Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indira SatpalYour feedback matters!
I got my periods on 17 feb planning for a baby then went through follicular study my last study was on 3 march was my last follicular study and doc said sonography is very gud as follicle has ruptured n you should meet fr at least 3 days can you please tell how much chances for conception is there as my past pregnancy was not good as I went through a miscrg.
Hello Dr. I am 28 yrs. Old and I am pregnant second time. My first baby is by LSCS before 3 yrs. Now prob. Is I ve hypothyroidism from last 2 yrs. Nd pcos also. Now my progesterone level is low nd hb is 10.6 gm/dl. Now I ve severe pain in lower abd. My Dr. Suggest me to take sustain tab. 100 mg. Bt my pain is still severe. So what should I do? My LMP 23/06/17. please suggest me.
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased sex function as well. People who have trouble sleeping have a difficult time coping with their relationships as with almost all aspects of their lives. Similarly, in the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders and stress may affect your sex life:
- Mood swings: Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
- Anxiety: Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest.
- Decreased social activity: Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
So, what you should do?
- Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life: Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
- Go to sleep and wake up at roughly the same time everyday to tune your sleep cycle. Avoid waking up late into night as far as possible.
- Avoid afternoon sleep or take only a nap.
- Don't take heavy foods, big and late meals.
- Eat at least 2-3 hrs before sleep.
- Avoid coffee and tea in the night.
- Don't get glued to the tv, computer, or mobile till sleep time. Shut them down 30 mins. before retiring to bed.
- Read something calming, meditate, or listen to quiet music just before sleeping.
- Regular workouts helps you get good sleep.
- Avoid serious discussions, work or complex decisions 2-3 hrs before sleep. If any of them bother you much, jot them down on a paper. That will lighten your mind help you get better sleep.
If sexual problems and concerns make you sleepless, seek help from a sex counselor. If your sleep problems are due to work in shifts or night-only shifts, take the help of a specialist in sleep problems. This way you can overcome sexual problems arising out of sleep disturbances, and have an improved sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Right now we have a generation of kids who are going into high school, college and even the workforce who have never really experienced failure before. This is a generation of kids who have been bubble-wrapped since birth. The first generation of kids who weren't really allowed to play outside. The first generation where every drawer and cabinet was safety locked. The first generation to not only wear safety belts, but to also ride in a car seat until kindergarten. This is the first generation to wear helmets when riding their bikes. Mom and dad have stepped in to stop anything that could possibly hurt their kids. Unfortunately, in mom and dad's protectiveness, they have also protected their kids from some very important life lessons. Like failure.
This generation of kids that are arriving into adulthood or who will be quickly in its ranks have never been allowed to fail at anything in life. Even the little things like little league (where trophies are passed out with juice boxes) have been sanitized to make sure that everyone's feelings are safe from harm. Now these kids are becoming adults with unrealistic expectations for what is going to happen in the future. On what reality is like. And generally, what life is like.
I am not saying that the parents are bad people. Or that they were protecting their children with some malicious intent. In fact, I know the exact opposite is true. These parents were doing everything within their power to protect the things that are most precious to them. Their children. The parents only wanted to keep their children safe and happy. The layer of bubble wrap protection was done from a place of love and care. But what started out as loving protection has put these kids into an unexpected predicament. Because mom and dad were so quick to protect their child from anything negative (physical, mental and emotional), these kids never developed the ability to handle life's little messes. And we all know that life likes to dole out messes.
So, what can we do to help these young adults (and soon-to-be adults)? and more importantly, what can we do to not let this happen again with future generations? i'm not suggesting that we get rid of seat belt laws or that there weren't very good reasons for not giving kids free reign of their neighborhoods like we once had. I get those reasons. I am a parent. I watch the news. The world can be a scary place.
