Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Inder Preet SinghYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from yellow teeth, while daily I clean my tooth. Some people have cleaned tooth from dentist they were complaining now they have feeling cold in tooth while drinking cold water. Please suggest how can I clean my tooth.
I am a 36 year old woman. Suffering from severe toothache. The gums are leaving. Not able to chew food properly. Had taken medicines. Taking precautions. Even then don't getting any relief. Please suggest. Feeling like to die.
If mouth ulcer occur in different place again and again for more than 25 days. Is it a symptoms of cancer?
I have a severe sensitivity in my front teeth, when I eat cold or hot things, the pain is so intolerable and I can't handle it what should I do?
I have dentures. Do I need to brush? What are the most common problems with baby teeth, and what can be done to avoid them?
From a news site I came to know that presence of fluoride in water causes damages to bones and other nervous systems. If it is true then is tooth paste with fluoride is injurious to health?
Hi, I am 34 years old male and having gaps in 4 upper front teeth. I visited one dentist in Agra, he is periodontics by professions and he advised me for braces and veneers cost 40-50k, that is too high but they not suggested composite bonding or any cost effective method. Please help me what is should do.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.