Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hridya Kapoor
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hridya KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have problem that is my wife is pregnant of one month but we have a 8 months baby boy so we do want baby so early? Please suggest some medicine names and procedures. Pls help.
Feelings don't try to kill you, even the painful ones. Anxiety is a feeling grown too large. A feeling grown aggressive and dangerous. You're responsible for its consequences, you're responsible for treating it. But. You're not responsible for causing it. You're not morally at fault for it. No more than you would be for a tumor.
Hi Doctor! I am 28 and recent report shows I don't have PCODs, irregular periods or no periods for long time have been a part of my life till now, but recent report shows I don't have PCODs and still I don't get periods. Is is dangerous - even worse than having PCODs and no periods? I am married since last year but we stay in different cities so my sex life is not that much. Is not having PCODs related to sex life, is this betterment because of this?
I had sex with my gf but we use precaution while having sex. And she is not having period of this month. But the thing is when we had a sex last month I gave her unwanted 72 and she had a period in her normal date after that again she had a period for 12 to 13 days but now this month she has a date of his period which is 7th august but today is 14th august she doesn't have her period. And she did a pregnancy too and result is negative. So is there any chance of pregnancy? And when she does have her periods of this month?
Mam meri shadi ko 5 month hue maine cheak karaya blood report normal hai but hsg test me right tube corner blockage bataya aur left februal block but doosre docter boli hsg me clear report ni aata khula bhi ho sakta h band bhi ho sakta h jaroori ni band hi ho kya main conceive kar paoongi.
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!