Starting now. We need to learn to stand back. We need to learn to stay on the sidelines when our kids are facing something difficult. Or when they have already messed up. We need to stand back and give them the space to clean up their own mess. They will never learn to do it, if we rush in like an assaulting army taking out everything in its path. Yes, your kids won't like it that you are not running to their defense. There may be tears. There may even be some accusations that you are ruining their life. But guess what? you aren't. You are actually doing them a huge favor. They just may not realize it yet.
You see, as strong and able as you are today, you are not always going to be around. And what happens then when your kid is facing a huge screw up or failure? who is going to fix it for them then? if you do not allow your kid the space to learn to deal with failures starting with the smallest of failures they will never develop the tools necessary to deal with those moments in life.
So, when they are facing a big ole screw up that has the potential of changing the trajectory of their life and you aren't around to fix it, what do you think they will do? run and hide? maybe. Deal with it? probably not. They will more than likely allow that one (albeit huge) screw up to define the rest of their life. And I know that as a parent who has spent the better part of your own adult life protecting this child of yours that you would never want that for your kid. So, take a step back. Take a deep breath. They can do this. (and so can you.) believe in them. Be their biggest cheerleader, but please, for your child's sake, don't step in and be the quarterback of their life. Allow your kid to have that win.
She feels more pain in the time period of mc. She didn't take any medicine. What to do. I can't see in pain:-(
हम सभी अंदर से सुंदर दिखने और त्रुटिरहित त्वचा की इच्छा रखते हैं। लेकिन जैसा कि हम सभी जानते हैं, शेल्फ से, वाणिज्यिक, सौंदर्य उत्पाद इतने महंगा हो सकते हैं। इसके अलावा, उनमें से कई में कठोर तत्व होते हैं जो आपके लिए हानिकारक भी हो सकते हैं। पर्यावरण में पाए जाने वाले विषाक्त पदार्थों और हानिकारक रसायन स्थिति को बदतर बना देते है।
हमारी गतिहीन जीवन शैली, अनुचित आहार, और शराब और धूम्रपान भी हमारे सुंदर और स्वस्थ होने में एक बाधा बन जाते हैं। लेकिन, एक स्वस्थ और सुंदर रंग प्राप्त करना वास्तव में कोई रॉकेट विज्ञान नहीं है। नीचे दिए गए प्राकृतिक होममेड ब्यूटी टिप्स और कुछ प्रयास के साथ आप हर त्वचा की समस्या को ठीक कर सकते हैं और लुभावनी सुंदर हो सकते हैं। आपकी त्वचा को सर्वोत्तम तरीके से बनाए रखने के लिए इसकी विशेषताओं, आवश्यकताओं और कमियों को समझना बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है। अपनी त्वचा का प्रकार निर्धारित करें, समस्याओं की तलाश करें और फिर इसके लिए उचित घर उपाय चुनें।
घर का सौंदर्य युक्तियाँ
त्वचा, शरीर और स्वास्थ्य के लिए महंगे सौंदर्य उत्पादों के कुछ प्राकृतिक विकल्प यहां दिए गए हैं:
