Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HemaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old female. My weight is 65 kg. My breast size is very large. My weight also increases frequently. What to do.
There are more than 20 types of sexually transmitted diseases, including chlamydia, genital herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus (hpv; causes genital warts), trichomoniasis (called" trich"), and hiv/aids. Safer sex, std testing, and prompt treatment for stds can help reduce the spread of these infections.
How to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections and reduce your risk for serious std complications.
My wife is late for her periods by a week. On 16th April gyane tested her urine sample which was positive. I am surprised as we are married for a month and I was able to go in halfway only and only once on 24th March ejaculated a bit inside her. Her last period was on 13th March. Now doc says she is pregnant but also said to wait for another week. Can she really get pregnant or is it too early to confirm. Moreover she had infection and was being treated for it since past one week. Please reply urgently as we both are not ready yet and she is 38kg and very thin doctor said she is undernourished.
Hi Hamari wife ko pregnancy ke 4 month ho chuke hae .ave tak koe ve tika nahe laga hae. Pregnancy ke kitne month me 1st tika lagta hae please reply sir.
Hey m a teenage girl of 17. I masturbate alot. Almost every alternate day. sometimes twice a day. I hav notch that last month my menses got disturbed. They hand twice a month. Also day by day m getting thin. I doubt this is all coz of masturbate too mch. Plze guide me.
I took I pill 3 days before my periods and now they are already delayed by 7 days. I took pregnancy test and it is negative. What should I do to get periods. Should I wait for natural periods or take some medicines to induce periods? If yes than please suggest the best medicine to induce periods.
I generally use to have 23 days or 24 days periods span. And its take 3-4 days from the first date. This time I got my periods in 20th day and its the 7th day now, never it happened before. Please help? And could be the reason for this.
I am 25 years old female. Now I am pregnant. I have already two children's.l would like to stop my delivery after this. Is there any problems while stopping the delivery? Pls answer me.
Hi I was taking contraception tablet and I have stopped and I got bleeding for 15 days now doctor suggested me to take sysron and tablet for 5 days two tablet and 25 days one tablet. Now when I will get periods and will I get pregnant soon.
Dear sir I and my girlfriend had a oral sex and I was sucking her breasts and she complains that she is having nipple pain and I was rubbing my penis on tip of her vagina without any discharge hence there would be any chance of pregnancy and major doubt is she is having a white discharge from vagina since a week or three how can it be controlled please suggest me.
One of my cousin is pregnant and it's her last month and today after doing sonography and other reports its found that the fluid is decreased to 6.5% and the doctor told to do sizzerian within a day so is it emergency or my cousin can wait for some days.
I am 27. I had c-section delivery. My baby is 5 month old. Is it safe for him to consume green coffee during breastfeeding?
I am 24 year. 3 months back mera miscarriage ho gya tha so I want to know that k can I conceive now?
My mothers gets body pain everyday n has severe pain during menstrual. Is it because of her age turning for menopause or something else?
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful journeys in a woman’s life. However, one must remember that there are several dos and don’ts linked to it. You can’t lead an undisciplined life and expect a healthy outcome. Your pregnancy has to be systematically dealt with. You have to give up on a lot of habits that could pose a risk to the health of your growing foetus. Here are some tips to have a healthy pregnancy:
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, it’s time to quit smoking. You must remember that babies born to mothers who smoke have a higher chance of being born as stillborn or prematurely. Babies have also been found to have low birth weight. This is really bad. Your baby will have to fight a lot to survive. You might be asked to undergo an emergency and untimely delivery. On the other hands, if you quit smoking, you will have lesser or no complications at all. Your foetus will be healthy and grow into a lovely and healthy infant.
- Eat well, eat right, and eat on time: Your diet plays an essential role in your entire pregnancy. You must include all essential nutrients in your diet. Don’t skip your meals and try to have a balanced diet. Avoid spicy and oily food as you experience indigestion issues due to pregnancy hormones. You will need to take some 300 calories extra per day for your foetus. Add vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Take multivitamins: Pregnancy leads to a deficiency of nutrients in your body. You must take a lot of multi vitamins to avoid the deficiency. Ideally, one must start taking the additional vitamin supplements before the pregnancy starts. Thereafter, she must continue with the recommended doses. For example, Omega 3 reduces the chances of giving birth to premature babies.
- Take sufficient rest: You must take rest in adequate amounts and take up moderate exercises in a day for not more than 30 minutes.
- Don’t be exposed to toxics: You should try and minimise the chances of getting exposed to toxic substances.
- Destress yourself: Try and destress yourself by listening to good music, reading a book or taking a careful massage. But you must avoid moving outdoors.
- Drink water: You must drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated all the time. Your fluid balance must be maintained throughout the pregnancy. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife is 24 year old. We got married 2 yrs ago. Some days ago an ovarian Cystic Lesion was found in my wife. But after medication and complication of her period, she had a test and found that No cyst is no more and test report is ok. Doctor prescribed me DRONIS-31 for 3 months. Is this medicine related with Cyst? What actually DRONIS-30 is for? Please answer.
What is the exact circle of periods for pregnancy and egg development and how was the pregnancy will come pls clarify my doubts and feelings.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.