have 38 days menstruation cycle this month. And I always have 30 -35 days circle. Will it have any bad effect on my body in getting pregnant.
Good evening sir/Madam, mein Married hoon, aur meri age 16 saal 1 month hai. Mein last 1 month se pregnant hoon. Meri Peeth (backbone) Aur Stomach me pain hoti rehti hai. 1. Maine aapse ye poochhna hai, ke kahin ye pain meri Chhoti age ki vajah se to nhi hai. 2. Kya ye bacha meri age aur weight ke according theek rahega? 3). Maan lijiye agar mein ye bacha nhi bhi lena chaahti, to Kya aage mein maa ban paaungi na? 4). Meri saas ye bacha nhi lena chaahti, wo kehti hain ke Meri age chhoti hai. Kya meri saas theek kehti hain? Please help sir.
How to avoid daytime sleepiness
A lot of people, irrespective of whether they go out to work, to college or stay at home, feel sleepy during the day. Some out of fatigue, some because of having a heavy lunch and some others because they do not get a good night?s sleep. Whatever be the reason, a few exercises and some discipline can help you get rid of such sleep cravings.
Few ways to avoid daytime sleepiness are:
1. Set a routine: Try to go to sleep and wake up at about the same time every day. This resets your circadian rhythm and helps developing your sleeping pattern.
2. At least 30 minutes of workout is important for every individual. Go for walks, go to the gym, take up yoga or aerobics - regardless of the kind of exercise you are doing. When the body gets exercise, so does the brain and you are refreshed to take on the rest of the day.
3. Go to bed gadget free: Keep your books, mobile, tab, laptop and TV remote away from the bed. Stay calm and do not have heated conversations. Your nerves need calm down as you to sleep.
4. Get enough sleep: Ensure you sleep enough every night so that it doesn?t ruin your day. Night time sleep is important and adults need seven to nine hours of sleep.
5. Set consistent, healthy mealtimes: Regular mealtimes, eating a healthy breakfast and lunch on time prevents energy deficits during the day that will help you get rid of daytime sleepiness
6. Avoid alcohol: Having alcohol in high amount may hamper your regular sleeping pattern and you may be sleepy the whole day.
7.Avoid Self-Medication: Avoid taking sleeping pills or over the counter the drugs. There are different kinds of drugs available in the market. Some may make you sleepy the whole day due to hangover effect of the drug.
8. Consult a Physician or a sleep specialist.