Lybrate.com has top trusted Speech Therapists from across India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. I. HaqueYour feedback matters!
How the speech , memories, IQ level & concentrations of 26 years old autistic can be increased ? My son 26 yrs. old is having Autism. I am not giving him any medicines. Which supplements are required to be given for improving his speech & memory.
I can't pronounce some words correctly (words like R) Also my words are not clear Also it's much faster than others. I done one small surgery to remove some skin before 4 years Doctor told I will able to speak better but now it's not cleared.
Due to smoking at early age m 20 years but I do not have boldness in voice. What to do how to get hardness in voice.
I have this problem of stammering. I talk normally while speaking to friends. But an in known person or in a gathering I stammer. Wat can I do? Any medication?
Sir I have stammering problem due to unregulated breathing I feel like some congestion in throat. What should I do.
I speak very fast. How I can improve it? Is any treatment is there? What is the problem in my mouth? Give me solutions.
I am 50 Years of mail, I was Seek by typhoid. That time typhoid is a very serious of ill at Native Place side. There was getting Poor treatment so the all body and brain was fried by fever. (Bukhar) That time my circumstances was 22 days unconscious. Year 1979 My voice was completely band. I can`t speak One Year. Till 1980 I got Voice but not clear. Day by day my voice get but some time getting Depression and I can`t Speak Properly. Always I get Crazy. And voice getting (Chirakne) and and I can not Speak easily Getting Trouble to speak.
There is some black dots in my tongue and I think this is the reason that I am not able to speak fluently, can you suggest me what should I do?
I am student. Want to know how to counter stress and depression. I also get nervous to quickly and also problem while speaking.
Hello, my voice is very loud and harsh .I want to become a singer but my voice is a issue so plzzz help me that how can I make my voice sweet and soft and achieve my goal. Plzzzzz help me. And please also tell me that the treatment you suggest is how much costly.
Sir, my grandfather has several illnesses, and other doctors told me that it is not curable. Im mot certain what the diseases are, but im going to describe some conditions about him. My grandfather is unable to move properly and always lies on the bed. He can barely walk. His speech is very slurred and needs extra effort to speak clearly. It has gotten to the point where we are unable to understand him. He also remains always idle. He never moves and stares at the ceiling. He also had alzheimer before showing these conditions, where he sometimes forgot smaller details spoken to him. He now never speaks, does not react to our voices, and other external stimuli. Could you please tell me what is going on? Thank you.
There are instances when a kid doesn’t show the usual signs of development compared to their peers. Most parents take it casually thinking that their child will catch up in due course only to find a larger problem associated with it. It is therefore extremely important to discuss speech and language related delays with a medical practitioner to find out whether a child is immature or has a genuine problem which requires medical help. A child can show different signs as per age:
Different age group:
- Within the first 12 months, a baby should be able to relate to his environment and make babbling and cooing sound. It is often observed that by month 9, a baby is capable of stringing sounds after seeing things. If a baby is intently watching objects, but is unable to make any sound, this may be an early symptom of speech or language related problem.
- Between the 12th and the 15th month, a baby should be capable of making a wide array of sounds including few commonly used words. Babies should also be able to take few basic instructions and oblige those.
- Between the age of 18th and 24th months, a baby becomes smart enough to pronounce anywhere in the range of 20 to 50 words. They also start combining words and make simple sentences. They should be capable of identifying common objects and remember their names.
- By the age of 3, a toddler should be smart enough to combine 4-5 words and form sentences. Kids of this age also become smart enough to take straightforward instructions and perform them comfortably. Any deviation on this should be immediately reported to the Doctor.
What are the warning signs?
If a child between the age of 1-2 is not able to do the following things:
- Fails to use gesture
- Use more gesture than vocalising by the age of 18 months
- Produce no voice by 18th-month
- Fails to perform simple instructions
A child between the age of 2-3 needs evaluation if:
- Capable of imitating words but isn’t spontaneous in vocalising
- Repeats certain words multiple times
- The tone of voice is unusual compared to his peers
Possible causes of speech and language delay:
- Problems with palate leading to oral impairments
- Short frenulum restricting sufficient tongue movement to produce speech
- Oral-motor problems leading to speech limitation
- Problems related to hearing
- Chronic infection of the ear leading to speech delay
What does the pathologist assess?
- What can the child speak?
- What can the child understand?
- Oral-motor status
- Clarity of speech
Post the above evaluation a pathologist directs a plan of action. Sometimes speech therapy sessions are recommended in order to improve kids’ skill. For a motor related problem, a doctor can state a plan of action and limit the expectation of parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.