Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Humaira SiddiquiYour feedback matters!
Sir if periods khtm hone ka Dusre din without condom sex keya Jaye, ND if sperm ovary main gir Jaye to kya pregnancy hone ka chances Hai? Sir plzz response first.
I did sex with my girlfriend and gave her a pill (ipill) after 70 hours but before 72 hours. Is there any change of pregnancy? Please advise.
My wife's period date was 29 Jan. 2015. But its 16-17 days gone but she is still not get ovulation. On 13 I did pregnancy test by Prega News. But result was negative. It happen first time after our marriage (which was on 28/04/2015) What should I do?
I have late period from last 2-3 months (10-15 days. But this month my period missed. When period date come very small bleeding occur and stop. I have doubt pregnancy but test is negative. Please give me the solution what do.
My wife suffers with vaginal infection .now it's almost cured with one year course. But prolactin level is high approx 25 .it keep fluctuating. She used cablogomin tablet as per Doctor prescription to lower prolactin. But is der any chances of baby conceive .I m too tense. IVF is possible or not in this case.
M 23 yrs. I have first cycle of clomid .my last period was on Feb 24th. have slight PCOS. I have taken beta HCG .my HCG levels are 2.i have one doubt HCG levels are present in pregnant ladies. I have 2 but I'm feeling pregnancy symptoms. S.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories.
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however, does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types:
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.