- हनी फेस मास्क, तैलीय त्वचा के लिए:कच्ची शहद स्वाभाविक रूप से एंटी-बैक्टीरियल और नरम, सुंदर त्वचा पाने के लिए एक त्वरित तरीका है। हनी में जीवाणुरोधी और एंटीसेप्टिक गुण होते हैं जो तेल स्राव को कम करने में मदद करते हैं। एक कटोरे में नींबू का रस और शहद मिलाएं। चेहरे पर इस मिश्रण को लागू करें और इसे लगभग 15-20 मिनट तक सूखने दें। फिर इसे धो लें।
- ब्लैकहैड्स के लिए:धनिया के पत्तों और हल्दी पाउडर का चेहरा पैक ब्लैकहैड्स के लिए एक महान समाधान है। धनिया गंदगी को साफ करने का काम करता है, जबकि हल्दी आपकी त्वचा में अतिरिक्त तेल निकालने में मदद करती है। हल्दी पाउडर के दो चम्मच के साथ धनिया को हल्का पीसकर पेस्ट बना लें। इस पेस्ट को अपने चेहरे पर लागू करें और इसे रात भर रखें। अगले दिन ठंडे पानी के साथ इसे धो लें। ब्लैकहैड से छुटकारा पाने के लिए, इसका नियमानुसार सप्ताह में कम से कम दो बार पालन करें।
- शुष्क त्वचा के लिए फेस पैक:दही और बेसन शुष्क त्वचा के लिए चमत्कार कर सकते हैं। बेसन त्वचा के लिए एक सफाई एजेंट के रूप में कार्य करता है और दही में मॉइस्चराइजिंग प्रभाव होता है। इसलिए, दही और बेसन का फेस पैक शुष्क त्वचा को पोषण देने और मृत कोशिकाओं को हटाने के लिए एक अद्भुत तरीका है। चिकना पेस्ट बनाने के लिए बेसन के दो बड़े चम्मच, दही के एक चम्मच, शहद के एक चम्मच और हल्दी की एक चुटकी मिलाएं। अपने चेहरे पर समान रूप से लागू करें और इसे लगभग पांच मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर इसे ठंडे पानी से धो लें। सूखी त्वचा का इलाज करने के लिए आप इसे नियमित रूप से कर सकते हैं।
- चेहरे पर दाने के लिए:चंदन पाउडर के आधा चम्मच के साथ हल्दी पाउडर की एक छोटी मात्रा और मुल्तानी मिट्टी के दो चम्मच मिलाएं। एक पेस्ट बनाने के लिए थोड़ा नींबू का रस जोड़ें और इसे अपने चेहरे पर लागू करें। इसे सूखने दें और फिर इसे ठंडे पानी से धो लें।
मुतानी मित्टी मैग्नीशियम क्लोराइड का समृद्ध स्रोत है, और मुँहासे के निशान को कम करने और त्वचा को साफ रखने में मदद करता है। जबकि, हल्दी एक एंटीसेप्टिक है और आपकी त्वचा के पीएच स्तर को भी बनाए रखता है।
- कोहनी और घुटने को चमकदार बनाने के लिए:एक संतरे को बीच मे से काट लें और अपने कोहनी और घुटनों पर रगड़ें। उसके बाद इसे धो लें।
- शारीरिक स्क्रब:नारियल के तेल के दो बड़े चम्मच, दालचीनी का एक चम्मच, कसा हुए अदरक का एक चम्मच, ब्राउन शुगर का एक बड़ा चमच और जई का एक बड़ा चमच मिलाएं। यह मृत त्वचा कोशिकाओं से छुटकारा पाने में मदद करता है, नरम और अधिक चमकदार त्वचा पाने के लिए।
- प्राकृतिक शैम्पू:1 कप पानी के साथ ¼ कप सेब का सिरका मिलाएं। अपने बाल धोने के लिए इसे एक शैम्पू के रूप में उपयोग करें।
- प्राकृतिक कंडीशनर:आप प्राकृतिक बाल कंडीशनर तैयार करने के लिए एवाकाडो का उपयोग कर सकते हैं। एक अंडे की जर्दी, शहद का एक बड़ा चमचा और एवाकाडो तेल का एक बड़ा चमच, एक पीसे हुए एवोकैडो के साथ मिलाएं। इसे अपने बालों में लागू करें और करीब 15 मिनट तक छोड़ दें। फिर इसे धो लें।
Sir meri girl friend ka menstural cycle 19 februray ko start tha aur hmne 29 february ko maine apna sperm uske vagina par ejaculate kiya. Kya wo pregnant ho sakti hai.
How physiotherapy can help through pregnancy and after pregnancy:
Pregnancy and childbirth throw a woman's daily routine out for a toss. During and after pregnancy is the time when her body undergoes a number of hormonal and physical changes. Mundane tasks like sitting, standing, walking, and working become a challenge.
Research suggests that almost all pregnant women experience musculoskeletal discomfort but around 25% become temporarily disabled because of it. All these occur due to the incredible changes taking place in the body during a normal pregnancy.
Pregnancy discomfort has been accepted as a part of the normal process of pregnancy for years now. But just because you are pregnant does not necessarily mean that you have to accept problems like a backache and pelvic girdle pain as unmanageable. Doctors of today have realized that physiotherapy is the key to enhancing a woman's health during pregnancy. The main aim of physiotherapy is to reduce discomfort, to prepare the body for delivery and to speed-up recovery after childbirth.
Physiotherapy through pregnancy
The basic aim of physiotherapy during pregnancy is to help the body deal with issues related to mobility, musculature, circulation and respiration. Prior to starting an effective antenatal (before birth) program, a thorough evaluation is done to recognize which exercises would be best suited to the woman's needs. These exercises are aimed at strengthening muscles,
decreasing joint pain, correcting muscle imbalances, and increasing the overall range of motion of the body. Therapists may also advise you about correct sleeping positions as your normal sleeping routine may be disturbed during pregnancy.
Here's how physiotherapy deals with some common complaints experienced by women during pregnancy.
Lower back pain: almost all pregnant women experience low back pain, though it tends to become severe after third trimester begins because the woman's centre-of-gravity shifts due to the increase in the stomach size. Lower back pain is treated with manual and passive physiotherapy, back support, postural education, and some pilates exercises. Home exercises are also taught which the women are encouraged to continue at home.
Pain in the sacroiliac joints: sacroiliac joints are present in the lowest region of the lower back. This pain is usually concentrated in the buttock region. During pregnancy, due to excessive hormone release, the body's connective tissues tend to relax so that the muscles can stretch to aid in delivery. This may cause the sacroiliac muscles and ligaments to become excessively mobile, causing extreme joint movements. Due to this, the woman may experience difficulty in lifting the leg, swelling in the joints, pain in the hips, and difficulty while standing and sitting. Strengthening exercises are provided by the physiotherapist to stabilize the joints and hands-on therapy is given to reduce the pain by realigning the pelvis.
Urinary incontinence (due to pelvic floor weakness): progesterone, which is known as the pregnancy hormone, relaxes the muscles of the pelvic floor in order for it to be supple and ready for delivery. Therefore, these muscles can weaken and strain during pregnancy and childbirth, which leads to urinary incontinence (unable to contain or retain urine) and pelvic floor dysfunction. Physiotherapists will teach you strengthening exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. They may also provide you with a pilates based exercise program to help reduce the muscle weakness that may occur after childbirth.
Sciatica: sciatica is a problem that a lot of pregnant women experience. Continuous pressure or strain on the sciatic nerve can lead to backache, and weakness, numbness and tingling in the leg or associated areas. Physiotherapy uses stretching exercises and manual therapy to relieve you of these symptoms.
Carpal tunnel syndrome: this condition is caused due to build-up of excessive fluid resulting in swelling in the carpal tunnel in the wrist. You may experience symptoms like pain, numbness, tingling, and loss of coordination in your hands and fingers. Physiotherapy techniques such as mobilization, strengthening exercises, stretching, and soft tissue techniques help to reduce these symptoms. In severe cases, a wrist brace may be provided to put on during specific activities to minimize inflammation.
Physiotherapy after pregnancy
Physiotherapy does not stop once your baby is born. It is very much part of post-natal care too. Gentle physiotherapy exercises must be started two days after the baby's birth. However, this must only be done after consulting with your doctor. Most hospitals have physiotherapists who will offer their services before you are discharged. For the first six weeks after childbirth, your body is still in the recovery phase and walking is the best exercise for you. Start with short walks, and then slowly increase time, distance, and speed of your walks, according to your comfort. Swimming is another good exercise, but you can only start with this after you have recovered properly. If you experience any pain and discomfort, discontinue the activity immediately and consult your doctor. After six weeks, with the go-ahead from your doctor, you can start with sports and exercise classes.
