Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hirday Kapoor
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hirday KapoorYour feedback matters!
I am on birth control pills .but I have a question. I just completed my one month pack 3 days earlier. N now m waiting for my periods. I had unprotected sex yesterday n today. Though he did not ejaculate inside. Shud I be worried. My last period was on 30th of the previous month.
Sir, I am a 30 year old married 6 months ago. We are trying for a child for last 3 months and couldn't succeeded. Kindly give me solution n advice please.
Dear doctor I am having irregular periods and menstrual cycle problems. Last time I had my periods for 3 weeks with heavy bleeding every day. In between it didn't bleed for two or three days. Also 28 days gap is not maintained sometimes. Kindly suggest some medicine or some natural remedies. Thank you.
I had my last periods on 5 Dec and had my intercourse in 15 Dec is it my ovulation period and did I get pregnant.
Some women may wear cotton and some satin. What is obvious here is which one of the two women are more comfortable. Even if the woman who is dressed in satin has a much shorter dress than the woman wearing cotton, the skin of the woman wearing cotton will still breathe a lot better. Therefore, it can be said that it is not the length of the clothing you wear as compared to the material you are wearing, which dictates how well you breathe. This is because certain fabrics allow sweat to evaporate while others block skin pores.
Here are the fabrics, which allow sweat to evaporate and do not block skin pores:
- Cotton: There are a number of natural varieties of cotton. Cotton blends are one of those, which might not be very helpful, but 100% cotton fabric is. Seersucker and madras cotton are also easy to breathe in. Dry summers and humid conditions make cotton clothes ideal.
- Linen: Linen is another natural fiber, which absorbs moisture well. Since linen is lightweight, it is also a fabric which helps your skin breathe.
- Light variants of silk: The light variants of silk allow your skin to breathe since it dries quickly and is highly absorbent. Silk is also a fabric, which is least likely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Chambray: Chambray is an alternative to denim and is a breathable one as well.
There are also fabrics which you should avoid in summer when your skin needs to breathe. They are.
- Satin: Satin as mentioned earlier is thick and heavy and does not allow someone to breathe well.
- Nylon: Nylon does not absorb sweat well and is also water repellant. This means that it will trap sweat within your clothes and will make you feel uncomfortable.
- Polyester: Polyester is very similar to nylon in that it makes sweat stick in between your body and your garment.
- Rayon or viscose: Rayon or viscose is often passed off as cotton. However, it's not as good as cotton, even though it is not as bad as polyester or nylon.
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Renovascular hypertension is also known as renal hypertension. This can be defined as a rise in blood pressure because of partial or complete blockage of the renal arteries. It may be caused by a blockage in only one artery or multiple arteries. This condition does not usually exhibit any symptoms unless it is a long-standing condition. Renovascular hypertension may be caused by a narrowing of one or both renal arteries or fibromuscular dysplasia. It can also be affected by kidney disease.
Without treatment, renal hypertension can affect a number of other organs. In extreme cases, it can even be fatal by causing kidney failure, heart attacks or a stroke. Hence, an early diagnosis and treatment is a must. Medication is usually the first form of treatment advised by a person. This takes the form of ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers. However, in some cases, taking both types of medication may still not be enough to reduce renal hypertension. In such cases, surgical procedures may be required. Surgery has longer lasting results and it helps control hypertension to a much higher degree as compared to medication. The results of a surgical procedure are also quicker.
The most common surgical procedures used to treat this condition include:
- Angioplasty: This is a minimally invasive procedure that does not always require hospitalization. The procedure involves threading a catheter through a large artery in the groin and taking it to the renal artery. The catheter is then used to inflate a balloon in the renal artery for a few minutes. This helps widen the artery and increase the blood flow rate.
- Stenting: This can be considered an extension of an angioplasty. Along with the balloon, a wire mesh stent is also expanded in the renal artery. Though the balloon is later deflated and removed the wire mesh is left in place. This helps keep the artery open and improves blood flow.
- Bypass Surgery: This procedure is an open abdominal procedure for which the patient is put under general anesthesia. A bypass surgery is usually considered only if an angioplasty and stenting are not viable forms of treatment. This procedure involves sewing a healthy blood vessel in place beside the renal artery and redirecting blood flow to this blood vessel. This blood vessel may be harvested as part of the aorta. Bypass surgery is the most effective form of treatment and has the longest lasting results. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!