Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Inder Mohan ChughYour feedback matters!
Hi sir my son is 3 years old from the last 2 days my son has cough and blocked nose suddenly fever came doctor prescribed P 250 levolin and relent plus but it is of no use the fever subsides can you Tel me the antibiotic sir.
Can you suggest twin delivery mother caring tips. Looks milk is not producing enough. Can we use milk powder to babies. If yes. What are they?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My son is 5 years old. He is not able to speak but can hear like normal child. Yesterday he fell down and half right hand part of his body was not moving. After 1 hour again he becomes normal. Which type of disease it is.
What is a growth disorder?
A growth disorder is any type of problem in infants, children, or teenagers that prevents normal growth. Normal growth depends upon several factors, such as nutrition, genetics, and hormones (chemical messengers of the body). Hormones are necessary for normal growth and development; they regulate the body's growth, metabolism (the physical and chemical processes of the body), and sexual development and function.
Endocrine (hormonal) causes of growth disorders include thyroid hormone deficiency (hypothyroidism), growth hormone deficiency, hypopituitarism, or other hormone disorders. However, some growth problems are not necessarily growth disorders; normal variants of growth patterns include genetic short height (familial short stature) and slow growth/delayed puberty (constitutional growth delay).
Although growth hormone was originally used to treat growth hormone deficiency (this group of patients respond the best to growth hormone therapy), there have been other conditions for which growth hormone therapy has been approved for use. These include Turner syndrome, chronic renal insufficiency, Prader-Willi syndrome, and children who were small for gestational age and have not caught up in their growth by the age of two years. In 2003 the FDA approved the use of growth hormone for children who have
I don't have enough milk to feed my 12 month baby give me prescription To increase. My brestmilk supply?
My wife had Cesarean, her is inverted nipple, baby can't suck milk, We used breast pump, but milk not coming. Sometimes will get about 30 to 40 ml, which food should she eat to increase milk.
Hi. My son is 2.5year old is having the habit of biting nails. In the process he started eating skin also. Pls advise.
My son is vomiting. Before 5-6 days he was passing stools. Dr. said its for cold. He is not taking food. What should I give him to eat.
My baby girl is 7.5 months old and her weight is 6.5 kg. At the time of birth her weight was 3.1 kg. I have exclusively breast feed my baby till now. My doctor suggested me to give her formula milk (Similac formula stage 2) to increase her weight. Is it good to give her FM and breast milk (combination feeding) or else I will go with the only breast feeding.
My 10 month old baby crying during urination. I have consult with local pediatrics and suggested me for urine test. Urine test is normal but my baby is crying so much during urination. Please suggest what to do.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.