Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. IndiraYour feedback matters!
Hi, Me and my wife trying for baby from past 3 months. She missed her period by 7 days around. Her last period 's last date was 28th Dec 2016. N ow when we did home pregnancy test, we got positive result. After that we did Blood Beta HCG (Free) test, and the number came as 7.05.And I was told the report is negative. So what it concludes? Why her period did not start and why the urine test came positive where as blood report is negative. She did not have any other symptoms apart from sore breast. Please advise.
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits, such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Helps in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym workouts are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore, more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages, whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere.
Meri pregnancy h mera Pura time hone wala h mujhe per stomach me dard bhut rahta h aisa kyu.Please tell.
I removed iud after 1 year bec with iud I was suffering frm excessive bleeding during menstruation. But after removing I m bleeding excessively with clots. Done usg it states severe endrometrial hyperplasia. Size 26mm. I hv a question that if I m bleeding naturally than y shud I do dnc. N shud I take iron tab to maintain my haemglobin.
Dear Doctor, I did my home pregnancy tests it came positive then I did a Beta HCG on 6th Aug it was 198.30. Then the doctor said no gestation sack and no fetal pole after an internal scan. So on 15th Aug I did another beta HCG it's 726 and yet I got a small blood clot today and I see like tissue particles light brown when I pass urine. Please advise am I pregnant?
I am 30 year old lady suffering from pcos for the last 8 years. I have a kid of 5 years & now I am 8 weeks pregnant. I my 1st pregnancy also the embryo &heart beat were seen at 12 weeks, it was such a slow development. Now I have same problem. Urine tests r faint +ve and have 12 mm Endometrial thickness at 6 weeks, embryo is not seen yet. What type of food is good for embryo development. At present I am taking daily susten 300cap & 1 susten 100 injection per 3 days. I had many miscarriages in the past. What should I do ?i had the same problem with 1st pregnancy. What happen if I stop progesterone suddenly? Thanks a lot.
Am 25 yrs old, I want to get pregnant, I did all the test whatever required for pregnancy- Everything is normal. Scan, HSG etc. Also for my husband. But still I didn't get pregnant. My height- 5.2' weight- 62 BP-70/120- Please advice.
I am just 19, and 3 weeks pregnant, started vomiting, loose motion, and nausea, I can't even tell my patents or relatives, and in medical stores also they won't give pills without any prescription, I am so confused, help me, you r my only hope, can I take aspirin and can I get without prescription.
I have irregular periods. I got my periods this month on the very first day of this month and then again on 20th may I got my period back. I have had a history of severe polystic overly syndrome, I had no periods for 6 months. But now the condition has improved and now I get every month, but this irregular periods is my only problem.
I am 41 year old female have fibroid in my uterus, in every monthly circle I face a terrible pain. Doctors suggest to remove uterus, but I am not able to go through with surgery. Kindly suggest.
1. Low in fat with no cholesterol
2. Contains essential heart friendly omega-3 fats
3. An excellent source of fiber
4. Is a good source of enriched calcium and vitamin b12
5. Is a complete protein, containing all the amino acids essential to human nutrition
6. Provides important minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron and selenium
7. Rich in probiotics in the form of fermented soy products, such as miso, tempeh, and soy yogurt
8. Contains isoflavones which are beneficial in reducing risk of various cancers, heart disease and osteoporosis
9. Whole soy foods such as tofu and tempeh form a nutrient rich alternative to meat.
Ayurveda, translated into science of life and longevity, has been practiced in India for more than 5000 years and has gained worldwide popularity. It uses noninvasive and natural methods, produces minimal side effects and therefore, is being widely accepted.
Ayurveda believes that the body is made of pitta, vata, and kapha systems (or doshas) and diseases are due to imbalance between these or predominance of one over the others. Obesity for instance is believed to be due to kapha predominance, leading to excessive eating and thereby obesity. There are various herbs (listed below) that are used in treatment of weight loss, and they all act by burning more fat and improving natural metabolism.
