Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Inder Ahuja
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Inder AhujaYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I am from kanpur. Also I am married my question is 6 months ago I was fit n fine after marriage I feel bone pain like right side hand and knee. But I have already taken calcium tabs before 3 days but sir some doctors suggested me to get uric acid test done and calcium test that is right or not ? and how can recover from pain please tell me sir as soon as possible.
There is pain in my nerves, hands and feet. And there seems to be weakness. I'm always tired. Please help me.
I am 43 years male diabetes patient, I have problems in my both the knees, I cant stand up easily once I sat in the chair for more than 1 hour. Is it any side effect of diabetes, if yes what is the solution for this, please advice.
With age, most bones of the body undergo degenerative changes leading to reduced movement. The cartilage that is present in the joints allowing free movement is gradually lost due to wear and tear. This loss of cartilage makes the movement painful. This can also be caused by obesity and trauma, but age is the most common cause. The reduced movement leads to weight gain, which further aggravates the osteoarthritis.
Hips are one of the most commonly affected areas of osteoarthritis. Especially with overweight people, hips are quite often affected. In most people, early diagnosis can help in arresting progress and even reverse changes. This will help avoid chronic use of pain medications and major surgical treatments for managing the osteoarthritis.
Some of the most effective ways of managing osteoarthritis include the following:
- Weight loss: Reducing weight is one the most important cornerstones of managing osteoarthritis. People who reduce weight will see a drastic improvement in their symptoms.
- Pain medications: Pain is one of the main reasons that people seek medical help and that is when the diagnosis is made. Therefore, for immediate relief, pain control is essential. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used to control pain. In parallel, other measures for long-term control of osteoarthritis should be undertaken.
- Cold therapy: Using cold packs in the area of pain can provide great relief from pain attacks.
- Electrotherapy: Use of mild amounts of electricity can stimulate the nerve endings, reduce pain, and help in pain control.
- Dry Needling: Dry needling is an effective and efficient technique for the treatment of arthritis pain. Dry needling or intramuscular stimulation (IMS) is extremely effective for relaxing overactive muscles, which contain trigger points. In simple terms, the treatment involves needling of a muscle's trigger points without injecting any substance.
- Soft tissue massage: The soft tissues around the affected hip joint are regularly massaged, augmented by the use of a topical agent, which can help relieve the pain. The circulation is also improved, which can help in long-term symptom management including improved immune functions.
- Regular exercise: A well-planned routine exercise regimen will help control pain, improve movement, reduce fatigue, improve endurance, and improve the overall quality of life. All affected tissues should be covered in the exercise bones, muscles and cartilage.
Using a combination of these techniques, the physiotherapy will aim to achieve the following.
- Pain relief and protection: The first thing to manage is the pain, which brings the patient to the doctor. Once that is controlled, then long-term management needs to be planned.
- Restoring hip movement and strength: Once the pain settles down, then the muscle strength, tension, endurance, and range of motion need to be worked upon. This restoration will be done in phases, and with each phase, greater range of motion will be achieved with lesser discomfort to the patient.
Physiotherapy uses various techniques to minimise symptoms and in some people, even complete reversal of changes is possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Good afternoon sir/mam. I am nilima, my mother is 55, fat & short, she is having problem in her knee from long time. I request please give me if any solution.
Hi, I'm 28 years old. I consistently feel pain in my legs. What can I do to resolve it? How can I lose weight?
From last 2 months my friend has severe back pain due to that back pain he is not able to walk and also headache.
My self Dr Krishan Mohan, Physiotherapy. And today I am gonna talk about RSI. Repetitive Strain Injury. Repetitive Strain Injury is a collected form of muscle pain, which include your muscle tendon. It's because of your repetitive moments, like static movements, prolong sitting, you are hurting your muscles. The cause of RSI is your muscles are getting pressure. While, getting a pressure, your blood circulation is getting low in that area which will be a type of pain you are getting. It’s a, how you will find it’s a repetitive strain? repetitive strain is a stage. In a beginning stage, while doing work on your workstation you will get a pain very quickly, and after your, after your workstation, work will be finished. Then you will not be getting your pain. And it disappears quickly. Then the next stage you will get your pain very quickly. Means while working, if your office timing will be around 9 to 10 am means it will start from 11 while getting pain and pain and it disappears very slowly. And in the third stage always you are getting pain and its severity to other parts.
Apka agr maan lijiye jitna time late karty h nap utna hi time k bad hi ye pain jata hai is liye agr shurwat main hi pain Kisi ko dikha lety h ap ya doctor ki salah ly lety hn to ye bht jaldi thek ho jata hai. Waisy repetitive strain injury sy bachny k liye apko kch stretches krny chahyen. Apny work ko thori dair k liye pause krna chahye. Aur wo stretches kch is tarha k hn k jaisy ap ny arms ko aisy kr lia. Forearm, shoulder, sbhi fingers k lye, jaisy ap typing krty ho arm should be straight, like this type of things you have to notice. That’s it. Aur agr apko zyada kch jan kari chahye repetitive strain injury k apka pain bht time sy hai. Ap usy thek nahi karwa pa rhy hn to 100% wo repetitive strain hi hai. Jo k ap k kam krny sy daily daily ata hai. Ap Lybrate k through mery sy contact kar skty ho ya mera clinic hai sector 49 main. Ap kabhi bhi yahan a skty hn.