Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indra NarulaYour feedback matters!
I have already taking pills for this delayed periods. And I got my periods regularly wen I'm taking pills then I stopped taking it then it was regular for 4 months then I got this same prob with delayed periods and some weird pain. It's been two month since I got my periods please advise.
Its been almost 2 year of my marriage but still I am not pregnant. So where I need to contact? I mean what kind of doctor?
I was diagnosed PCOS few years ago by USG and my doctor advised to exercise daily. Previously I could not exercise but recently I started and after 1.5 week I feel pain in my lower abdomen and nipples. It did not happened previously. Is it any bad signs?
Hi doc I'm 17 years old nd of 4.5 months pregnant advice me how to take care and pls help me how to do gender test at home?
I am 29years old suffering female, suffering from back pain since 4month. I am a breastfeeding mother. I applied pain relief ointments and anti inflammatory ointment not getting any relief. So kindly suggest any medical advice.
These drinks are not only amazingly delicious but they have so many health benefits as well! If you are feeling low on energy, maybe you work a job that requires little physical motion. Maybe you just didn?t get enough sleep and are feeling drained. These drinks have the nutrients your body needs in order to thrive.
1. Green Supreme
In a juicer blend together?
-8 Kale Stocks
-2 Green Apples
-2 Green Pears
2. Beetroot Blend
In a juicer blend together?
-6 Peeled Carrots
-4 Peeled Beets
-2 Red Apples
-A bit of peeled ginger
-Add some turmeric if you?re feeling adventurous.
3. Lavender Tea
4 Boil a small amount of water in a pot ? this is going to be a concentrated amount.
Add sugar when water is bubbling and stir until completely dissolved. Taste for sweetness, add more lemon if too sweet.
Add in lavender and stir for a minute, then add the mint and let boil for a few minutes.
Taste every so often as the tastes get more pungent as it cooks.
Through a strainer, pour the concentrated tea into a jug filled with ice cubes ? and there you have it!
-4 Lavender Sprigs or 1 cup crushed lavender
-2 Sprigs of mint
-Honey or Raw Sugar
-Lemon to taste
Add bit of ginger if you want to add some spice.
Hello doctors, I am 29 years old and my husband age 44. Two days before MY period end and yesterday we did unprotected sex, is it safe few days? MY husband did not like to use condoms so what the best birth control method for me in this age? Please help. Thank You.
I and my gf had sex on 14 th but I have withdrawal my penis at the time of ejaculation and she did not get menstrual till now is this the accurate symptom of pregnancy? And she is saying that she had sensation that periods are coming but it does not came what to do? Is she is pregnant? If she is pregnant how to stop pregnancy?
Most women have their own distinct smell below the belt. It might be a little embarrassing to know that there is a feminine odor, sometimes foul, in the private parts of a lady. But, it is true that this smell can be a cause of concern as well. Vaginal odour is a symptom for sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia and gonorrhea. Besides, a combination of factors including infection of the vaginal tract, unhygiene, gland secretions, sweating and improper clothing are responsible for vaginal odour.
Common reasons for vaginal odour:
- Bacterial vaginosis: It is a very common phenomenon. Vagina contains bacteria, which are produced there naturally. Bacterial vaginosis refers to bacterial overgrowth. It leads to vaginal odour. Most women experience this condition at least once during their lifetime, especially in the reproductive years. Though the exact cause behind its occurrence is unknown, it can occur due to having unprotected sex or frequent douching.
- Yeast Infection: The odour caused due to yeast infection is not very strong. But it has other symptoms like white vaginal discharge and itching. The discharge looks like cottage cheese and is caused due to the excess growth of yeast named Candida. There might be a burning sensation at the time of having sex or urination.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Vaginal odour is a symptom for STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Vaginal odour can intensify after having sex: It can also be caused due to inflammation of the pelvic region.
When is vaginal odour a signal for STDs?
Vaginal odour is normal, but you need to watch out for other symptoms to be sure that whether or not you are infected with STDs. If you have vaginal discharge, painful urination and difficulty in having sexual intercourse, there is a possibility of developing STDs. In case of STDs, the discharge is bloody or brown in colour.
