Lybrate.com has top trusted Speech Therapists from across India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. I. Haque
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. I. HaqueYour feedback matters!
My brother suffering from stammering. Till 7year. When he was in tension he doesn't speak anyword. U answer me. Plzz.
Problems that create difficulty in speaking-
I’m an ENT specialist. I served in the army for 15 years, following which I am now in private practice in Vasant Vihar, South Delhi. Today, we will discuss hoarsness, or cracking of the voice or difficulty in speaking.
Hoarseness of the voice quite commonly arises if you have some kind of a vocal strain or a sore throat that has not been adequately treated. Nowadays, we believe that acidity reflux can also cause hoarseness. If your voice has been hoarsed and you are not speaking for more than at least two to three weeks, it is essential for you to have your vocal cords checked and diagnosed because we want to make sure that you are not suffering from any dangerous disease like cancer or some other problem which can spread and which is important for us to treat early.
If you go to the ENT specialist for an appointment, they normally will give a local anaesthetic in your throat and take a detailed look at your vocal cords with scopes which are either 70degreese or a 90-degree radioscopy. Sometimes they will like to do flexible fibre operated laparoscopy which would let them see your vocal cords in great detail. my request to you is hoarseness that is persisting for some time please do not ignore as it could be as serious problem.
As well as health tips are concerned we normally request people to not to speak very loudly not to speak for very long a period at a time. If your throat goes dry while speaking please use some sips or water to moisten your throat. Avoid smoking avoid drinking alcohol and avoid taking chilled water because these can affect your vocal cords in a negative way.
If there is a problem you can get in touch with me via lybrate through the various problems available or call my clinic set up an appointment for us to evaluate you and find out your cause and treat you.
My child is unable speak more words. He is active and communicating with non verbal signs. He speaks few words like ba, dha,Amma, atha,and puvvu. And he understand and follow our instructions when we ask him to bring water he will bring. Please help me I am worrying. But his age children are speaking better than him.
My friend is suffering with inner voice since 6 years. Like, someone speaking with him all the times in his mind. He is unable to sleep and focus on work. Could you please suggest best doctors to treat theses types of issues in Bangalore? Thanks in advance!
Hey! I Have a husky voice since I was in class 6.I underwent endoscopy and many other test for the change in voice, they said there is no nodules in my voice box but certainly there is dust particles in lungs. I actually want to hear my real voice. I like my voice very much but it's husky and I sometimes feel bad. Isn't there anyway I can get my actual voice.
Many a time we see the child reach very late for speech therapy when they cross the critical age for speech and language development. Most of the time either grandparents say that child may talk late as there family member some body was delayed in language development or otherwise some other doctor says child will start speaking at the age of 5 or three. This can happen sometime that child may simply soeak late without any reason or maybe due to lack of stumulation at home. But one should always consult speech therapist for openion. If child is talking late there could be many reason. It may be due to lack of stimuation, may be due to attention difficlity, oral musle weakness, hearing loss, mental retardation, learing disability, autism. One should consult the speech therapist when child is of one and half year of age but not talking or otherwise small kid who has difficulity i. Feeding. If child does not see your face be aloof, like to enage in self play, does not menigal with other children or may be he is most of the time with screen. Do not hesitate to consult a qualified speech therapist.
He has à speech problem he can hear but can'speek. I am consulted with doctor. He said it will take time. Have you any suggestion for him?
Speech therapy is a very specific field of medicine where the therapists deal with speech disorders in children and adults, which may be a result of certain mental or personality disorders. These doctors can be essential when it comes to teaching a child how to articulate better and also to be more expressive of his/her feelings. Here is a look at a few of the benefits of a speech therapist in the life of a child suffering from speech impairment.
- Improvement of articulation skills: Articulation refers to the movement of the mouth, lips and tongue in such a manner so as to form and pronounce a word properly. Aside from the movement of the mouth, voice modulation also falls within the purview of articulation. A child suffering from speech impairment cannot perform this activity as easily as a healthy child does. This is where a speech therapist comes into play. These specialists can ensure that the child’s mouth movement and voice modulation can be in perfect harmony to form words normally.
- Language skills: Some form of mental disorders severely limit the number of new words or grammar rules that a child can learn. A speech therapist can aid such children in learning the basic rules of grammar and apply these rules when they speak out. So, it is quite likely that the therapists may also act as teachers for the children and improve their overall vocabulary.
- Improvement of listening skills: Difficulty in speaking can sometimes also lead to difficulty in understanding what others are saying. So, if your child has a speech impairment, it may mean that he has problems understanding what you say to him. In such a circumstance, the speech therapist can, for instance, help your child understand the difference between a question and a statement. In the long run, the listening skill will help your child comprehend you better.
- Reduction of stammering: Stuttering and stammering are forms of speech impairment that many children suffer from. However, such impairments can be easily rectified by undergoing a few sessions with a speech therapist. The therapist can clear your child’s speech and ensure that the stammering disappears by the time he/she grows up.
- Treat certain vocal conditions: Your child may be unable to speak clearly due to an issue with his/her vocal chords. If that is the case, speech therapists can sometimes help your child with the same. Abnormal vocal resonance can also be corrected by these specialists.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!