Lybrate.com has top trusted Speech Therapists from across India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. I. HaqueYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 34 years old male, having stammering, but got worse in last 3-4 years, when speak, face expressions get worse, want cure immediately with fluency. Please help. Staying in gurgaon. Want free or affordable hospital. What about TISA? Thanks.
I have little bit stammer, so how can I lose it. It is very difficult to talk with everyone. Pls give a solution for me, thank you.
I daily try to spoke English. But I can't speak to other. What can I do? How can I spoke? Please given some ideas and help please.
Dear doctor, everyday when I woke up. I used to have bad taste in my mouth and may be smell even, and every morning I need to wash my mouth just after getting up. I do not prefer to speak even because of that problem. And there are sometimes or most of the times traces of blood when I spit and wash my mouth in the morning just after waking up. What should I do, please suggest something, I never skip brushing and do not have any habit of smoking or eating anything like that.
My son is 9 year old, he is speaking very fast and repeating words and very bad pronounce continue walking or moving body cant stable any place for 2 minute, some times he lost presence of others, less sleeping, poor health, short memories. Thanks and regards
I stammer a lot while talking to strangers. The moment I start talking to strangers I start getting a panic attack. Going in depression because of this. Need help.
I have stuttering, apart from speech therapy is there any other treatment to improve the fluency of speech.
Nowadays my vocabulary sound is not good. It's very tough for others to understand . Mostly 'S' sound is coming while talking. What to do for this ? How can I change.
My daughter is 6 years old she is having a thikkuvaai. Some words are not clearly to say I am very feel pls doctor give a treatment pls once again I will ask you am waiting for your answer.
I am suffering from the stammering problem please tell what is the home remedies to get rid of this thanks.
Sir I have some problem in talking. When I talk unknowingly my words express very fast by me so that some of my words not understand by others. Again some letters are not pronounced correctly. Please tell me what to do and which type of doctors I prefer. Or prescribe me some medicine.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination.