Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Himendar SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. I have got dark patches on my skin. N my complexion also got dark. My hand n leg become dark. N I have got married. What should I apply to get fair skin.
I am 20 years old, I am having dark circles around my eyes which makes my face looks dull. Is there any solution to get rid of it?
Can I know the best way to get rid of white heads on my nose ? please help me out. Thanks in advance.
My wife is 27 years old, from last 3 weeks some white round spots are seen in her skin (both hand & chest). What should I do?
I have very dark circles under my eyes. I tried many creams but it didn't work out. Please give me some solution to my problems.
I am underweight my weight is not increasing, how to make my face smooth whiter how to remove dark spots.
With summer right around the corner, it is tremendously important to stress upon the importance of using sunscreen. The right sunscreen provides protection from the spectrum of harmful rays of the sun that are known as uva and UVB, which not only create the threat of skin cancer but also fasten the process of skin aging. Taking adequate measures against these hazards is thus of prime importance.
No sunscreen provides absolute protection from the harmful rays of the sun but using the right product in the right way will take you far in shielding yourself from their harshness. These are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen the next time.
Do: choose a sunscreen that is, at least, spf 30+
That is the minimum protection that your skin requires. And if you must stay outdoors for an extended period of time, opt for a product with a higher SPF rating.
Do: apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors
For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
Do: test a small amount of the product on yourself before application
Apply a small amount of sunscreen on your wrist first and check for allergic reactions if you're trying it for the first time or are switching over to a new brand. In case it causes an allergic reaction, discontinue use at once and consult a dermatologist regarding, which sunscreen you should use.
Do: use sunscreen every day of the year
The sun's harmful rays persist in all seasons, whether it's summer or winter. Even on cloudy days, it's advisable to apply sunscreen to protect the skin as UV rays are still able to penetrate through thick covers of cloud, thereby harming your skin.
Don't: apply sunscreen only on the face
Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body.
Don't: forget to reapply
Sunscreens rub off quite easily due to sweating or contact with water. Reapply as often as you can, ideally every 2 hours.
Keep in mind that apart from the application of sunscreen, it is also necessary to keep the skin covered as much as possible to protect yourself against skin ailments caused by exposure to the sun.
I am a 18 years old girl. I am having much dark circles on my face. I have rough skin. Doctor suggest me something.
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hydradenitis suppurativa is a chronic inflammatory condition of the sweat glands (called as apocrine or sebaceous glands) and hair follicles. The apocrine glands are found in the axillae (arm pits), areola surrounding the nipples and anal canal. They open into the hair follicles. This may present as a group of boils or abscesses.
- It is also found in areas of skin, which come in contact with each other like the sub mammary folds under the breasts and inner thighs.
- There is long-term skin inflammation and it can be extremely painful.
- Homeopathic medicines will enhance the self-healing potential of the individual and help in the healing of the ulcers and sinus tracts, treat the existing lesions and reduce the pain to a marked degree. After all this condition has chronic inflammation, which needs to be addressed by anti-inflammatory homeopathic medicines.
- Homeopathic treatment entails of doing the complete case study of the individual and asking him various questions in relation to his disease and in relation to the various aspects of his life. After careful study a homeopathic medicine is selected.
- Usually skin diseases are an external manifestation of internal stresses and emotions and homeopathic case taking is able to address these stresses which most of the times are responsible for the continuation and act as trigger factors for any skin disease.
- Bellis perennis, belladonna, hepar sulphuricum, arnica montana, silicea, apis mellifica, hecla lava, arsenic album, phytolacca and lachesis are some of the common homeopathic remedies that can be useful, but the remedy is given only after careful case taking.
After homeopathic constitutional treatment will give you a best results
You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.
I have alot of black stains on my right cheek since childhood .please how can cure & how much will be the cost for treatment.
Hello doctor, I am asking one question. How to remove on dark spot on skin. please doctor can you reply how does solve problem.
I have a beard since 3 years and few months back my skin under the beard started to itch and kind of pimples started coming. Its very irritating and I get the strong urge to pull the hair around it. I shaved my beard now but I still have those pimples/rash type of thing in some areas. Is there something I can do to first heal those pimples and second, to reduce the sensitivity of my skin. I plan to grow beard again after this is fixed.
My lips are suddenly looking different when I close my mouth. They look flat especially lower lip. And can not hold them for long. Looking very weak. I am 21.
I have taken cleansed my face and taken steam on my face for 5 mins then rubbed a lil and then applied honey now many small boils have appeared immediately which are very itchy. Please help.
I Have Skin Problem in summer dark spot found on my skin and its painful what can I do Please help me.
I'm 30 years female. I use to have constipation. Becoz of which I have developed an anal fissure. I'm taking medicine for constipation. I get relief from constipation and fissure. But whenever I stop medicine within couple of days my fissure problem reoccur. Pls suggest me some good medicine. I have changed my diet to veg diet n fiber rich diet. Pls pls pls help me. I'm really worried abt all this.
There are a variety of aspects of skin care that have to do with elements and habits that are outside the products and treatments one may use in order to get youthful looking skin and retain its natural glow. Here is a list of five mistakes that may be aging your face despite the best efforts in terms of skin care. Banish these habits today to ensure that you do not end up with wrinkles and fine lines prematurely.
- Make Up: While there is nothing wrong with using make up on a regular basis, the cardinal sin that many of us commit includes not cleaning the make up properly before we hit the bed. Many of us are so tired by the end of the day that we end up sleeping with our mascara and lipstick still on. The ingredients of such products can greatly alter the quality of your skin if left on for too long. You will need to allow your skin to breathe without any layers of make up so that your dead cells can get replenished and the elasticity of the skin is retained.
- Sun Exposure: Prolonged sun exposure without proper protection like a proper sun screen can lead to long term damage and skin diseases too. Not only should we remain in the shade with a large floppy hat whenever we are out in the sun, but we should also do a little research and get the best SPF possible that will also suit our skin. Also, we should avoid staying the sun for too many hours in a row.
- Hydration: Many of us make the mistake of having sugary drinks and other beverages when the skin actually needs plenty of water for proper hydration. The skin tends to get dehydrated quickly because of the constant exposure to the world outside and all its micro particles that we catch from pollution and general dirt and grime. Therefore, it is important to replenish the skin with the clear goodness of natural water rather than drinking too many sugary beverages that can harm the collagen and break it down in the long run.
- Sleep: Late nights at work or play can both be extremely detrimental for the skin as the skin needs some rest in order to get the regeneration process going in a smooth manner. Tired looking skin with dark circles can give way to crow's feet and fine lines that look very unbecoming on a young person.
- Too Many products: Ensure that you use only a few products for a prolonged period, rather than using too many products and changing them often. This will keep the skin looking fresh and young. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.