Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hirday KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hi Doc, I am 25years and I suspected I might be pregnant so as a home remedy I had ripped papaya along with 10-12 seeds. Now I have a brown discharge. I thought it was old blood. But it doesn't smell anything. And I am not getting any periods. Just on wiping the brown discharge. Please suggest. I am not in a situation to take any lab test or consult a doctor.
Hi mam, this is Swathy! It's been one year one month since I got married but still I have not conceived. Still I didn't consult any doctor too. Me n my husband expecting every month but we are disappointed. Am getting my proper menstrual cycle. Please suggest me something.
Hi, I am suffering when before periods get full itching, after period also jock itch like ring worm spreading and vagina lips I get that ringworm I will use lot of medicine and creams. No use ful please suggest me what I do. I could not sit.
I wanted to know if is it ok to have sex with a man or not I am 31 years male but I am interested getting sex with guys. I am unmarried so wanted to know if getting anal sex is scientifically ok or not.
The fourth day of Diwali is celebrated as Annakut to thank God for his benevolence. Govardhan Puja is one of the primary rituals associated with this day. The legend behind this festival is centred around a hillock named Govardhan which Krishna lifted to shelter the people living there from torrential rains. Thus, it is celebrated by making small mounds of cow dung that symbolize the hillock and prayers to Lord Govardhan. Cow dung in India is not treated as mere excrement, but has a number of uses. Primary amongst them is the burning of dried cow dung cakes as fuel to cook food in rural households and provide heat. Cow dung is also an excellent fertilizer. In many places, cow dung is also added to mud bricks so as to strengthen the brick and prevent disintegration.
According to Ayurveda, cow dung is germicidal and has healing properties. To this effect, cow dung is mentioned a number of times in ancient Indian scriptures.
1. Cow dung’s antibacterial properties make it a good natural disinfectant. Using cow dung to disinfect an area involves coating the floor with a paste of fresh cow dung. This practice is followed in many rural households throughout India. Burning cakes of dried cow dung are also said to repel insects and mosquitoes.
2. Cow dung is also said to have mood enhancing properties. It contains bacteria named Mycobacterium vaccae which is responsible for activating neurons that produce serotonin. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes towards making a person feel happy.
3. Dried cow dung is also used to make disinfectant soaps. Some of the ayurvedic practitioners also use cow dung to treat skin ailments. However, you must keep in mind that cow dung does contain bacteria and hence should not be applied on skin that is cut or raw.
4. Even the ash produced by cow dung has beneficial uses. This ash when added to pond water is also said to balance the acidity in the water and regulate pH levels. Dry ash absorbs oil and fat and hence is also used as a cleaning agent.
Here are some other medicinal uses of cow dung:
1. According to some ancient scripts, cow dung ash can be used to strengthen gums and clean teeth.
2. Cow dung is an excellent disinfectant and mosquito repellent. This is the reason why the walls of the houses were coated with cow dung in the ancient times.
3. The cow dung can be used a body back in order to detoxify the body.
4. It is also said to be very helpful in preventing pimples.
5. Cow dung is also known to improve blood circulation.
6. It also helps in keeping the infections from spreading.
7. Ayurvedic medicines made out of cow dung also work wonders in treating indigestion problems.
However, if one chooses to use cow dung to treat an ailment or cleanse the body in any way, it should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor.
Hello sir may I know what pills to be taken to avoid pregnancy and when to take that is before sex or after pls suggest.
Hello doc, my wife doesn't like sex. I don't know why? We have completed 11 years of marriage but still she didn't like to do foreplay and sex. I am really feels very disappointing at every moment. I usually use alcohol, when she ignored me. Also I tried to suicide twice when she ignored me. Am really depressed now. Could you please help me.
Sir/mam, I am 21 years old. From past one year I have been feeling pain in my breasts. This pain remains for 15-20 days then for some time it becomes ohk then after sometimes it again starts paining and remain for 15-20 days. It pains more when I touch it. I m worried what could be reason please guide me through.
With the growing market for organic products, there is a widespread confusion on which product to choose. The same dilemma holds good in selecting the type of bread. White bread or Brown Bread? People are not sure which one to eat to stay healthy. A few quick facts about the two types of bread and which one should be consumed to stay healthy, are given below
White bread is made out of refined wheat flour that has nothing to offer for the body. During the process of making white bread, the bran and wheat germ is removed from the wheat flour and Potassium Bromate, Benzoyl Peroxide or Chlorine Dioxide gas are used for bleaching to generate the whiteness. Potassium Bromate is highly dangerous if consumed in large doses. Chlorine dioxide is also used as a pesticide and is considered hazardous to the environment. When a large amount of white bread is consumed, the refined carbohydrates generate high levels of insulin thus, resulting in higher chances of weight gain. In spite of being globally popular, white bread is highly unhealthy for your body. It is completely devoid of nutrients and it is as harmful as table sugar for the digestive system.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has revealed that whole wheat brown bread is rich in nutrients compared to the white bread. One major factor contributing to the above-mentioned fact is the amount of fiber present in whole wheat brown bread. The increased fiber content slows down the digestion process and thereby, reduces the effect on blood sugar and production of insulin. Other nutrients that are present in brown bread include vitamin B6, E, Folic acid, Zing, Copper and Manganese. Brown bread has lesser amount of calcium as compared to white bread. Many manufacturers claim that they produce brown bread with the same amount of calcium as in white bread. Whole wheat bread contains Phytonutrient also called as plant lignans that have been observed to protect against heart diseases and breast cancer.
Things to consider while buying Brown Bread
The declining demand for white bread has forced a lot of manufacturers to use caramel as a coloring agent to darken white to brown bread. So buyers need to carefully look for the ingredients mentioned in the packing to ensure that they are buying the right product. It is important to check the first ingredient to see whether it is whole wheat or whole meal flour. If the word "enriched" is used, it means that the same flour used for white bread is used. Look for the bread with the minimum ingredients to ensure that you get maximum nutrients and very little additives. Also, make sure the amount of the following ingredients are as given below; sodium should be lesser than 401mg, saturated fat should be 1gm and fiber needs to be 4gm per 2 slices of serving.
To conclude, when it comes to organic and fitness oriented scenarios, brown is always better than white. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 28 year old and I feel I may have conceived, reason being we tried hard in order to conceive. Today is 32th day and no signs of period. Could you please advise on below queries considering above factors- 1. I am experiencing trouble from past 3-4 days with loose motion, gases and indigestion. Can I take some common medicine available in medical shops for loose motion n indigestion? 2. Is it okay to eat fish/chicken if I really may have conceived? 3. Are these some kind of symptoms of pregnancy?
I'm suffering from bleeding in urine since last four days. Whenever I'm urinate some blood and skin flows with urine and lots of pain n itching. I have UTI history. I'm on home made medicine but no any improvement occur. Is there any serious ? please suggest some medication.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.
Wife n I are trying to get pregnant for last 10 months. Today is day 27 of her cycle and so far no period. However she has now got a chronic dry cough (no phlegm) which looks like a throat inflammation as her throat is aching. She has been taking hot water, honey, ginger, gargling (with tantum) for last 3 days, but not helping. Can she take Montair FX for easing her throat inflammation or is there another medicine or natural remedy that is safe to take, In case she could be pregnant this cycle?
People who suffer from Human Immunodeficiency Virus, commonly known as 'HIV', are known as HIV positive people. The virus is the agent of AIDS that is currently incurable. HIV is known to alter the human immune system and makes people much more susceptible and vulnerable to diseases and infections.
Body fluids such as semen, blood, breast milk, vaginal fluids etc. of an infected individual contains the virus, which can be passed from one person to another during blood-to-blood and/or sexual contact. HIV positive women may even pass on this virus to their children during pregnancy, delivery or by breast feeding them. HIV is also transmitted during oral, anal or vaginal sex, by contaminated hypodermic needles and by blood transfusion.
Mentioned below are a few issues that a HIV positive woman have to face apart from discrimination and stigma, fear of infecting their children or partners, violence and abandonment.
- Menstrual Disorders: Changes in menstrual cycles are frequently reported by HIV infected women. However, menstrual dysfunctions are due to varied reasons that aren't directly related to the disease. Although most of the HIV positive women suffer from amenorrhea i.e. the unusual absence of periods, it is not just due to HIV but also because of weight loss or immunosuppression.
- Contraception: It is very important that the contraception a HIV positive woman chooses not only acts as birth control, but also to prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV. Although condoms do not provide exceptional pregnancy prevention, they are excellent at preventing transmission of the HIV virus. Permanent sterilization is usually the most chosen contraceptive method for HIV serodiscordant couples.
- Surgical Complications: HIV positive women are at a higher risk of undergoing gynecologic surgery. This is because they are more vulnerable to pelvic infectious disease that requires surgical intervention. There is also a greater risk of developing vulvar cancer in HIV positive women.
- Fertility: There has been an increase in the number of seropositive women contemplating pregnancy and childbirth. Most couples resort to assisted reproduction to lower the risk of horizontal HIV transmission. Studies show that undergoing HIV treatment and having an undetectable viral load is helpful in preventing the transmission of HIV. It is important to consult a medical expert if you are unable to get pregnant after at least 6 months of trying. Fertility problems are more common in HIV positive women than HIV negative women.
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve, it's thru IVF, FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June. Have done SONOGRAPHY today 10/9/2016 CRL MEASURES 3.57 cms corresponds to 10 weeks 3 days SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC ----------------------- Problem :--- 1. TOO MUCH OF SEVERE ACIDITY AND MORNING/NOON SICKNESS CONTINUING SINCE LAST Four WEEKS (9aug). Taking doxinate @nyte but still very much vomiting. Please suggest "how to cure this acidity with lesser side effects on my pregnancy. Please guide further, on Medication with time validity of each of the following medicines. 1. Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily 2. Crinone gel - twice 3. Susten injection on every 4th day 4. Folvite once daily #Meet with gynic she told to add aciloc and mucaine gel ,should I?# As 10th week running, when shud (in which week of pregnancy) progynova N crinone gel /susten injection be stopped?
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease. One out of every six people in the United States suffers from this disease. It is more common than you think. Like any other STD, it is extremely important to take proper protection (use a condom) while engaging in sexual activities.
Genital Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus.
- HSV-1 is most commonly associated with blisters and ulcers around the mouth known as cold sores.
- HSV-2 is associated with blistering lesions in genital areas that are exposed during sexual contact.
However, both types of herpes simplex virus can infect the mouth or the genital areas, meaning that genital contact with a cold sore on the mouth can lead to genital herpes. Likewise, kissing someone with a cold sore can spread the herpes simplex virus infection.
After the initial outbreak of herpes, the virus travels through the nerves and resides in nerve tissue within the body.
Most people with genital herpes don’t know they have it. That’s because in most people it produces either no symptoms or very mild ones.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes:
- The area around your genitalia becomes red and cracked without any pain or itching.
- Itching around your anal region
- Blisters around your genitalia can cause immense pains when they break open.
- Pain in the open sores while urination.
- Headaches and backaches.
- Flu and swollen lymph nodes are very common.
- Fatigue is also felt if you suffer from genital herpes.
Symptoms like these can be mistaken for other infections such as vaginal yeast infections, bacterial infections and bladder infections. So, if you are suffering from such symptoms it is advisable to go in for a health check up followed by a physical exam and a blood test to confirm whether you have genital herpes or not.
How can it get spread?
You can only get Genital Herpes from vaginal intercourse and not anal or oral intercourse. The fluid present in the sore of a genital herpes patient has infected fluid. If the fluid comes in contact with their partner’s sexual organs while having intercourse they can be easily infected.
Can Symptoms Be Treated?
There is no cure for genital herpes. But the symptoms can be lessened and prevented with treatment. Treatment can also reduce the risk of infecting others.
Your healthcare provider may prescribe antiviral medications to help prevent or reduce the pain and discomfort from an outbreak of symptoms. Medication taken on a daily basis to suppress the virus can reduce the number of outbreaks and reduce the risk of infecting others
How to Avoid Getting Genital Herpes:
- Try to have sex with people who have been tested negative for herpes or any other STDs.
- Use a latex condom while having sex. It prevents any sort of liquid to pass inside your partner’s genitalia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Can anyone make sexual relationship with his wife, when his wife pregnant and is it harmless ,how many times he can make this relationship during this time?
