Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. HindujaYour feedback matters!
SMy question is about the constant unbearable pain in her right hand with the constant pricking of needle (trying to find veing) by the nurse in one of the hospitals.
I am 28 years old my whole body is paining and their is a swelling on my ankle and even I can not sleep from three days so what should I do.
I have body pain and also headache with little bit cold and my eyes is also like burning what should I do for this?
Feeling very week, pain in chest during turning in sleeping, feeling little sick, little pain in whole body.Please tell.
Hi sir, I am from erode in tamilnadu and my age 29. i have problem from afternoon time my body is paining and have no power for work, urine pass normal type, I can't work properly. what is the problem for me? how to solve it? please help me.
My son is suffering from ache in the legs at night almost. It is like the stretch in leg. His age is 5.5 yrs. What can i do?
I am suffering from high fever and body pain and also feeling cold. Some said that these are the symptoms of DENGUE, but I don't have any kind of rashes on my skin as they are one of the symptoms of Dengue. So please guide me what should be my diet and precautions to prevent any serious illness.
Iam going to gym for last 5 days, I have full of body pains, and also what diet I have to maintain, is morning lemon water is good for health.
I am a 23 yr old male, I am in severe pain whenever I blow air from mouth like filling up a balloon. Pain and swelling is just below the cheeks, Within a few hrs pain and swelling vanishes as if nothing happened. This occurs only when I blow air.
I am suffering from headache & body pain. Which type of disease is this. Prescribe any medicine for it.
I met an accident and after check up found out that I am having a hairline fracture on my right feet. I am facing severe pain and swelling. What should I do now? Please help.
Hello Dr. I am 68 years old nake and having radiating pain in my lumbar region as I am suffering from lumbar spondylosis. Pl advice me if I can walk during this condition or take rest. As I am also having spinal tb in D12 but the pain is not there anymore. But due to that I have loose weight n feel weak after a while. Pl suggest me what to do.
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on enhancing mobility and treating disabilities. Physiotherapy is used commonly in case of sports injuries, partial or complete paralysis, arthritis, neurological disorders, etc. along with helping the patient regain movement and improving flexibility, physiotherapy also helps deals with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and injury related pain. This pain may make you want to simply curl up and stay immobile but this could be detrimental to your progress. Through physical therapy, a patient can learn how to function and move safely and thus becomes stronger.
Here are a few ways physiotherapy is beneficial for pain management.
- It teaches breathing techniques: Physiotherapy doesn’t only address the joints and muscles of the body, but also addresses the autonomic nervous system and involuntary movements that control the functioning of the organs. By teaching a patient how to breathe correctly through opening up the chest and neck muscles, physiotherapy helps improve blood circulation that further helps relieve pain.
- It helps with weight management: When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and knee joint pain, being overweight is one of the key factors triggering the pain. This is because of the more your weight, the more the pressure on your joints and hence the more the pain. Physiotherapy helps increase a patient’s mobility and thus aids in weight loss. This, in turn, reduces the pressure on joints and pain associated with it.
- It strengthens muscles: Physiotherapy deals with both the muscles affected by an injury as well as the unaffected muscles. While it helps regain control over the injured muscles, ligament and tendons it also helps strengthen the unaffected muscles. This helps them compensate for the limited functioning of the affected muscles. By strengthening the muscles, physiotherapy also makes movement easier and helps reduce pain.
- It helps improve posture: For people with back problems, the way you sit and stand can make a big difference to the pain experienced. Physiotherapy teaches a person how to sit and stand straight so as to support the back muscles properly.
- It helps determine the right equipment: Having the right shoes can play a big role in alleviating pain associated with walking. Similarly, physiotherapy can equip a person with the right equipment to make movement easier and less painful. This could be as simple as a walking stick for arthritic patients or a robotic glove for patients who have paralysed hand muscles. Furniture such as supportive mattresses and office chairs can also help alleviate back pain.