Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Inder KasturiaYour feedback matters!
My doubt is whether we can use modalert 100 mg to refrain from sleep during exams? How many hours can we stay awake with it? I mean duration of its power?
Suffering from neck pain almost 2 weeks no changes for it. Yesterday she take neck massage but not use at all Please help.
How safe is using sildenafil? How much time before it should be consumed? Are there any alternatives? Is there any natural remedy to cure premature ejaculation?
I am 45 year old male with a high Haemoglobulin (17) in my blood. PCV (58) Doctors told me to do phlebotomy in every three months and keep the PCV under 45. That's fine. My platelets are always at 1, 5. But till date they couldn't identify whether this due to Polycythemia or something else. Many of the facts are not matching for Polycythemeia symptoms.
Hello sir! I have been feeling dizziness and heaviness on left side of my head for one week. I have taken so many medicines for the remedy (e. G panadol, disprin) but I have no recovery. Kindly guide me what is the reason behind this heaviness. I feel like a heavy thing is placed just at one point of my head. Sir kindly tell me that is it dangerous or not?
Hey. Im Sourag. In smaller I had a bad experience that I can't forget because of it I can't be able to sleep well without doing the masturbation. Now I am adult when I see the movie of sex addict is related to me I searched on Google and got you pls say any remedy for it.
Hi, I am 30 male from kolkata. I have very weak legs, actually my lower body is very thin compare to my chest and abdomen section. Now I am feeling, my arms are also getting weaker. I did a test for Vitamin D, it results that I have deficiency of Vitamin D. And when ever I have sex with my wife, next day I feel dizzy and feel my knee even more weaker for next few days? Please suggest me something.
Doctor advised to take Glycomet GP 1 forte (glimepiride 1 mg Metformin 1000 mg) twice a day, Can I take two tablets (glimepiride 1 mg + metformin 500 mg in one tablet & metformin 500 mg in another tablet) at the same time, i.e 4 tablets in a day. Will that combination work same as the Glycomet GP 1 forte?
Why can’t I get and keep an erection? What is erectile dysfunction (ED)? What causes erectile dysfunction?
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary