Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Indra Narula
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indra NarulaYour feedback matters!
My gf Is 23. Her vagina seems quite deformed as inner organs (labia majora, minora) have come out of vaginal opening. What can be the cause of such damage? Is it due to sexual intercourse or due to penetration during masturbation? Or some other reason?
My periods before marriage were regular. Soon after marriage I got conceived. And got my periods from 60 days. I took period postpone tablets after a year. For many times. After that I noticed my periods on 1 day are dark brown brackish spotting. 2nd day normal flow. After 3 years I had another baby. Now diabetes also. I want to know is this brown spotting normal or not? Also periods are irregular from 28 days to 31 days. Thanks in advance.
I'm a virgin and I think I'm pregnant. I just have those symptoms like back pain sore breast something strange happening in my uterus. I have a boyfriend but we never had sex. Today I had fever of 99.5 degree Celsius. My period is still due but I'm freaking out. Maybe something has accidentally happened. And as I dug more into it I get more anxious. I feel like my hold body has mild cramps especially my back .I also feel shortness of breath but I also have bronchitis. Also if I get diagnosed with pregnancy could I get abortion as I am an adult but unmarried. Would reputed clinics do it. And what is better medication or surgical abortion. And till when could I have medical abortion .Also are Medical abortions available in case of epictope pregnancy. And what are its symptoms. And till when is it safe to diagnose it. Also do abortions require over night stay. Are they kept confidential.
My wife's period have miss more then 10 then. But we don't want baby right now. Please suggest me which medicine should give to her.
Tragacanth gum is the sap of the thorny shrub tragacanth, which is a thorny and low-growing shrub. It is mostly found in the mountainous regions of the Middle East. Iran is the highest producer of this tree gum, which is also called Gond Katira in Hindi.
This gum is odorless, tasteless, and a water-soluble mixture obtained from the sap of the plant and then dried. Tragacanth gum has varied uses, which is not limited to consumption and includes uses in several other industries. It is also an important part of Ayurvedic treatment due to its medicinal properties.
How is the gum obtained?
The gum is derived from the roots and the stem of the plant by making an incision. The incision is generally made 5 cm below the ground level. The sap is then collected and dried as flakes or crystals.
Health Benefits of Gond Katira
Several health benefits are associated with Tragacanth gum. The best part, however, is that this sap cools the body during summer and in winters, it heats up the body. Tragacanth gum is beneficial for:
- Treating heat stroke as the gum acts as a cooling agent. During summers, a drink can be prepared by soaking the gum in water and then making a drink out of it after it has become fluffy.
- It is effective for treating constipation due to its purgative properties.
- Tragacanth gum is effective in increasing libido and also for treating sexual inadequacy or weakness in men
- This sap has anti-aging properties, which is beneficial for your skin as it delays the development of wrinkles and fine lines.
- This gum is a part of herbal treatment for women who have small breast and wish to increase its size.
- Tragacanth gum is great for new mothers who become weak after delivery. It is said to be beneficial for both the mother and the baby.
How to Consume Tragacanth gum
Tragacanth gum can be a part of several food items that we consume on a daily basis. It includes:
- Dressings for salads, in sauces, mayonnaise as well as the base of condiments
- As a thickener for ice cream
- Used for making puddings as well as laddoos, especially during the winters
- As cake decoration flowers
Other Uses: Apart from consumption, Tragacanth gum is also used in several other industries. Some of the other uses include:
- Polish for leather goods or for leather dressing
- In textile print paste for silks and crepes
- For hardening calico
- In ointments and creams as thickener or lubricants, in lotions for hair or hand as it increases the shelf life
- In toothpaste as it acts as a suspending agent
- As adhesive in the cigar to secure it
Though Tragacanth gum is good for health, you must be cautious about its side effects and also restrict the consumption amount. Some of the precautions include:
- Consuming sufficient water to prevent choking or blockage in the intestine
- Checking for sensitivity for natural gums or quillaia bark, which can cause breathing problem