I have a small lump on my back. I have been observing this since last few years. Earlier it was of pea size but now slightly bigger. When I rub lump with fingers then a fouled smell could be felt. Please advise me whether the lump should be removed by surgery and it may be cancerous. I am mild diabetic and high B. P. And take medicine gleminor 1m and Telsar 40, 1 tab each a day. Sugar fasting110-120, bp 130/85.
My last period was on 12-5-2017. I had to take i-pill, after 5 days of my period, becoz of unprotected sex. I had a brownish discharge on 29-06-2017 and 30th and not bleeding. On 05-06-2017 we had unprotected sex. On 14-06-2017 I took pregnancy test, it came negative. Could I be pregnant now. Do I need to take a test on 30-06-2017.
Hello dr, I am 24 years I am married 2 year ago, we start planning baby in june 2016, but nothing happens till I already had 2 follicular done with HCG injection but didn't get conceived. Now again my Dr. told me to do HSG to check my Fallopian tube is fully open my husband sperm count is 120 ml but my husband had depression and he's taking zenoxa for mood stabilizer and fludac for depression please Dr. suggest me what to do I really want my child I am also getting depressed I really want my child now?
Some common causes of itching, burning and irritation in and around the vaginal area are bacterial or yeast infections, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), menopause and chemical irritants.
Vaginal pinworm infections can also cause vaginal itching; however, this type of infection is common in children. Excessive stress and a weak immune system can increase the likelihood of suffering from this uncomfortable problem.
n addition to itching and burning sensations, there can be redness and swelling in and around the vagina and vulva. Vaginal discharge and odor may also be present. Often, women also have discomfort during urination or intercourse.
To stop vaginal itching, you need to maintain proper hygiene as well as follow a healthy lifestyle and diet. Also, try some simple home remedies to get temporary relief from the symptoms. However, for proper diagnosis and treatment, consult your doctor.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good remedy for treating vaginal itching due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It also helps restore the natural pH balance of your vagina.
Add 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water. Use this solution to wash your vagina twice daily for a few days.
Also, add 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of raw honey to a glass of warm water and drink it twice daily.
2. Cold Compress
To get instant relief from vaginal itching, use a cold compress. It will help numb the area and reduce the itching and inflammation.
Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth and tie it together.
Put this ice pack on your vagina for a few minutes.
Take a break for 30 seconds and reapply it.
Repeat until the itching stops.
Use this remedy as needed.
You can also rinse the vaginal area with cold water a few times a day.
3. Salt Water Bath
Enjoying a salt-water bath can also relieve vaginal itching. Salt will control the growth of the microbes causing the infection and in turn reduce itching and other discomforts.
Add 1 tablespoon of salt to a glass of water and use it to wash your vagina whenever you feel the itch. This will give you instant relief.
Alternatively, fill your bathtub with warm water and add ½ cup of salt to it. Sit in the water in a squatting position for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat 2 or 3 times daily for a few days for best results.
Note: Do not use salt remedies if you have any skin tears or open sores.
Plain, unsweetened yogurt with active cultures is another good remedy to stop itching and burning in and around your vagina. The active cultures can control the spread of infection in the body. It also helps kill yeast and bad bacteria in the vagina and promote the growth of good bacteria.
Dip a tampon in yogurt and insert it in the vagina for two hours. Do this twice daily until you get relief.
Also, eat a few cups of plain, unsweetened yogurt every day.
Garlic contains antibacterial as well as antibiotic properties that can help kill bacteria and yeast. It also improves the immune system and helps the body fight infections.
Dilute a few drops of garlic oil with 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and apply it on the affected area. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Use this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Chew 3 cloves of raw garlic daily. Alternatively, you can take garlic supplements after consulting a doctor.
6. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac, also known as neem, is a good remedy if you suffer from vaginal itching due to a yeast infection. Its antiseptic properties help fight the infection and reduce itching and other discomforts.
Boil a handful of neem leaves in 2 to 3 cups of filtered water. Strain and allow it to cool. Use this solution to rinse the vaginal area once daily for a few weeks.
Alternatively, add a few drops of neem oil to a bowl of lukewarm water and use it as a rinse for your vagina. Repeat this remedy twice daily for a couple of weeks.
Unpasteurized honey is another effective remedy to stop the itching. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help get rid of any microbial infection that could be causing the problem.
