Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hitesh Sharma
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Hitesh SharmaYour feedback matters!
What is wound healing?
Wound healing is a process in which the body repairs itself after an injury by the complex mechanism by replacing destroyed tissues. It includes three types of intentions, and they are as follows:
1. Healing by primary intention
It includes healing in which restoration of continuity occurs by fibrous adhesion. Formation of granulation tissue does not take place and results in a thin scar.
2. Healing by secondary intention
In this type, healing takes place by adhesion of granulating surfaces. It occurs when the edges of the wound are far apart, and cannot be brought together.
3. Healing by tertiary intention
It is a combination of primary and secondary intention healing. In this type, the gradual filling of a wound cavity occurs by granulations, and by cicatrix formation. In this process various growth factors are involved, such as epidermal growth factor, vasculo-endothelial growth factor, platelet-derived growth factor.
How wound healing occurs?
Wound healing is divided into following phases:
- Establishment of rapid homeostasis: In this phase, the actual bleeding stops. It is accomplished by vasoconstriction, in which blood vessels contract to stop bleeding.
- Stage of inflammation: During this phase neutrophils (white blood cells) proliferates at the site of a wound to destroy bacteria, and to remove debris. The neutrophils are at highest count between 24, and 48 hours after an injury, and get reduced after 3 days. After that specialized cells called macrophage arrives to continue the process. These cells secrete growth factors and proteins that facilitate tissue repair. This phase lasts for 4 to 6 days and shows symptoms of edema, redness, heat, and pain.
- Proliferation and migration of the cells: During the process of inflammation, the body releases cell which causes migration, and proliferation. In this phase, epithelial cells proliferate to overlap the wound, and this phase can last from 4 days to 24 days.
- Formation of blood vessel: It is also known as angiogenesis. In this process body’s cells begin to replace the veins, and arteries which are damaged. In this process, the body either creates new vessels or adds onto the existing vessels. Along with this collagen deposition, granulation formation also occurs.
- Stage of reepithelialization: Once the blood vessels are formed, the damage tissues also start regrowing.
- Stage of synthesis: It is the last step, or it can occur simultaneously with above stages. In this process, blood clots are formed, which helps in prevention of further bleeding.
What are the complications of wound healing?
Most common complications are as follows:
- Deficient scar formation
- Excessive scar formation, such as a hypertrophic scar, keloids, etc.
- Deficient contraction of wound or excessive contraction
Cuts and bruises, which you may get from a wide variety of sources, is one of the most commonly overlooked issues that many of you face on a regular basis. Cuts and grazes can be treated easily with homeopathy.
There are many great homeopathic remedies, which deal with pain, inflammation and the general healing process. Here they are.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy when you have a bruise on your body. It helps reduce the swelling as well as the pain, in whichever part of the body you have swelling on. However, it is worth noting that Arnica does not help much with muscle pain.
- Hypericum: It is worth note that arnica works best on parts of the body which do not have as many nerve endings. For example, the legs and arms are excellent places to administer arnica and it works very well there. However, it is worth note that arnica is not as good with parts of the body which have many nerve endings. This is where Hypericum comes in. Bruises to the fingers, toes and spinal cord heal better with Hypericum than they do with arnica.
- Calendula: Calendula is a medicine, which can be applied as a tincture. A tincture is when a medicine is dissolved in alcohol. Apart from a tincture, Calendula can also be used as a cream, spray or gel. It can heal shallow cuts very rapidly in all of these forms.
- Millefolium: Millefolium is the best homeopathic remedy when there is excessive bleeding and the wound is not clotting properly.
- Staphisagria: This is another medicine used for cuts. However, it is worth noting that Staphisagria is a very good medicine when it comes to treating cuts which are deep or have a stinging sensation.
I am 60 years old, suffering from arthritis, arthropods, sciatica, knee pain, constipation, gas, acidity, indigestion. Please advise.
Sir my dad age is 55 he is having pain in left hand joint between elbow and forearms pls prescribe any cure.
Why my leg iS not working properly. Nd my head is paining tell me some medicine which. Will help mme to recover.
I'm doing handpump from some years before to till now. There is no growth in my body. N I'm getting (left) leg joint pain heavy. Even I can't sit out properly. Getting too much pain can you suggest me tablets etc.
I am a sports person with thin body I have problem while bending my knees. With a popping sound coming out of it.
Occasional teeth clenching is fairly common disorder among adults and children throughout the world. But if the teeth grinding occurs repeatedly, it can cause significant damage to your teeth or gums (with chances of potential tooth loss) and overall dental hygiene. Furthermore, recurrent episodes of bruxism might cause other serious complications such as severe headaches, facial pain or disorders in the temporomandibular joints (located in the forepart of the ear).
According to recent studies, 15-33% of children tend to grind their teeth while they develop their first few pairs and generally stop with the gradual development of adult teeth. In adults, this disorder might occur as an involuntary response, completely unbeknownst to the concerned individual.
The most likely causes of bruxism are as follows:
According to the doctors, in 70% of the adults, repressed stress or anxiety might result in teeth grinding while you are sleeping.
Bruxism might also occur as a result of excessive consumption of alcohol, caffeine, sleeping pills, tobacco, and selected anti-depressants.
Bruxism might also occur due to depression and the sheer competitive nature in certain individuals.
Bruxism might also occur due to a serious disorder such as Parkinson ’s disease.
Bruxism might also occur as an axillary of other sleep related disorders such as excessive snoring, sleep apnoea, etc.
If you have an irregular structural alignment among the upper and lower sets of teeth, Bruxism is more likely to occur.
In children, Bruxism might occur as a response from to pain in the ear or tooth.
The following treatments can be implemented to treat permanent instances of bruxism:
If it is caused by severe stress and anxiety, stress management therapies can be very useful to prevent Bruxism.
If you have a habit of grinding your teeth while you are asleep, you can consult your doctor to provide you with mouth guards.
Regulated consumption of alcohol, tobacco might help prevent Bruxism if it is caused by a side effect of either one of them. Likewise, if the disorder occurs due to a side effect of antidepressants or any other psychiatric medications, you must consult your doctor to change the particular medication.
You can also opt for Dental correction procedures like night guard if the reason of the disorder is the misalignment of the upper and lower teeth or other related dental complications. A custom fit night guard will not only safeguard your comfort, but improve the quality of your smile as well.
Although medications are not common, muscle relaxants (for a certain period of time) or Botox injections are prescribed by doctors when the patient does not respond to other forms of treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.