Women also experience certain post-natal complications. Here is how physiotherapy helps you recover from them.
Low back pain: physiotherapy techniques such mobilization, stretching, strengthening, soft tissue techniques, and hydrotherapy are very beneficial in reliving post-natal backache. Certain pilates exercises are also helpful.
Weakness of pelvic floor muscles: immediately after childbirth, the pelvic floor muscles are weakened. These muscles can be strengthened by pilates based exercise program and other exercises specific to pelvic floor muscle strengthening, which the physiotherapist will teach you.
Sacroiliac joint pain: this pain can continue after pregnancy too. Strengthening exercises and hydrotherapy can help in regaining normal muscle tone.
Diastasis recti or abdominal separation: generally this condition occurs in women who have undergone multiple pregnancies. A physiotherapist will provide you strengthening exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
A woman's body undergoes incredible strain during pregnancy, and physiotherapy is something that can make the entire process so much easier. It aims not only at your recovery but enhances your body's ability to have a smooth and easy delivery. Physiotherapy makes the experience of pregnancy positive and joyful, just as it should be.
My wife is pregnant and it is 2nd month of her so please tell me how I care her from 2 month to 9 month and which food and diet and etc are give her.
Sir I am 36 years old n got married one year ago. We are planning for child. Please tell me the best time to engage in sexual intercourse? Also what is the best time to meet i. E. At night or at early hours?
Constipation is the most widely found problem of mankind. Almost the largest number of drugs, are available for the problem and largest sums of money are spent by people to get rid of it. Even then the medical science does not recognise it as a serious disease.
To some extent they are correct. Constipation is not a disease as such, it is merely a condition but it can be responsible for attacks of almost all diseases which are effecting the humans. Unfortunately it is also spreading wildly as the civilization is spreading and eating refined foods is becoming fashionable. Many drugs also cause constipation. If so the prescribing doctor should be immediately contacted for change of the prescription.
The present treatment of the condition is drugs of three different types.
B) Bulk forming
Lubricating drugs include various oils, milk of magnesia etc. These drugs lubricate the elementary canal and/or lubricate the faeces and thus facilitate the movement. These are the least damaging type of drugs. Yet they can make even undigested foods to pass through the system or cause diarrhoea.
Bulk forming drugs include isabgol, rice bran etc. When the bulk is increased the faeces move and are expelled faster. It should be remembered that these are just substitutes for the fibre which is lost during various processes adopted in kitchens. It is clearly foolishness to first throw away the natural fibre and replace it by purchasing substitutes from the market. Further rejected natural fibre carries away several essential nutrients with them, which are not replaced by the additives.
The agitating type drugs include several herbs and chemicals which are not acceptable to the system and therefore the system works extra harder to get rid of them. These ultimately tire out the system and weaken it. The weakened system requires more powerful drugs and the endless race starts. Thus this category causes maximum harm to the digestive system.
It is now obvious that all the above drugs are not the cure for constipation. These have only a onetime effect and can harm the system.
In fact the cure for constipation lies in life style itself. To get rid of it one should follow the following advice:
- Avoid refined foods.
- Eat maximum foods in raw form.
- Eat lots of salads and fruits so that there is enough fibre in the food.
- Avoid refined flour (Maida), polished rice etc.
- Do some regular exercise so that the body, including gut is in good health.
- Eat sprouted boiled pulses instead of pulses available in the market.
- Do not peel all those vegetables which can be used without peeling. Even if peeling is absolutely necessary do by minimum possible.
- Drink sufficient water. (Humans need about 3 litres of water every day).
- Try discharge faeces twice a day-Morning and Evening.
- Never ignore an urge. Attend to it as early as possible.
Even then sometimes the faeces become dry and hard. In all such cases instead of applying pressure it is better to take a plain water enema (Douche). It is totally harmless, does not form habit, and convenient to take. It is very important to get rid of constipation. Since constipation is the main cause of several diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a yoga-and-naturopathy.