Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant Saha JainYour feedback matters!
I am getting more sweat From that I getting smell from body Simply sitting also sweat will come How to control sweet and smell of sweat.
I am having albuminuria since last year and also have enlarged prostate for which ailment I am having Veltam. 4 mg tablets morning and evening. Is there any chance of me getting prostate cancer. I am 76 years old person and suffering from osteoarthritis also. My creatinine level is 1.5. Please advise Thanks.
I'm 22 years old. I had a habit of masturbation daily in twice. Sometimes it takes 3 to 4 times in a day. But it is rare. I need to know whether it is bad and it may cause any side effects to body. Or whether it will affect in future while intercourse with wife and problem for getting baby.
Hello sir, My son having face full of pimples he studying 12 std and also lack of sleep. What should he do?
Im a married man of 34 years last two times after sex I got blood of pink. Colour in my sperm. ejaculation. What it means what measures should I take please advice asap.
Sir I am a used to person of masturbate .now I have been married since last 8 months and my wife is pregnant but now I am feeling that there is no proper erection in my penis and it is too soft . please tell me wat should I do for proper erection and is there any technique to increase thickness of penis.
I'm having headache every night from last 1month since I had viral fever a month back why it happening wid me after dat viral fever?
Good evening sir, I have acidity problem from last three years .i have tried lot of medicine (capsules) which are taken in morning time before breakfast as per doctor preference but I feel well till treatment period after that again I face acidity problem. After acidity I feel headache problem and some time ulcer forms in mouth. Please suggest what I can do to escape from this problem.
I had sex and used contraceptive pills. Just after that. And I had sex the other day also. I didn't use condom. And just after someday she had periods. Which contained the blood of deep colour. And now she is telling there is pain in stomach. Can she be pregnant?
Hello Dr. G. R agrawal im having this problem since very long time. It happens when ever I get angry for at least 2mins. Wen I go to dry clothes in the sun then the headache does not go the whole day!
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.