Apply unpasteurized honey as an ointment on the affected area. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, then take a bath in warm water. Repeat at least twice a day until the symptoms improve.
Also, eat 1 to 2 tablespoons of unpasteurized honey with a glass of warm water twice daily.
I want to be pregnant, but I don't know about the process that which time is suitable for sex after menses. And there is any medicine for conceive.
Is there any side effects of level exercise? I have read somewhere it cure pre-mature ejaculation but it has some side effort which reduces quality of sperm and hence elevates infertility. And can I regular do level exercise? And what is the correct method to do so.
Every marriage requires effort from both the individuals involved, to make it last. Many times, marriages end because the partners start to believe that the spark is no longer there. There are, however, many ways to add the spark, lust and excitement back into your marriage.
- Add a component of surprise - Mystery and surprise imitate the emotional condition of a new romance. But that doesn’t mean surprising your partner with expensive dinners or taking him/her away to the Mediterranean. A small affectionate gesture also goes a long way. For example, you can surprise your partner at work and take her/him away for a lunch or send him/her a love note or a greeting card through e-mail.
- Join in new activities with your partner - Experiment with dissimilar activities that you have never done before. This will help you bring back the excitement in your relationship. For example, you can plan a slow dance with your partner, or hike a mountain, or go deep-sea fishing.
- Do something to kick up your arousal - Do activities that boost your adrenaline. For example, you can include exercises such as hiking on a mountain, a roller coaster ride, watching a horror movie, or even simply a treadmill exercise.
- Listen to your partner - Often couples talk, but not listen. An exchange of attention brings closeness. Ask your partner about their whereabouts or what they have been doing all day long, and do listen and give feedback to their answers. Encourage your partner to talk about his/her hidden feelings and fears. Praise and appreciate the small things your mate does every day, as he/she deserves appreciation.
- Travel and create an adventure in your marriage - Take a small vacation alone with your partner. Get out of the house for a day or two and choose a place that interests the both of you. You don’t have to go far away from your home and invest a lot of money. Just travel to a place where you two can spend quality time together.
- Touch your partner more often - Touch generates arousal and a sense of support and comfort, both psychologically and physiologically. Hold your partner's hand during a walk and make sure that you kiss, hug or embrace every single day. This will remind you that you both are bonded together physiologically.
- Play - In the nub of a busy life, couples forget to have fun and enjoy their married life. Every relationship should be about fun. This not only makes you enjoy each other's company, laugh and add fun to your relationship, but also leads you both to sexual arousal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The impact of weather and the natural world on human health is multifarious. The science that pertains to atmospheric effects on the body is known as biometeorology and experts in this field have conducted various tests and studies to determine the nature of the relationship between changes in weather patterns and the health of human beings.
Some of the ways in which seasonal and atmospheric changes in weather affect human health are as follows:
- Migraines and Headaches: People who are susceptible to frequent attacks of headaches and migraines are easily affected by changes in weather. Falling atmospheric pressure, spikes in temperature and increase in humidity can lead to these conditions.
- Asthma attacks: Fluctuations in weather patterns are known to cause asthma attacks in those who suffer from respiratory conditions. This happens especially in the case of thunderstorms or sudden temperature drops.
- Stiffening of joints: The onset of cold and damp weather conditions are known to cause joint stiffness. Those who suffer from chronic joint pain and arthritis suffer the most when the weather turns for the worse.
- Allergies: Many people blame the occurrence of allergy related symptoms to the presence of pollen in the air during spring. But in certain cases, anomalies in atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity can lead to the onset of allergies and related symptoms such as incessant coughing, sneezing and nasal congestion.
- Cardiovascular disorders: Low temperatures create a lot of risks for those who suffer from heart conditions and other cardiovascular disorders. Cold weather impairs functioning of the arteries by constricting them and can lead to heart attacks and strokes. Harsh winters and cold waves are problematic for heart patients as their thermoregulatory systems are poorly equipped to deal with the drop in mercury levels.
- Skin diseases: The skin is the first line of defense against external factors like changes in the temperature. Hot and humid weather can cause skin rashes and eczema, leading to itchiness and irritation. On the other hand, cold and windy climes are known to make the skin rough and dehydrated. Hence, temperature fluctuations adversely affect skin health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.