Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi My baby is one month old. He does not suck ma nipples. He is not taking breast feed. Please suggest me what should I do.
A mother's prime focus always is how to ensure that her child is happy and comfortable, especially when the child is too small. One of the problems which bothers many mothers who are bringing up really small children, is diaper rash. Sensitive skin, tight diaper and prolonged contact with feces and urine etc are common reasons for diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis.
Here are few tips to avoid diaper rash and ensuring your child is always comfortable.
1. Careful with wash: if you are using a cloth diaper, be extra careful in washing such that there is no soap remaining in the cloth.
2. Clean well: when bathing your baby, make sure you clean the area covered by diaper with a mild soap and do not rub the area while drying, since the skin is sensitive.
3. Remove soiled diaper instantly: this is the most important. However busy you are, you need to aware of the times when the diaper/cloth has been soiled. And when soiled, the diaper has to be changed at the earliest. Do not keep your baby in the diaper for all hours of the day. It is good if they are out of the diaper for some time every day.
4. Keep the diaper loose. Also, ensure that you wash the cotton diapers with fabric softeners and try to avoid wipes altogether as they have strong chemicals in them.
5. Keep a tab on rashes: if your baby does get the rashes, check with the pediatrician at the earliest. Frequent topical applications of a bland protective barrier agent (zinc oxide paste) may suffice to prevent dermatitis. There are also chances of fungal infections. Antifungal creams should be used on advice of a doctor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
My son of 8 years old is not ready to write any thing or the exam and also he does not want to write. He is ready to read but not write. At home in the mothers presence he does the home work. From past 6 months he has got a habit to take any material book, box or his palm and call up to some one as a mobile. Please I am really very much worried. Give me some solution.
Is dysentery common in infants, sometimes it is greenish in colour why also is there anything that mothers should not eat, commonly people tend to say not to eat apple, banana as it causes formation of sputum. Kindly suggest.
Sir mujhe bar bar balgham ata hai mere bhal(hair) gir rhe hai ganja pan bhi aa gya hai mera weight bhi bhut kam hai like 6 feet height hai mere or 59 kg weight hai mera so sir please help me what to do around 20000 thousand spend kr chuka hu doctors pr sari saving khtm ho gyi and no result.
My 4+ son has ahr. He was prescribed juvetra for 1mnth and vit d supplement for 2mnths as he had borderline vit d defeciency also. He was prescribed defcort and chericof for cough problem. He has finished the 1 mnth course of juvetra. But still frequently develops cough for which the prescribed medicine are not fully working. Please suggest what to do.
I have a 3 month old baby off late I have noticed that he keeps rubbing his nose with his hands and sometimes against my shoulder (while sleeping n awake both) while doing this he becomes very uncomfortable n moves a lot. Does it indicate nose blockage or cold or something else?
My Son is 17 Months old. I am a working mom. My son was on breast feed till 2 days back. Off late my son has stopped eating breakfast because he sucks milk whole night. From few days he eats only 2 mouths of food in the afternoon and nights. We tried everything, changing the taste, texture, type of food. My sister suggested me to apply female No bite and to stop breast feed so that he will start eating food. I did the same. My son literally cried for 2 nights and yesterday he was quite okay. But still his food intake is the same. I am emotionally feeling very bad. Whenever I lie down he kisses me for milk. He hugs me, looks at me in a sad way. Some of my office peers suggested me to feed him milk for 2 years. My question is what if he still doesn't eat food. At-least before I was relieved he was getting my milk. Pleas suggest me what should I do. Can I continue feeding him for another 6 months. My mom told by now my milk would have become sour. Is it true.
My son age is 2.9 years but he is not gaining the weight currently he is only 10 kg. What should I do? he has suffering of Fever seizures. Let me know what treatment in homeopathy?
My elder daughter is 7 years she has problem of worms every 2 days she cries I gave mebex syrup & many a times other suspensions but no cure. She is too tiny & doesn't take her meal as she never feels hungry. Please help me.
My niece is only 2 & half months and within 4-6 days of her birth Paediatrician suggested to get the heart checked at our convenience. Yesterday, we did the Eco & it was diagnosed that the she needs Balloon Pulmonary Valvoplanty or the heart will be continue to damage. We are afraid that at this such a young age this surgery is necessary? Please let me know your contact details to share the report for proper diagnosis & Dr. From Lybrate can suggest st a true way forward.
My 6 months old daughter has severe hair fall. Now its almost lik bald. Could you please say some remedy for tis. And wats the reason for the hairfall. Am using homemade coconut oil and himalayas shampoo. Can you also suggest a good oil instead of homemade coconut oil.
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide. Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast. Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).
New baby born girl ko fair and sundar aur healthy banane ke liye kya upai hai kaun sa oil and home made remidy use karu and uske caring ke liye give some tips for baby fairness jo sundar aur gora banaye aur foods jo mom ke liye acha ho.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen, I believe, five of the best strategies to improve nutrition and encourage smart eating habits in kids would be :
1. Have regular family meals.
2. Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.
3. Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
4. Avoid battles over food.
5. Make eating a playtime and probably a way of spending quality time with your kids.involve them in the process.
Kids who take part in regular family meals are also:
- more likely to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains
- less likely to snack on unhealthy foods
- less likely to smoke, use marijuana, or drink alcohol
You could Follow these basic guidelines:
1. Work fruits and vegetables into the daily routine, aiming for the goal of at least five servings a day.
2. Make it easy for kids to choose healthy snacks by keeping fruits and vegetables on hand and ready to eat. Other good snacks include low-fat yogurt, peanut butter and celery, or whole-grain crackers.
3. Serve lean meats and other good sources of protein, such as fish, eggs, beans, soya, tofu.
4. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals so kids get more fiber.
5. Limit fat intake by avoiding fried foods and choosing healthier cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling, roasting, and steaming. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy products.
6. Limit fast food and low-nutrient snacks, such as chips and candy. But don't completely ban favorite snacks from your home. Instead, make them "once-in-a-while" foods, so kids don't feel deprived.
7. Limit sugary drinks, such as soda and fruit-flavored drinks. Serve water and low-fat milk instead.
And above all ----- Be a Role Model Yourself!
The best way for you to encourage healthy eating is to eat well yourself.!!!!
That's all for now, for my next dose(article) ...stay tuned!
You can continue breast feeding till 2 yr of age but after 6 month of age you can add supplementary food in addition to breast milk..
1) rice water. Dal water
3) fresh fruit juices
4) fresh vegetable soup
5)pasteurized top milk
Consistency of above mention food should be liquid initially and then gradually switch over to semi solids as age advances..
Give with spoon & bowel..
Bottle feeding must be stopped..
My 4year old daughter is now11.6kg. She is not gaining weight. Please tell how many times I give food to her. What nutrition food I give and at what timings.
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.