मेथी एक जड़ी बूटी है जो भूमध्य क्षेत्र, दक्षिणी यूरोप और पश्चिमी एशिया के मूल है। यह कई भारतीय व्यंजनों और घरेलू उपचार में एक लोकप्रिय घटक है। मेथी को कीट से बचाने वाली क्रीम के रूप में भी इस्तेमाल किया गया है। वे विटामिनों जैसे कि थायामिन, फोलिक एसिड, रिबोफ़्लिविन, नियासिन, विटामिन ए, बी 6 और सी में समृद्ध हैं।
मेथी के लाभ:
1. पाचन समस्याओं और कोलेस्ट्रॉल स्तर में सुधार:
मेथी कई पाचन समस्याओं के साथ मदद कर सकता है, जैसे कि पेट में दर्द, कब्ज और पेट की सूजन। मेथी में पानी में घुलनशील फाइबर कब्ज से राहत में मदद करता है। अक्सर इसके विरोधी भड़काऊ प्रभावों के कारण अल्सरेटिव कोलाइटिस आहार उपचार योजना में शामिल किया जाता है।
मेथी के बीज रक्त में एल.डी.एल कोलेस्ट्रॉल को कम करने में मदद करते हैं और शरीर में एच.डी.एल को बढ़ाते है।
2. विरोधी सूजन गुण:
उनके विरोधी भड़काऊ गुणों के कारण कई औषधि माहिर ने मेथी, वसा और फोड़े को चंगा करने के लिए मेथी की सलाह दी है। यह शरीर में फंस गई ऊर्जा को तोड़ता है और सूजन को ठंडा करता है।
3. कैंसर से बचाता है:
अध्ययनों से पता चला है कि मेथी मे फाइबर कुछ कैंसर को रोकने में मदद कर सकता है। मेथी में सैपोनिन और म्यूसीज भोजन में विषाक्त पदार्थों से बाँधते हैं और उन्हें शरीर से बाहर निकल देते हैं, इस प्रकार कैंसर से बृहदान्त्र के बलगम झिल्ली की रक्षा करते हैं।
4. भोजन विकारों के साथ मदद करता है:
स्वाद बढ़ाने से परे, यह भूख में वृद्धि करने में मदद करता है, जिसके परिणामस्वरूप पुनस्थापना और पोषक गुण होते हैं। यह जठरांत्र और अपच के लिए एक प्रभावी उपचार है। इससे पेट की अल्सर द्वारा बनाई गई कब्ज और पाचन समस्याओं को रोकने में मदद मिलती है।
5. वजन घटाने में सहायता:
मेथी के बीज वसा के संचय को रोकते हैं और वजन घटाने में लिपिड और ग्लूकोज की चयापचय में सुधार करते हैं।
6. स्तनपान में दूध के प्रवाह को बढ़ावा देता है:
इस जड़ी बूटी में फाइटोस्ट्रोजन होता है जो स्तनपान कराने वाली माताओं में दूध उत्पादन को बढ़ा देता है। मेथी महिला के स्तन के दूध की आपूर्ति बढ़ा सकती है क्योंकि यह एक गैलेक्टोगोग के रूप में काम करती है।
7. पुरुषों में कामेच्छा बढ़ाता है:
पुरुषों के लिए मेथी के कुछ उपयोग में हर्नियास, स्तंभन दोष जैसा रोग का उपचार शामिल है। मेथी यौन उत्तेजना और टेस्टोस्टेरोन के स्तर को भी बढ़ा सकती है।
8. मासिक धर्म का ऐंठन कम करें:
मेथी के बीज मासिक धर्म के दर्द के साथ-साथ माहवारी के साथ जुड़े अन्य लक्षणों के दर्द को कम करने में भी मदद कर सकते हैं। मेथी में डायोस्जेनिन नामक एक पदार्थ होता है जो एस्ट्रोजेन के समान व्यवहार करता है। यह तनाव, चक्कर आना, और नींद की कमी और रजोनिवृत्ति के लक्षणों को काटने में मदद करता है।
9. हृदय जोखिम को कम कर देता है:
इसके बीज में 25% गैलेक्टोमनैनन होते हैं। यह एक प्रकार का प्राकृतिक घुलनशील फाइबर है जो विशेष रूप से हृदय रोग में कमी से संबंधित है।
मेथी के दुष्प्रभाव
मेथी अपने स्वाद और स्वास्थ्य लाभों के लिए अत्यधिक मूल्यवान है यही वजह है कि इसका स्वास्थ्य पूरक के रूप में अत्यधिक उपयोग और दुरुपयोग भी सामान्य है। जिसके कारण कुछ साइड इफेक्ट हो सकते हैं या कुछ मामलों में गंभीर समस्या भी हो सकती है।
1. बड़ी खुराक में, मेथी अपने टेराटोजेनिक क्षमता के कारण जन्म दोष पैदा कर सकता है। इसलिए अपने चिकित्सक से इसके उपयोग के बारे में परामर्श करने की सलाह दी जाती है।
2. मेथी एक गर्भाशय उत्तेजक है इसलिए अतिरिक्त खुराक प्रतिकूल गर्भाशय के संकुचन का कारण बन सकता है जो प्रारंभिक श्रम पर आ सकता है।
3. जब मुंह से अधिक लिया जाता है, तो यह गैस, सूजन और दस्त का कारण हो सकता है।
4. मेथी से एलर्जी के आम लक्षण हैं चकत्ता, पित्ती, सांस फूलना और बेहोशी।
5. यदि आप कोई भी मौखिक दवाएं ले रहे हैं, तो आपको इन दवाओं से कम से कम दो घंटे पहले या बाद में मेथी का प्रयोग करना चाहिए।