Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ImranYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am facing fungal infection near to my private part it is very uncomfortable to me it is been long ti w that I an facing this. I am taking medicines and also using medical powder and skin cream it is helping me to get rid of it however it is completely curing it I want finish it completely Pls help Best regards Avdhesh soni.
Every woman endures menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications, and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in b-estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily skin: testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial hair: some women show the development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging skin and wrinkles: decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. Uv rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning epidermis: this leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / age spots: melanin production is tampered.
How to fight against it
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
- Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum spf30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly-coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. Helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
- Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.
I am living in mumbai and going to karnatak for a wedding to prevent tan which cream or lotion should I use? Suggest please.
Hii, I am 28 years old, I am having scars on my face. It gets lightened when I have taken skin treatment. But then I used bio oil, then again all those fade scars have become visible again. What should I do?
Skin problem it is. When I was around 15 years I was pure counted as fair guy. But now I am 23, having some bad habits, dull face it is, small pimples on some portion, little small small spots are there. My height is 174 cm, and weight 98kg. Is there any home solution. Thanking you.
My hear white What can I do after my hair is black please fast or simple tips fast answer I am very confused plz.
My hair is so thin. But nowadays hair fall happen alot. So I just picked my damages hair. Pls give suggestion to reduce hair fall. And laso fast growth hair. What type of shampoo, conditioners am I need to use?
I have got dark circles and have applied a lot of creams but doesn't work so how can I get rid of my dark circles.
Sir i am suffering from hair loss and dandruff problem. Tell me the solution for solving my problem.
I am home make and the color of the skin is changing towards darker tone. What is to be done to maintain the tone.
For skin. From 2 days my hair falling is too much. If I have not use shampoo only one day then etching on my head to badly. Pls doct help me.
I have very rough hair and it is not possible for me to Keep hair without oil and hair loss is also.I have tried lot of thing at home but no effect please help me.
Is there any oral medicine for skin lighting in allopathy and also is any side effects for the medicine.
Sir I am 25 years old. My father has four male childern. My father has strong bold head. So I only get that bold head problem out of 4 childern since my 12years. Everyday many hair strans falling down. So my question is if anyone who having heavy sexual feelings will cause for bold head. And doesnot bold head follow certain age limit to comes in like in 40's. But why I get very early stage of 15 years. Once I consult dermotologist for hair fall and he replied due to your high blood pressure your hair is falling. Is this right answer or not ?
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.