Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Indu Bala ChawaraYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 24 year old female. Actually my uterus size is less then normal size. So, I have problems of irregular periods. What to do.?
Its been almost 2 year of my marriage but still I am not pregnant. So where I need to contact? I mean what kind of doctor?
I have hairfall problem for last 2 years it become so thin and also I have the irregular periods for did I used medicine last 5 years now its cured am not taking any medicines. Now I want my hair growth and to increase the hair.
I am a married female. Im trying to conceive frm a long tym. Bt every time I hv an intercourse the semen leaks out frm my vagina this puts me into deep tension. Pls gv me the solution to ds.
My last mens date is 18th feb 2015. And now my pregnency test is positive. Plz tell now I m in which week?
I am 9 month pregnant, in my sonography report-" two umbilical cord loop is seen around foetal neck. Please suggest possibilities- easily normal delivery or operation.
Hello, I got married for 2 years but till now I didn't got pregnancy and I used krimson35 for 3 months, And now I will get pregnancy or not?
I am a 20 years girl nd had irregular menstruation prblm since some yrs. Recently it had been diagnosed nd its Polysctic Ovarian syndrome that too bilateral. Even my two frnds are also suffering frm dis. I thnk it has become common amng girls. Bt its not a gud issue for our future! we have heard its not a big issue bt we can not play wid our lyf. Medicines work for a moment bt has no long term role. please suggest me how to get out frm dis. May not b fully bt almost I can Thanks for letting me share my prblm! Waiting fr rply.
Mustard oil should be heated upto it's smoking point for cooking or the food tastes bitter. Is this correct.Please tell sir
What is the correct time to get pregnancy. If I want to be pregnant how many times regularly have to participate with my husband.
I have this fermented apple cider type smell in my urine since 2 months. Some times there is tingling itching and dryness in the vagina too. Can you please help.
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a system of natural medicine developed by samuel hahnemann, a german physician in the early 1800s. He discovered that the same substance that could cause a reaction in a healthy person could also be a remedy for someone suffering from similar symptoms.
That is the basic premise of homeopathy: like cures like. it may seem hard to believe, yet the approach to vaccination used in western medicine is a similar one, albeit one that is fraught with potential side effects, unlike homeopathy which is completely safe.
Homeopathy is a natural, holistic, approach to healing a person, using minute doses of specific remedies, rather than simply eliminating a particular symptom using a band-aid approach. Unlike many health models, the model for homeopathy is one of individualization. No two people are alike, so just because two people suffer from headaches, the homeopathic remedies provided for them may be completely different.
There are many benefits of homeopathic medicine, including:
1. It can be used by pregnant and nursing women;
2. It can be used by children and infants;
3. It does not interfere with medications taken by a person;
4. If an incorrect remedy is selected, it is completely safe and will not harm the person at all;
5. Other than occasional, mild, and short-lived symptom aggravations which pass quickly and tend to be followed by improvements in the symptoms of a person, there are no side-effects of homeopathic remedies. This symptom aggravation is actually regarded by homeopaths as a sign that the correct homeopathic remedy has been selected and usually results in symptom improvements;
6. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions;
7. It is an individualized system of medicine which treats the person, not merely the symptoms. The symptoms, however, are addressed when using this approach and are typically improved;
8. Homeopathy is a holistic approach to healing: one that involves the body, mind, emotions, and spirit of the person being treated;
9. Homeopathic remedies are readily available and can, therefore, be used by anyone;
10. Homeopathic remedies are typically inexpensive and therefore provide an affordable approach to healing;
11. Homeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time;
12. Homeopathic medicine is non-invasive; and
13. There are many studies proving the effectiveness of homeopathy, when used correctly.
There is pain in my back and leg due to secret abortion and my mom doesn't know about that. I am in problem.
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.