Vrikshamla (Garcinia cambogia): Known commonly as brindleberry or mangosteen oil tree or malabar tamarind, this helps to reduce triglycerides and control cholesterol. It also suppresses appetite and inhibits lipogenesis (conversion of sugars to fat)
Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra): Licorice has been widely accepted as an anti obesity herb, especially in reducing abdominal fat. It acts by reducing the amount of triglyceride in the liver and blood. It also contain flavonoids, which slow down oxidation of fatty acids.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale): An herb with varied medicinal properties, ginger has a multitude of health benefits. It promotes weight loss by lowering cholesterol and reducing fat accumulation. It also regulates metabolism of cholesterol and oxidation of fatty acids.
Kalonji (Glycyrrhiza Glabra): During clinical trials, the seed extract of Kalonji has been shown to improve body mass index and lead to better waist-hip ratios.
Myrhh (Commiphora Resin): The bark of the flowering Mukul Myrhh tree produces a sticky, yellowish resin that has been identified to be a steroid compound. It is harvested in winters and considered to act on all 3 doshas and provide an equilibrium in the body. Commonly known as guggul, it translates to "one that protects against disease." That in a way sums up its medicinal properties. In obese people, it helps by lowering blood cholesterol and triglycerides and is considered a very powerful fat burner.
It is proven that Ayurveda is a safe method to help you lose weight. Also, please note that each of these above products will have benefits in other medical conditions and not used only in obesity cases. In addition to the above specific products, there should be a combination of healthy eating and exercise, which primarily drives weight loss. Balancing eating and sleeping to homogenise the three doshas in the body is also very important for effective weight loss. Increasing water intake, reducing alcohol intake, planning protein-carb ratio, and customized exercise routine are are aspects to be considered.
Vaginal discharge or odor is one of the most common conditions in women, yet the least talked about or taken help for. It is of vital importance that more and more women become aware of the condition and stop neglecting it. It is this neglect towards the condition that leads to some ancillary side effects and the increase in the complexity of the situation. Before things take a turn for the bad, it is imperative that you take help from concerned medical specialists and fight the condition during its initial days itself.
Why consult a specialist?
Treating the condition as soon as you notice it leads you to stem other diseases and infections that may be caused as a side effect. Also, vaginal discharge and foul odor can become not only the cause of discomfort for your day to day life, but also a great hindrance in your private life. Don’t let a curable condition hamper your personal life and most importantly your conjugal life. Visiting a doctor will help you get rid of both the excessive discharge and foul order. All you have to do is shred that mental neglect and confining attitude, step out of the home and make way to the doctor’s clinic.
What causes vaginal discharge?
Some of the most common causes of vaginal discharge include-
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infection is by far the most common cause of vaginal discharge. This relatively common condition is caused by fungus. This factor is characterised by itchiness, irritation and swelling.
- Urethritis: Another cause influencing excessing vaginal discharge includes Urethritis. This condition is influenced by the inflammation and irritation in the tube carrying urine, also referred to as the urethra.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is an alarming cause of vaginal discharge. This disease is sexually transmitted and affects warm and wet areas of the body.
Other causes of vaginal discharge include pregnancy, anxiety, cervix inflammation, cervical cancer or history of the same.
Causes of vaginal foul odor:
Some of the most common causes of vaginal odor are-
- Infection: Fungal infection is a major cause of vaginal odor.
- Sweat: Accumulation of sweat in wet and humid areas of the body leads to a certain amount of odor. The same goes for the vagina.
- Hormonal change: Change in hormone and discharges also lead to a foul-smelling vagina.
- Overused tampon: Using a tampon for a longer period than prescribed can also lead to accumulation of periodical blood and bacteria, leading to foul smell from the vagina.
Treating vaginal discharge and foul odor:
In case that vaginal discharge and a foul odor is becoming a major concern in your life and making things uncomfortable for you, it is the time that you make your way to a medical specialist. Other preventive practices often suggested by doctors include- wearing loose clothes, not wearing a tampon for a long time, losing weight, consulting a gynaecologist before starting a specific treatment or medication, etc.