Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Himani TyagiYour feedback matters!
My voice is not good at singing. How can we bring improvement in voice while singing .kindly suggest me some ways. I heard gargling with salty water regular makes voice good n clear. Also honey works to a greater extent. Thanks.
What should be done to clear the speech if one has suffered a stroke and is still trying to recover after 14 months?
My 3 years son is badly suffering from Stammering. He is not able to pronounce words clearly. I feel very upset to see my little ones suffering. Please suggest for the treatment. Note: I am his father, 30 years old, also suffering from stammering since my childhood. I won't face much problem in communicating with people around me.
I'm 17 years old but my voice is not deeper and denser and it still sounds like a 14-15 year old ones, perhaps my voice is not cracked properly, how to get a deeper denser and a manly voice, plzzzz help, thank you.
Meri awaz saf nahi becoz bcoz my voice is not clear plzz Dr. Help me what I do For clearance of my voice.
When speaking with elders and before crowd my legs are becoming senseless and shivering vigorously. Please suggest.
I am 26 year old I have a Stammering problem from long year. I am getting fail because of that problem. I want to get solution for my problem.
I am 33 years old. I have Hypothyroidism. My voice has been changed when I was pregnant. Please let me know, what may be the problem. Do I need to consult Endocrinologist or ENT specialist.
Sir can my stammering be cured with practice. please tell me what should I do to improve my speech. I feel very hurt when I stammer in front of someone. I think my breathing is not corect. Sir I am in serious trouble with my speech. I feel like suicide some times.
From last 1 year I'm facing some slurring of speech in pronouncing words with 's'.Earlier I had never an issue and I had very clear diction. I'm afraid that it may be due to thyroid (hypothyroidism) issues which I have for some time. My latest thyroid report shows TSH - 8.1, T3 and T4 are in normal range. In my previous reports from last 4 years TSH has been in range of 5-6 .T3 and T4 in normal range though towards lower scale. 4 years before I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and since then I am on hypertension medication .I take Telma-h 40 mg and my BP is now in control. I also had moderately high cholesterol earlier and I also take LILO - 10 mg. My latest lipid profile is normal except HDL - 36 (range 40 - 60) which is slightly borderline. TSH has also been slightly higher since my diagnosis 4 years earlier but I have never taken its medication coz it was never very high and T3, T4 were normal. Can speech slurring be thyroid related issue and I should consult?
Sir I am suffer from stammering. My confidence level is very low when I stutter. Is there any remedy for it. Pliz suggest me.
One of my student was going to appear im examination but on the day of examination he was so much psychologically depressed, he couldn't speak a single word on that day. Still he is tge same condition. He is very intelligent and loves to give exams.
I think I he been facing some mental problem as my family says. Some time I anger to much to them. Using loud voice. I started to thinking to much about my future. My marriage. Started feeling lonely most of the time and started to find job to comes out from loneliness bt that one also not helps me. Old suggest me what should I do right now. M I a mentally seek person?
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lycopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.